Author Topic: R by Mika R.  (Read 12710 times)

Offline Mikeman

• Soldier
    • Nuke Corruption
R by Mika R.
« on: March 16, 2007, 01:51:29 am »
Hello! It's time to introduce myself a little. I live in Finland and I'm 18 years old, I'm in a school studing about computers and coding. My real name is Mika Rautiainen and my interests are Soldat (ofcourse), coding games, finding bugs from games  :D and some other stuff like girls and so on..

I'm going to continue Michal Marcinkowski's little game 'R', by coding it more and by adding new graphics, sounds, music, etc. I will code it for Windows-platforms and not for Linux or any other OS!

---------------

R

Author: Michal Marcinkowski (version 0.9)
Continuing Developer: Mika Rautiainen (version +0.9)

Version: 0.9
- First public release by MM (?)

Version: 0.9.3
- Fixed some minor bugs, like pressing F9 (edit mode) during cutscene crashed the game.

---------------

Any ideas, suggestions and help are welcome!  :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 05:04:09 am by Mikeman »

Offline Michal Marcinkowski

• Creator of Soldat
  • Flagrunner
  • I ain't got time to bleed.
    • Soldat home page
Re: R by Mika R.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 04:44:22 am »
If you need any help just ask. Here you can find some unused gfx: http://www.crimsonengine.com/R/rgfx.zip

Offline Rook_PL

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 05:20:27 am »
Maybe "continuing developer"?
I'm glad that someone will finish this.
"Good luck. You'll gonna need it"

Offline Mikeman

• Soldier
    • Nuke Corruption
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 05:35:19 am »
Ok that's good Rook_PL ty  ;)

Yeah thanks MM for the files  :)

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 05:44:53 am »
Good luck to ya :)

I just hope you keep the originality and randomness intact. Like for eg. never knowing what the next lvl holds (Skating,  Trampoline Jumping ...)

And maybe look into fixing this bug, where if the guy is holding on to a wall on his left, you can keep < (left arrow key) pressed and tap > to make him climb the wall. But if he's holding on the right gotta press > and let go of it before you press <
Hope that made sense ;D
Soldat Lobby Avec Players -New Release! - Updated AGAIN!

Offline Mikeman

• Soldier
    • Nuke Corruption
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 05:53:12 am »
Hmm ok, I'll take a look in to that Frenchie. Haven't noticed it by myself ingame..  :P

Offline rfreak

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 07:10:16 am »
I'm interested to help you I already tell that. I will maybe give you some code and ideas etc. but before I will try to compile it with the site you gived me for SDL (jroy007@gmail) if you can help with my coding problem it would be appreciated

good luck!!
R the coolest game ever

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 06:01:19 pm »
Is anyone interested in working with him to make it work on Linux?  Linux could really use some third party games, and I know that I'd play it if someone worked on finishing it for Linux

Offline rfreak

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 06:41:21 pm »
I know someone that haves Linux on his computer and he can past me the disk so that I can put it on my computer (with virtual computer) that way I have windows and Linux on the same computer :) but I don't think that I would be able to compile it for Linux because I can't even compile it for Windows :( so if someone can help me to compile it for windows after I could concentrate on Linux
R the coolest game ever

Offline Mikeman

• Soldier
    • Nuke Corruption
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 04:59:29 am »
You can download Linux for free from internet.

Offline rfreak

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 10:13:17 am »
Yes you can and that's why I can do the compilation for Linux but before I need help to compile it for windows
R the coolest game ever

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 01:26:03 pm »
Mike :).
As a former clan member,And you're forever Soldat buddy i must say I'm proud of you.
Good luck to you

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 03:46:36 pm »
well, what can i say, have fun making it and good luck!

Offline rfreak

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 04:17:55 pm »
Did you advance in coding it?

R the coolest game ever

Offline Mikeman

• Soldier
    • Nuke Corruption
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 02:18:00 am »
I'm in school and I don't have so much time. I have made some changes but I'll do more before I release next version.. I'm planning to make main menu after the intro is played, where you can choose the story you want to play. MM's episodes would be the first story and I would make my own story as second. Story means just the episodes and their maps.
If someone has ideas what I should put in the menu, please suggest and I'll see if I'm able to code it. (if I have skills enough to make it)

Btw Michal, am I allowed to put a download link to new versions of R here?

EDIT: I'm having a serious problem with SDL, when I compile it, windows gives me a small window telling me something like this (it is in finland on my screen but i try to turn it to english): "SDL_LoadObject couldn't be found from dynamically linked file SDL.dll" <--(or that was SDL.lib or .h i dont remember, im in school now) it went something like that... maybe I should re-install SDL or something, not even my own made SDL codes can't be compiled.. they worked before..  :-\
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 02:24:17 am by Mikeman »

Offline rfreak

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 03:35:59 pm »
Ya me to I have a lot of problem with SDL  I think I found a good way for me to download the library :)  But wen I will be able to compile it you will have help for sure to finish R
R the coolest game ever

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 03:43:03 pm »
Mikeman, I doubt MM will have any problem with you posting the new versions, but when you do post them please include the new source code along with the compiled binary(ies)

Offline Michal Marcinkowski

• Creator of Soldat
  • Flagrunner
  • I ain't got time to bleed.
    • Soldat home page
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 04:27:09 am »
I suggest you first make a basic project using SDL, to get a feel how it works, then move on to R.

Offline rfreak

• Soldier
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 07:13:11 am »
Or download the car gme in the lounge its call enjoy (IT works with SDL) download the source the game is realy simple
R the coolest game ever

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 08:53:31 am »
Hello! It's time to introduce myself a little. I live in Finland and I'm 18 years old, I'm in a school studing about computers and coding.

Yo wait, what school is that? Since im interested in these things too but I dont know where exactly can I find such a school. And im finnish too btw. Where is this mysterious place of knowledge and what does it require?