Author Topic: King of the hill / Capture the Base  (Read 6083 times)

Offline -{Phoenix}-

• Major
  • /<**
King of the hill / Capture the Base
« on: June 26, 2006, 02:24:15 pm »
Well i thought of a gamemode, again, that will be really good. I got the idea off the game Soldier of Fortune. Its called "Capture the Base" (AKA. King of the Hill)

the objective of this is to stay in one place, camping with your team whilst earning points for it. both teams will fight to stay on this base. whichever team has the most points at the end, wins!

trust me this is really fun. I've seen it on a few games before.

?what do you all think?
FEAR - fear is not to be feared - fear is edge - fear keeps you on your toes - fear keeps one eye open when you sleep - fear adds caution to courage - conquer fear and fear is not your foe, its your friend.

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
Re: King of the hill / Capture the Base
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 02:56:43 pm »
Hmmm. We need more game-modes i like the idea

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 03:14:22 pm »
go play battlefield
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 03:43:39 pm »
?what do you all think?

I think it sounds like Infiltration pretty much.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 04:49:04 pm »
I like this. But what if there are people from both teams on the base?

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 05:03:56 pm »
maybe you have to clear the base of one team before the other team gets points. that sounds the most appropriate. You could have 2 modes... one where you constantly get points for holding the base... and another where you have to hold the base for, say, 10 seconds, to score a point for your team, then everyone respawn.

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 07:07:59 pm »
this is EXACTLY what hold the flag is. just have your team build up around you, and protect the area you are in. its not new. sounds new, but with 17 seconds of thought about it, ITS NOT. good try tho.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 07:33:21 pm »
17 seconds of thought? did you count how long you thought about it? lol. actually it's quite different from hold the flag. the base wouldn't be one point on the map, it would be an actual building or something... if both teams had players in the building, nobody would be scoring. Similar, maybe, but certainly not the same. Besides... who plays hold the flag anyway? :>

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 08:07:50 pm »
so who would play King of the hill lol... also i didnt count, approximation. lol. and on hold the flag, there IS no base. you get the flag and you can camp in any building or just keep roaming around, just dont die with the flag. In some essence, its an "in-motion" King of the Hill.

Offline Fraggy

• Soldier
  • Mecha 0_o
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 06:17:03 am »
king of the hill wont work in this game,
seem the most of fighting is done in air!-

Offline -{Phoenix}-

• Major
  • /<**
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 12:14:44 pm »
well really it isnt like hold the flag exactly. with capture the base you have to stay in one place to get the points. with hold the flag you move around killing people to get extra points.

so who would play King of the hill lol... also i didnt count, approximation. lol. and on hold the flag, there IS no base. you get the flag and you can camp in any building or just keep roaming around, just dont die with the flag. In some essence, its an "in-motion" King of the Hill.
you have the wrong idea, for detial explanation search "Soldier of Fortune - CTB" in on google. It isnt a flag you hold, you cant move the base, it stays in one place, forget about flags. I will post the idea in detail sometime tomorrow :)   

thx for all replies so far
FEAR - fear is not to be feared - fear is edge - fear keeps you on your toes - fear keeps one eye open when you sleep - fear adds caution to courage - conquer fear and fear is not your foe, its your friend.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 12:47:02 pm »
maybe you misread the quote Phoenix... he knows what the idea is. he only mentioned flags concerning HTF.. not KOTH.

Offline d3LliRvM Kordia

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 04:19:40 pm »
Well,you know it would be like in WarRock.You wait some time next to the flag to capture it.

Offline Aztecdragon

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 01:37:47 am »
?what do you all think?

I think it sounds like Infiltration pretty much.

But infiltrations fun. ;)

Offline -{Phoenix}-

• Major
  • /<**
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 12:19:31 pm »
Ok, this is off the website of Soldier of Fortune website, where I origionally got the idea. Hope it helps a little bit to understand.

Conquer The Bunker - Conquer the Bunker is a "king of the hill" style game that can be played in teams or as a free-for-all deathmatch extravaganza. In Conquer the Bunker, there is one scoring zone on the map that gives you points for as long as you stay in the scoring zone. The scoring zone is marked with a special "Soldier of Fortune" texture for easy recognition.
Copyright: The Soldier of Fortune FAQ is © 1999-2004 Soldier-of-Fortune.com.

Well anyway let me explain bit more. This base which gives you points is in the ground, cannot be moved. Both teams have to get there and camp, assaulting and defending to stay on it, as they get points for it. You get 2 points for every 5 seconds or so while staying on the base. The points from which you get from the base are added to the total team score. Anyone who is on the base (even both teams) will get points for it. If you kill a member of the opposite team you will get a point added to your score (obviously) but not the total team score, only from the base points will be added to this.

It is kind of like all the games mixed in one. teammatch, inf, htf.

trust me this game does work, one of my favorites on soldier of fortune, and im sure it will work on this.

Offline Naliz

• Soldier
    • R/S Community
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 12:22:13 pm »
King of the kill, sounds good =). i play it at james bond game at game cube ^^

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 02:17:54 pm »
this is EXACTLY what hold the flag is. just have your team build up around you, and protect the area you are in....
The thing is, KotH is different and new. It's actually HTF's fault; its maps are styled terribly for the game mode.

I like the idea of KotH. @Fraggy: that's the challenge (staying on the marked polygon and trying not to fly about) ;)

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 04:22:42 pm »
hum... i think it's a bit unnescessary to have a game mode like this... seems like you could do this just by getting friends together on opposing teams, point to one spot as 'base' and timing each other as a spectator...
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 02:53:25 am »
i suggested this idea in a different thread, though i doubt i thought of it first....so naturally i agree with you
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Kinky noob

• Camper
  • This is shugo he likes to eat his fingers!
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2006, 02:36:16 pm »
What if the base moves like u get 60 seconds and then poof off u go to next base it be a whole new set of maps lol i would try this for sure LMAO.