Author Topic: Auto Regenerative Health  (Read 2000 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
Auto Regenerative Health
« on: March 23, 2007, 09:12:20 pm »
Anyone who has played Little Fighter will know exactly what I'm talking about.  For the rest, here's the deal:
You really have two health bars in one - one's your actual health level, the other is the regenerative health (never less than actual health) which is the amount of actual health you can restore.  Simply put:  if you are shot by, for example, 3 bulltes of the AK, you're health would be, say, 50%, but you can regenerate upto 70%.  It will restore your health slowly, but continuously, automatically.  If you get a health kit you will still get 100% (unless MM changed that).  This is useful against sprayers and random bullets hitting you.  This idea is somewhat similar to Halo's health/shield system but not the same.  For the first 10% of damage you lose, you can always restore them fully.  Once you get below 90%, you will lose regular "actual health", but your regenerative health will go down 50% slower.  Again, once your actual health reaches 0 you die.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
Re: Auto Regenerative Health
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 09:14:50 pm »
Nah i dont like this, soldat is way too fast paced to have regenerative health and if it went slowly you would be dead by the time it got from 50% to 70%
Holy Poop!

Offline Dolfo

• Major
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 11:38:43 pm »
Nah i dont like this, soldat is way too fast paced to have regenerative health and if it went slowly you would be dead by the time it got from 50% to 70%

Agree.

Dolfo*
Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 12:06:14 am »

Agree.

Agree x 2.

Also, you'd turn Soldat into more of a one-hit weapon fest than it already is at times if you were to implement such an idea. The game is too short and fast to have such an option be viable, and you'd only serve to hurt the majority of weapons which take multiple shots to land a kill.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 12:14:07 am »
This is kinda like the Incredible Hulk game. Sometimes, TW and INF games are slower-paced and this can be implemented into these INF/TW maps. You run out of regenerative health, you kill one guy, and it goes up by 1/8 of the regenerative health. At the start of the game, it could be empty, so you'd have to kill guys to get it filled.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 03:24:05 am »
im agree 100 % but can be like halo (but dnt regenareting fast): an shield (that regenerates and the life (dnt regenerates)

Offline Protoman

• Soldier
  • ~whistle~
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 07:22:32 pm »
I think it would be better (and this already exists, but not in enough maps I think) that there is regenerative space on Team maps. This is where youre in a certain area where your health regenerates slowly.

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 07:24:10 pm »
I think it would be better (and this already exists, but not in enough maps I think) that there is regenerative space on Team maps. This is where youre in a certain area where your health regenerates slowly.

Hmm... Sounds like something we already have. Try playing Kampf, and the base has a healing spot on the ledge.

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 10:53:57 pm »

Hmm... Sounds like something we already have. Try playing Kampf, and the base has a healing spot on the ledge.

Isn't that Voland?

No thanks, I think this would ruin the pace.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 11:27:39 pm »
It would make a good server-side option for some of those pseudo-gamemodes that are being created once in a while, but I doubt that there will ever be enough demand that we see it added.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 02:11:14 am »
I did play LF2 very often some years ago. And the "auto-healing" is away far from Soldat. Disagree...

Offline Magic Odd Effect

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 01:54:11 am »
Naw. Regenerative polys are enough, along with my plans for making medikits.

Plus, that's what the Rambo Bow is for!
Don't say that you're Magic. Because you aren't, and I am.
All-around good with weapons that aren't long range, except in TW.
Now be careful out there, soldier.
Best Newbie in the May 2007 Soldatforums Member Awards!

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 04:16:54 am »
Naw. Regenerative polys are enough, along with my plans for making medikits.

Plus, that's what the Rambo Bow is for!

Agree. Just play some rambo.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Requiem-

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 06:14:14 am »
This could be interesting, but then only for bigger maps imo. On small(er) maps, gameplay is very fast-paced, so a slight regeneration of your health would be pretty useless I think.
Could be cool for R/S though.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 03:21:29 pm »
what about R/S (realistic survival) which is not as fast paced..

FOR idea

Offline As Always

• Soldier
  • ZAKK WYLDE WOOOO
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 12:36:45 pm »
I'd still have to disagree with the idea. If you get hit by a random sprayer, or one of your teammates shoots you in the back, stiff ****, get used to it, this is Soldat.