Author Topic: 3rd class "helpers"(look before deeming "extra weapons")  (Read 2827 times)

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
3rd class "helpers"(look before deeming "extra weapons")
« on: March 16, 2007, 03:09:10 pm »
first i would like to say, I'm not new to the forums, only new to posting, nothing to be said, so i held my breath. semi-new to soldat, been playing since November. that's all for that, on to the suggestion.

the 3rd class "helpers" as i call them, would be a 3rd selection much as there are first class and secondary weapons. the 3rd class "helpers" would not be for attacking as much as defending and, well "helping". the 3 i items i have proposed are the shield (taken from someone Else's idea, link is at bottom of post), first-aid kit, and a binoculars.

much as the other 2 category's of weapons, you can only choose 1. i Will now explain them.

the shield, as talla caps said,
would be like a shield that can be destroyed after some hits or points of damage.
Obviously You must face the soldier that is trying to kill you.
no more on that, unless someone wants/submits more ideas.

The first aid kit would be a medikit, but portable. it would have something like start up time, so as you couldn't be running around and heal. it could be also used to heal others. the amount it heals, how many uses (ammo?) and start up time would obviously be in the weapon mod, but for standard it would be heals full health and takes 2-3 seconds to use. in r/s servers, this would be extremely beneficial for team-play when its 2vs2, you could heal a "comrad" and/or yourself so you can both rush in and fight. and when your caught in 1 vs 1, you could find a nice sniper spot (like bushes or other top-scenery.) and heal before confronting your enemy.

the binoculars would be sort-of like the Barret, except you wouldn't have the ability to shoot. though this option may not be of perfect use for barreters, you could use it with other weapons just so you would have an idea of where the targets are. (almost like radar). this again would be very useful in r/s where full-auto weapons are sometimes favored for the long range spray, but when you come off a poly full auto vs 1 shots (Barret, ruger) is almost suicide.

i think these "helpers would be activated with either the click wheel (middle mouse button) or z, and maybe to heal someone else it would be c.

well, that all i have. I'm open for suggestions too.

as i promised here is the link to the shield topic.http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=766.0

happy shooting!
~Iron Man
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 03:17:35 pm by Iron Man »

Offline Scorpian

• Camper
  • Republican
Re: 3rd class "helpers"
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 03:15:42 pm »
The Don't-Suggest List
NEW WEAPONS (would invite even more weapon-balance issues, disrupt Soldat's file layout, mess up functionality of old mods, etc.)

Stickies. Read them.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
Re: 3rd class "helpers"
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 03:17:01 pm »
while it prollabee wont be implemented I like it.
medkit should heal only like, 1/2 of your health.
The Don't-Suggest List
NEW WEAPONS (would invite even more weapon-balance issues, disrupt Soldat's file layout, mess up functionality of old mods, etc.)

Stickies. Read them.

true...

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
Re: 3rd class "helpers"(look before deeming "extra weapons")
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 03:17:58 pm »
did you even read the topic though...

Offline Scorpian

• Camper
  • Republican
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 03:19:15 pm »
did you even read the topic though...

It's about a 3rd class of weapons. No new weapons.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 04:22:52 pm »
This isn't a bad idea.
It wouldn't be so bad that it would ruin the balance, but it would add some flavour to the game.

The shield: could prevent spray more by having one-shots penetrate, but not autos/normal semis.
First-aid kit: would only regenerate about a tenth of the bar per use, so it would take a while to fully heal, but you can stay alive longer.
Binocs: Would go 2.5x, so it has more distance, but it can't be used at the same time as a weapon.

These are suggestion on top of this.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 04:42:16 pm »
thanks for actuall supporting mxyzptlk, atleast you support :)

hes right though, it adds flavour and fun, and only slightly changes skill/fun.

Offline KingOfPing

• Major
  • You have huge mental retardation!
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 06:00:55 pm »
These are all dumb ideas *except* the sheild idea.
I AM cool stop making fun of me!!

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 09:24:51 pm »
lol, the one you like is the one i barrowed. thanks. lol  [retard]

everyone atleast PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY/WHYNOT you support or even like.

Offline Emperor

• Major(1)
  • Current soldat nick: Cadaver
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 02:50:01 am »
This would cause far too much balance issues.

And no offence but this seems pretty much like another attempt to steal one of the things that makes Soldat so popular, old-school simplicity.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 02:51:44 am by Emperor »
"Than" and "Then". See the difference?
"Noone" is NOT a word.

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 08:00:47 am »
I don't think it would mess the balance. Those are no weapons so I think that wouldn't mix the others up, it would just be an addition. I like the ideas. You got my support.

Offline R0L4ND

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 09:17:26 am »
I don't really condone the shield, but the medikit and the binoculars are both brilliant ideas as I see it.
All across the country shortages of marijuana are now being reported.

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 11:15:32 am »
yay, more support.
lol i thought of this in the middle of science class ftw..
any other ideas?

Offline Riax

• Major(1)
  • :M: Turbo Team!
    • Simplexity Network
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 12:07:37 pm »
There could possibly be an option in soldat.ini to disable the "item" weapon class (I use the word "weapon" here loosely) or possibly an option for each item; for example, I would probably disable the shield on any server I run. (This comes from back in the day when I played Counter-Strike 1.6; I. HATE. SHIELDS.)

Oh, I just thought of something different. Myabe the option to enable/disable each item could be in the weapons file. That way, different weapon mods could have their own settings for these.

