Author Topic: SOCOM  (Read 7931 times)

Offline General Meevious

• Major
Re: SOCOM
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 03:52:54 am »
it's easy to hit with the socom, excruciator.. have you used any of the other weapons?

anyway, I've been playing around with bots, testing stuff, and i realized that the socom actually kills slightly faster than the eagles. ???

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2007, 01:33:23 pm »
it all depends on the user. To me, it's a pretty hard weapon. and I think a lot of people feels the same way
its a lot easier to make 2 hits than 6, and its much easier to use a gun that fires a straight shot than the one that makes a curve
Always remember the succubus...

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2007, 01:59:20 pm »
I think that it's good as it is. In real Socom is usually used as primary weapon (with LAM module) because of it's power (.45 ACP) and size (2.29 kg, loaded, with suppressor and LAM/421 mm with suppressor). With silencer and LAM module (laser light visible only in NV) is's perfect weapon for stealth killing.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 02:27:30 pm »
This is regarding the realistic ussocom

well in my opinion the ussocom is a bit too powerfull, I want it a little nerfed but only slightly since the other secondaries are 1 hit kill.

what ussocom is made for is to finish people off or to spray an area to cause bink to possible snipers.

so a little less dmg would be great. as it is now ussocom is better than many primary weapons (this is only in close combat scenes) since it is almost recoil less.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 02:32:04 pm by -Major- »

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2007, 02:48:37 am »
only slightly since the other secondaries are 1 hit kill.
no they aren't. saw is rapid fire. also,  LAW has major registering problems (as well as a killer reload) and you have to collect your knife, which won't instant kill unless it's thrown hard from close up, or it's thrown from a long way above.

its a lot easier to make 2 hits than 6, and its much easier to use a gun that fires a straight shot than the one that makes a curve
I'd argue against both of those points. arcs aren't hard to calculate and they add the ability to take people behind cover, and six shots in rapid succession are much better for killing low health enemies or enemies with binc affected weapons, also there's a greater chance of hitting the more shots you can fire in any period of time.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 03:42:58 am »
only slightly since the other secondaries are 1 hit kill.
no they aren't. saw is rapid fire. also,  LAW has major registering problems (as well as a killer reload) and you have to collect your knife, which won't instant kill unless it's thrown hard from close up, or it's thrown from a long way above.

if you read some of this topics content you will find that we are talking about the realistic ussocom and therefor the realistic weapons. knife can just be taped to instantly kill your opponent.

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007, 09:21:23 am »
fair enough, but it's easier to lose. :P

Socom is overpowered in normal and realistic modes and does not take six hits to kill in realistic, as excruciator suggested.

Offline #38

• Soldier
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007, 05:55:18 pm »

Socom is overpowered in normal and realistic modes and does not take six hits to kill in realistic, as excruciator suggested.

untill people start to get massacred by socom on servers....i'd say it's not overpowered.

just because you died twice from a socom doesn't mean it's overpowered i hope. :)
Real Men Drill Deep

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2007, 03:18:28 am »
... I well your reasoning is utterly flawed. It is overpowered, the fact that people aren't using it as a primary, because of the m79, spaz, ruger and steyr is irrelevant. It's a secondary weapon and unlike every other secondary, it is better than some primaries.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2007, 06:30:30 am »

untill people start to get massacred by socom on servers....i'd say it's not overpowered.

just because you died twice from a socom doesn't mean it's overpowered i hope. :)

#38, just a few days ago 80% of all kills in the kill log was by ussocom. it is a bit overpowered but the damage should just be lowered slightly.

also I sometimes uses it as primary since it is really powerful in close combat vs autos.

Offline #38

• Soldier
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2007, 03:35:39 pm »
how is it better than primary? dont talk to me like ive never used socom. its arc with the small clip way overweigh the somewat superior damage which mightve looked good on paper. as ive said, its not overpowered just because you lack the skill to beat a socom with a primary.

if it truly was overpowered, don't you think other people would have noticed it's supremacy over other guns as of now? so far only you two whiners are complaining probably just because you lack the skill.

if a weapon is overpowered, you wouldn't need to set out a journey to convince the majority of the players, it would be crystal clear to us all.

