Author Topic: Modern Combat Mod  (Read 3551 times)

Offline Jayge

• Major(1)
Modern Combat Mod
« on: March 15, 2007, 07:33:09 pm »
This mod modifies all interface accessible weapons except the chainsaw, but does not affect the Flamer or the Rambo Bow.

Interface link:
http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=indexlt3.png

Socom – Standard secondary pistol, issued to most everyone who likes killing.

Dual Socoms – For those who really like killing, there are two, not one.

Silenced Uzi – Small but lethal. This thing reloads fast, and kills with equal spead.

G-41 – A standard rifle, with moderate ammo, accuracy, damage, and kickback. In the hands of a skilled person, this weapon is terror.

M-16 – Standard issue rifle for troops, this rifle is dependable, accurate, effective. If any of you are laughing right now, you obviously know better. However, it is a good rifle to use, and can unload several pounds of lead into an enemy just as well as any other gun.

Over/Under Shotgun – This gun, although not specifically made to kill people, certainly does a good job at it. With an interruptable reloading phase, you can’t be caught unable to shoot back. After one shot, your (and your enemy’s) problems are over.

Wildcat Model 22 – Intended for hunting animals. Large animals. In fact, so large that it turned out to work quite well on humans as well.

Grenade Launcher – Not suprisingly, when a grenade launcher attatchment is fixed on, the M-16 gains a significantly larger amount of appeal.

Barret Model 101 – This is an upgrade from the anti-tank rifle also made by Barret. Now it’s faster. And hurts more.

“Leaded” M-24 – This gun may seem to have a weaker damage, for those who first use it. However, people soon learn that a gun with a clip of seventy-five bullets tends to make up for weaker damage rather quickly.

TREAD Retribution – This is a prototype weapon intended to be mounted on drone planes for strafing runs on the ground. However, due to interesting events, it is now available to the Soldat populace. It shoots fast, has a lot of ammunition, and overall wreaks havoc. Another upside is that it’s heavy enough that you can ditch you Bowflex and just use this as your workout.

RPT “FLY” – The modern supplement for all your missile needs. This rocket launcher is based off of the WWII prototype, but now it works a lot better, meaning that it does more damage.

Download:
http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/113020/ModernCombat-Mod-zip.html

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Re: Modern Combat Mod
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 07:11:42 am »
NO ofense but needs more work

Offline Jayge

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 08:13:49 am »
No offense taken.

What do you think it needs work on? (BTW, the "FLY" Missile is a little wierd right now, I was making one mod before splitting them into two projects, and forgot to change the missile back)

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 08:24:00 am »
lol, the interface weps that for me is the most important, i only dnt like the interface guns needs some shading and textures only that ;D

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 10:03:18 am »
needs more work
you just overdraw some default weapons...

try making weapons from the beginning, make your own style, etc and put allot of efford into it, not just a quick drawing and ready, make it actually look sexy so you can be proud of your work :)

i like the silenced uzi..looks different fro the rest..

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 12:47:19 pm »
Alright, weapons 1, 5, 6, and 8 are obviously just modified defaults, the SOCOM is stolen from Field Marshall's Special Operations Mod and your host is incredibly inappropriate for your file, you could've just used the forum's built-in file uploader.
In a word, no.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Field Marshal

• Soldier
  • Generalfeldmarschall
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 12:56:30 pm »
As stated the socom is mine, take it out

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 01:34:07 pm »
yeah, or hell sue you...orsomething..

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 01:41:45 pm »
only change the socom, and upgrade a litle bit the weps

Offline Slayer DZ

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 01:59:10 pm »
When I looked at the preview for the first time I saw some original soldat weapons colored in gray (stone look) and  the new ones in same style, then more carefully looking I saw that you added some parts at original weapons, recolored them or don't know what, hmmmm, bad. And even more bad cuz you took other's work!
Tipical beginner's first try I would say for this. Make your own stuff, shade them realistic...

