Author Topic: INFish_Convallis (a different way to infiltrate)  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
INFish_Convallis (a different way to infiltrate)
« on: March 18, 2007, 11:39:56 pm »

(Download at bottom)

I'm not sure if this has ever been done before, but basically, what this is is the Alpha (red) team starts in the makeshift building there at the top with the blue flag. The "mission" is to take that flag all the way down to the blue flag without dying. Meanshile, the Bravo (blue) team has spawns all the way that are defending the path to the flag (sorta like infiltration).

If you want to think of it this way; Alpha squad has stolen secret information from Bravo team and are hidden out in the jungle in this old building. Alpha squad recieves word that there is an extraction point underground but Bravo intercepts this information and sets up posts gaurding the path. You have to blast your way through all of Bravo team and make your way down to the underground point.

"Stuffs"

-This could potentially be played online or offline (this has a bit of waypointing but once you have the flag, red allies will follow you anywhere)

-Also if played singleplayer, be on Alpha team

-There is no jet

-Watch out for the lava underground

-Interesting way to play is to make it survival mode (don't do realistic, big falls)

This map isn't fully complete but you can judge what needs changing and adding.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 07:53:09 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline iDante

• Veteran
Re: INFish_Jungle Infiltrate (a new way to infiltrate)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 12:44:23 am »
I once played a map like this, lotsa fun, it was on leos inf. not exactly but it was good map.

++ for the good idea, but i think i will find it hard for alpha.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 02:35:15 pm »
Reverse infiltration has been done before, a long time ago, in a once-default WWII-style map called "inf_Invasion." It's a pretty cool concept if executed properly, but waypoints are effectively useless on any reverse-style gamemodes :P

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Lifeā„¢
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 02:58:31 pm »
Bah, not like anyone actualy cares about waypoints right ? It's just silly people who don't map that are ever too hung up about 'em ... no offense intended.

But yes, reverse infiltration has been done for quite a long time. It's a bit of fun, but it starts to get a little more tedious when blue decides to go for campathons. Then things get a little rude to the eyes.

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 05:55:30 pm »
Bah, not like anyone actualy cares about waypoints right ? It's just silly people who don't map that are ever too hung up about 'em ... no offense intended.
Actually, hardly any of the maps released here ever become very popular, and not many have quick-access buddies to playtest online

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Re: INFish_Convallis (a different way to infiltrate)
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 08:07:48 pm »
Actually, hardly any of the maps released here ever become very popular, and not many have quick-access buddies to playtest online

Too true.

Reverse infiltration has been done before, a long time ago, in a once-default WWII-style map called "inf_Invasion." It's a pretty cool concept if executed properly, but waypoints are effectively useless on any reverse-style gamemodes :P

Yeah, I agree. I attempted to add some waypoints here and there, but there wasn't much point. The only thing it did was help the alpha bots get off the "upper story" of the ancient building.

Is it possible to make a map where you can sneak behind patrolling bots to jump up into ceiling shafts or something? Basically, try to get to a point without being detected sort of thing, sorta like a Splintercell concept.

Date Posted: March 19, 2007, 07:46:11 PM
Update: Changed name to ctf_convallis (real file name), and added a bit more backround in the underground areas. I believe convallis means grow strong or something like that but I'm not sure, just thought it sounded better that Jungle Infiltration ;).

« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 01:54:56 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 08:14:17 pm »
Is it possible to make a map where you can sneak behind patrolling bots to jump up into ceiling shafts or something? Basically, try to get to a point without being detected sort of thing, sorta like a Splintercell concept.
Well, I guess, but you would need polygons to be blocking their vision since they can see backwards, even in Realistic... sheesh ::)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 01:49:07 am »
They can see backwards in realistic :-? Ah, well I suppose the bots could be put to have really bad seeing vision and be put to poor settings. That might make it somewhat possible.

Date Posted: March 19, 2007, 09:30:23 PM
2nd Update: I have realized that this way of playing is rather somewhat lousy and after a lot of testing, playing singleplayer like this was rather boring. If at all possible, would anyone like to host this online and help me test this sometime? I have a new update to upload and I still need to change a lot of things. This would probably just make a better capture the flag map with jets and such. What do you guys think?

I probably will just switch this over to good ol' capture the flag and add a few passages between the underground and "overworld" ;). Just say what yah think, because I'm not too sure what to do. Online testing would be great anyways...