Also, as you probably guessed, I support this idea. :)

P.S.
Quote from: KingOfPing
These are all dumb ideas *except* the sheild idea.
Quote from: KingOfPing in suggestion topic "Adjustable Gravity."
I cant belive i think this idea is freakin retarted No support
Are you trying to make yourself look like an asshole?
Maybe it's just me...
Server Admin, MegaMod CTF

Founder, Simplexity Network // Fan, Machine Supremacy

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 10:07:26 am »
thanks riax,
i think that these would be able to be turned off much as all other weapons are, so that you wouldnt have shield noobs running around in any of leo's servers or any other servers for that matter. and mm would allow for moddability, since he thinks free gaming rocks. (hence the help with N, where you can make your own levels and such)

Offline katheb

• Major(1)
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 10:29:00 pm »
Shield :

reduces 90% of spray fire

reduces 85% of Rifle Fire

reduces 20% of explosion fire [with the ability to reflect or refract nades and Law missiles if the angle is right]

cannot be used while shooting

------------------

Med Kit :

can only be activated while Crouching .

1 second startup time

heals 10% of maximum health every second .

if you acquired a health kit while at full health your next First aid kit will heal you for 20% per second .

---------------
Binoculars:

when in use you can pan 2.5 screens ahead .

cannot shoot while using them.

in realistic matches the enemies that you see are shown to your team mates .

------------------------
Tracker:

Shoots a tracking device that activates when hitting an enemy player [useful for targeting the flag carrier or a camper ] target is shown at all times [even in realistic] and on the mini map
--------------------
camouflage: when standing still your name cannot be seen to other players [similar to crouching and crawling] and you become 50% visible.
--------------------
Proximity mine: you can place a Mine that explodes when an enemy unit walks over it . takes 2 seconds to set up and is 50% visible.
--------------------
Flash grenade : when hit in front of a target the vision and hearing is impaired for 5 seconds [white screen whistling sound]
--------------------
caltrops : Dropped on the ground behind you . any enemy that sets fot on them is slowed down by 75% for 5 seconds
--------------------
basic armor: the player recieves 20% les damage but also moves at 10% less speed and jet packs run out 10% faster
-------------------
Silencer: your shots make no sound and have no muzzle flash . they also deal 10% less damage
------------------
Tripod : your weapons have 50% less bink when firing in prone position , and your M79 becomes a stationary mortar when crouched  . [no effect for deagles]
------------------
Air filters: your jetpack recharges 10% faster
-----------------
enhanced soul Grip shoes :you run 10% faster and slide less on ice
-----------------
laser Sight: your weapons have a laser sight . [others can see it too and you are always visible even in while prone in Realistic ]
-----------------
Climbing gear : when on a slanted surface your chance to slip and fall are much less
-----------------
thermal goggles: you can "see" though walls in realistic cannot be used while shooting . if an explosion happens on screen while they are equipped you are stunned [similar to flash bomb]
------------------
extended clips : your clips hold 20% more ammo 20% longer loading time.
------------------
quick loader clips : you reload 20% faster your clips hole 20% less ammo

-----------------
nade pouch : you can hold 2 more nades than usual 
-----------------

---------------------------------Note: you can only equip 1 helper at a time .

--------------------------------- ammo type.

balistic
normal: nothing new here.

Blunt : Do less damage But Push back the target Much more.  low chance to stun target for 1 second

piercing : does more damage . but doesn't push back target  can hit 2 targets or more easily

explosive

normal: flight is not effected modified nades and missiles are heavier and have shorter range

Shrapnel : throws shrapnel to deal more damage [devastating in close range]

Napalm: explosions burn [like the flamer]
==========Note you can use only 1 ammo mod.

Hope you like some of the ideas

PS: ad your own.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 10:46:20 pm »
These new suggestions aren't bad for helpers.

The ammo and weapon mods, too.
The tripod, laser sight, thermal goggles,air filters and most of the others are great, in my opinion.

However, do to strict suggestion policy, probably none of these will happen.

But we can hope.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline katheb

• Major(1)
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 06:25:02 pm »
yeah theyre easy to think about but hard to program [i would assume =]

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Lifeā„¢
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 09:14:57 pm »
That's actualy a fair idea ;) Although I have no idea where the Soldaten could put these things, seeing as one can carry a minigun, rocket launcher and unlimited ammo on their person; the inventory seems pretty packed already.

One little suggestion I had : have a 'gun' that allows you to literaly dodge bullets and allow them to go whizzing past without spilling a drop of blood. It wouldn't temporarily make people invulnurable, rather it would decrease the hit-detection box around the person so that there's a lower chance of 'em getting hit. Of course the easier way to do this, which is (almost) feasible now is with a nifty little weapons.ini hack ;). Basicaly, you set the chainsaw to a very high speed backwards, and with Spas bullets at no damage. This (if set to a sufficiently high ammo and firing interval) will allow one to teleport, similar to speed hackers. Here's the bullet dodging part : if, when using this 'hack', you aim at yourself and fire, for some odd reason the hit detection system goes off almost entirely. Just to test it out, I asked a couple friends to chaingun blanket my position. First thing they noted : even though on my screen I appeared before them, to theirs it appeared as though I was quickly bouncing from side-to-side of the map.

But even better : not one bullet hit. So if there's some way to tone this down a tad, it'd be perfect :)

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2007, 07:36:04 pm »
wow.. i gotta try that. katheb, i think some of those would work, and some would be better as bonuses.

all for now, lost computer for getting a C and im not allowed on =/ i get it back tommarow, so ill post more then. and finally someone whose been here for longer, and i see post in "good" topic likes. :)

Offline nEsCafE_dUdE

• Major(1)
  • Gunner
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2007, 03:24:20 am »
This idea is great.....

Soldat would be fun with 3rd class "helpers" :)... I mean, like the shield, medkit and binoculars w0w!!

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 03:30:52 am »
I still like the idea and I would love to see it in the game. Especially the shield would be a very nice addition.

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2007, 03:48:46 pm »
be sure to post shield stuff in the shield forum, since its not my idea =/