Offline tER

• Major
    • My site
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 11:14:26 am »
 Sorry but this mod isn't good shaded and try to make it better with paint shop pro or something. I don't know but the socom look stolen from field marshall. I give this a

Sorry maybe i'm also not that good in shading but try to make it more normal.

I hope you make it better cuz it is a nice idea?  :-)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 12:12:02 pm by tER »

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 09:51:52 am »
"M-16 – Standard issue rifle for troops, this rifle is dependable, accurate, effective."

Are you kidding?  The M16A1 (I don't know about the A2) was often jamming in the middle of a damn firefight in vietnam.
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline Joanna

• Major
    • www.modclan.tk
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 10:35:43 am »
OMG , an other Mod-copy HERO
[knife] [saw] [AUG] [MP5] &lt;--- Like !

Offline R0L4ND

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 12:06:07 pm »
"M-16 – Standard issue rifle for troops, this rifle is dependable, accurate, effective."

Are you kidding?  The M16A1 (I don't know about the A2) was often jamming in the middle of a damn firefight in vietnam.

Dun dun dun. I just have to point one thing out.

The A1 jammed like crazy because the new standard issue ammunition (at the time) which the GI's were given, but wasn't used during the trials, fouled, a lot. The gunpowder mix left residues on the inside of the barrel and cluttered up the internal mechanics, thus jamming it. It was fixed later, however.
That being said, when it comes to reliablility, AK is king. The M16-family has low tolerance for interference, since it's tightly fitted, but the AK has large margins, and can basically survive a nuclear war and still fire.
All across the country shortages of marijuana are now being reported.

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 09:39:21 pm »
Okay I was thinking about d/l ing it and trying it but then I saw the screen shot. Try working on your weapons more than your intro please.

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 09:59:58 pm »
*looks at image*

All I can say is EW.

Your M16 doesn't look a THING like an M16, and if your Deagles are doing to be Dual Soccoms, then at least make them look the same as the one you have for your secondary.

Most of these weapons are just ripped off ideas or w/e and you just sprayed grey dots on them and made them all black-grey.

And by making almost all of your guns dark/black, all the coloured ones look out of place, like the saw, and the barrett.

So yeah, no offense, this is pure crap bud, you need to do some work, like, I dunno, maybe making some original ideas?  Instead of recolouring and renaming.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 08:52:43 am by Brock »
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline Jayge

• Major(1)
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 08:57:02 am »
Sorry for taking so long to reply, I've been away from the internet for some time.

First, at the attacks saying I copied from whatever mod by Field Marshall.

I didn't. See, there's a funny thing. I have an old computer and a newer one. The newer one happens to be a Mac, and that is the one that happens to be connected to the internet. The reason I have never downloaded a mod (though it might be useful, to see what others have done) Is because I don't want to go throught to trouble of downloading the mod onto the  mac, burning a disk, installing it on the old computer, and then playing it.

I never played or touched anyone's mod.

M-16 remarks, read the rest of the description, eh? I've used one, I know it's crap.

Admittedly, as this is my first mod, most of what I did was simply reshading and making small edits to the original guns. The only guns I completely erased and remade were the uzi, G-41, socom, and the Retribution.

Lastly, Brock, the M-16 isn't based on the A1, it's based on the original. And as it might not be as great as others made, it is an accurate representation.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 10:05:33 am »
I'd try to make most of the weaps on my self, editing original stuff is lame.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 05:18:51 pm »
I never played or touched anyone's mod.

Mr. Attached .GIF says otherwise.
Frame 1 is the SOCOM from Field Marshall's Special Operations 2.0 mod. Frame 2 is the SOCOM from your mod. The similarities are striking.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Jayge

• Major(1)
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 06:50:19 am »
It appears that I can say little to change your mind, so I'm not really going to try, eh? If you feel incensed to think me stealing stuff, go ahead.