Poll

What do you think about girls playing Soldat?

Shouldnt be allowed!!
14 (13.6%)
Dont mind them.
63 (61.2%)
They pown me! Runaway!
26 (25.2%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Author Topic: Is it true guys?  (Read 13700 times)

Offline Princess M

• Major(1)
Is it true guys?
« on: March 19, 2007, 09:46:40 pm »
I'm a female player and guys often say I shouldnt be playing ''guy games''
Is that what you really think or is it the fact that ''anything boys can do, girls can do better''?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:48:19 pm by Princess M »
Bring it

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
Re: Is it true guys?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 09:53:36 pm »
Despite the flow of idiots like Blue-ninja here most of the people on this forum are welcoming to the female portion of soldat.  Anyway most the the anti-girl people are just little teeny trolls looking for some way to fill theirs otherwise meaningless lives. Pay then no mind and have fun playing soldat. Also... find more passworded servers, thats the real way to play.
@ii

Offline Princess M

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 09:56:56 pm »
Thanks^ I sometimes feel left out when playing. I wish more girls would play Soldat, but I doubt it since most girls wouldnt like all the gore.
Bring it

Offline Lunerfox

• Major
  • Lol in the Box.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 10:10:06 pm »
It's not really so much the gore as it's just not appealing. Playing Soldat on the internet is like a girl venturing into the guy's locker room wearing a bikini.....except theres guns inside the bikini and stuff o.O
-[ILOA]-
---
Project Survival: An independent game development project.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=23390.0

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 10:12:39 pm »
Like most girls, you will probably end up getting scared away by creatures like MilkmanDan. Don't tell people you're a girl or use a chick name in Soldat and you wont get bothered.

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 10:16:56 pm »
Like most girls, you will probably end up getting scared away by creatures like MilkmanDan. Don't tell people you're a girl or use a chick name in Soldat and you wont get bothered.
Milky has left, I've taken him and converted him to World of Warcraft.

Also, girl players are fine, no reason they shouldn't be playing.  Welcome to the community.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline sakae

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 01:59:28 am »
yare yare -.-. t that was almost like a personal attack agaisnt Blue-ninja.

anyway princess M you will probobly welcomed warmly in most servers (except R/S clan ppl who think the yare best and donest allowed now playes kinda) and if you are new try to play all the modes. since R is dieing we need new players.

Milky has left, I've taken him and converted him to World of Warcraft.

Also, girl players are fine, no reason they shouldn't be playing.  Welcome to the community.

:O I have been trying to get addicted to WoW in 30 days now :O I really cant get addicted to it...

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 04:40:59 am »
I have never met a girl while playing soldat, none that i know of anyway.... :-\

I remember playing Worms Armageddon against my siser tho, she kicked my scrawny ass back to the stoneage!!  :-X

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 04:59:54 am »
Most girls I know who play, or have played Soldat, have actually been good. So, yes. Keep on playing. :P
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 05:57:21 am »
Most girls I know who play, or have played Soldat, have actually been good. So, yes. Keep on playing. :P

Yeh, same here...

A girl player once suggested that they're should be a tag for girl players... although people may abuse this, it could be a good idea.. just to show the girl players in soldat. ;D
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 06:41:22 am »
I don't mind at all.

Offline Princess M

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 09:52:27 am »
I would change my name but I'm proud to be a girl. I don't wanna lie anyway. Also, I won't be intimidated out of Soldat any time soon.
Bring it

Offline GunPowder

• Major
  • That's all folks.
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 10:16:06 am »
It's quite normal for girls to play soldat or any other game, the sole purpose of gaming is to have fun, you can do that whether you're a guy or a girl.

Offline waynechriss

• Major
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 12:48:39 pm »
I don't see the problem. I think girls who play video games are just like anyone else. So it's good to see you playing Princess.

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 01:38:08 pm »
I think girls don't play any videogames as much as guys cause they are not appealing to them. When I actually think about this many girls don't even like computers except having a blog or a myspace page. Anyway I don't see the reason why a girl shouldn't play Soldat.

PS I think pervs like Milkman Dan (me also :P ) aren't nearly as repulsive as those idiots that can't speak proper english( or atleast write it). Some people are trying and thats okay with me, but others that just go on everyone's nerves...  oh well this is too long of a message to be a PS [retard]

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 01:41:31 pm »
Post Scriptum, you iliterate f00 [retard]

We should have more down smilies...

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 02:58:19 pm »
I think girls don't play any videogames as much as guys cause they are not appealing to them. When I actually think about this many girls don't even like computers except having a blog or a myspace page. Anyway I don't see the reason why a girl shouldn't play Soldat.

PS I think pervs like Milkman Dan (me also :P ) aren't nearly as repulsive as those idiots that can't speak proper english( or atleast write it). Some people are trying and thats okay with me, but others that just go on everyone's nerves...  oh well this is too long of a message to be a PS [retard]
Depends on the game. I used to play Ultima Online and that game is crawling with females. What I think is the deal... men are just more competitive and more interested in violence. Most of the pervs around are again just bored kids trying to fill their life with something... internet trolling is just easy to do instead of finding a worthwhile hobby.
@ii

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 03:01:48 pm »
I've met several girls while playing Soldat, including those in clans. Usually the way I found out they're girls is by them or someone else telling me, the only other way is if you explicitly make it known you are a girl in your nickname.
I honestly don't care what's a "guy game" and what's a "girl game", if it's fun and/or badass, I'm playing it.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Not Not Muldritch

• Major
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 03:26:25 pm »
If I find you, I'll troll the hell out of you and tell everyone you're actually a man until one of us is votekicked. Don't take it personally, though; it's just one of my usual routines.

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • &quot;forum's-rebellious-cool-guy&quot;
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 03:35:00 pm »
there are no girls on the internet.