Date Posted: May 15, 2007, 07:19:17 am

#38, just a few days ago 80% of all kills in the kill log was by ussocom. it is a bit overpowered but the damage should just be lowered slightly.

also I sometimes uses it as primary since it is really powerful in close combat vs autos.

that's bullshit, i've been playing soldat since 1.2 and not once have i noticed over 10% of the kill in any servers are socom, let a lone 80%. show some proof, otherwise stop making up statistics.

oh and guess what? my knife is a more dangerous weapon at middle to close range. i can probably carve you up with nothing but knife, would that make it overpowered too?

the bottom line is, no matter primary or secondary, it's still a weapon. it's meant to rank up kills. just because you occasionally got killed by a socom while you had half of your ak steyr clip gone doesn't make it unbalanced.
Real Men Drill Deep

Offline Madchal

• Camper
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2007, 04:21:48 pm »
realmode beta testers did think that the socom was overpowered as well. That is why it was nerfed. took it from 172 in dmg to 150 in dmg.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2007, 01:07:09 am »
probobly you have to nerf it a little more, with maybe 8 dmg?
#38 I dont usualy get killed by ussocom but I kill with it too easily. I often put down my main weapon and draws my ussocom instead because it is better and easier.

oh and in 1.2 I played 4 vs 1 with ussocom -__-.

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2007, 02:22:21 am »
#38: this is not a bragging contest, this is a balance discussion, saying that we have no skill, despite not ever having seen us play, is pretty much like shouting "Hi everybody, I'm a noob-assed troll!". Don't call me a whiner, I am stating my opinion on a secondary weapon which is genuinely more effective than the desert eagles in virtually any situation. I certainly don't often die by socom, but from running tests with bots, it is overpowered. Also, your argument that  it is difficult to hit with the socom is pretty much also condemning yourself of being utterly unskilled.

Oh, personally, instead of taking down the damage of the socom, I'd bump up the fire interval.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2007, 04:58:20 am »
I did not say that to brag. at that time I never used ussocom because it wasmega overpowerd. and I showed them that ussocom was overpowerd. also the ussocom is not a damage dealer it is a pinning gun. it is supposed to have a low damage or else you can do it to a primary weapon.

Offline #38

• Soldier
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2007, 07:04:52 am »
youre making no sense general, if none of us are getting killed by socom, then wats the problem? i assumed you die from them often my friend; why else would you complain? and wat tests do you run youre not a beta tester, and i see youre struggling to make complex sentence structure to cover up the ignorance and flaw in your ideas and arguments
Real Men Drill Deep

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2007, 09:16:06 am »
I did not say that to brag. at that time I never used ussocom because it wasmega overpowerd.
I was referring to #38 claiming he could pwn either of us. I severely doubt that he could and he has nothing to back his noobish egotistic rantings up.

@ #38: My sentences are perfectly structured, thank you very much. If you don't understand my post, go back to kindergarten. I see you're not just struggling to write structured sentences, you're failing to spell "what" and "you're" as well as being completely inept at use of grammar in general.
           I know I'm not a beta tester, does that mean that I should not question the balance? I am a player and it matters to me. If it does not matter to you, perhaps you shouldn't be here. I don't may not get killed often by socom, but I get killed less often with saws, knives and LAWs and after looking into it, the socom is actually superior to the deagles, whether people often utilize it or not.

Offline waynechriss

• Major
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2007, 12:54:15 pm »
I'm not too concerned with Realistic mode, but the Soccom pays it's dues for me no matter what situation I'm in.

Do I think it's too powerful? No. During CTF matches when I have an empty AK clip, I have to use 75-90% of the Soccom clip to waste someone. The accuracy is a bit poor, but that seems reasonable considering how accurate the other weapons are.

It's naturally all about accuracy, and how you handle your weapon. The LAW/knife/chainsaw can kill someone instantaneously. So give the Soccom some credit.

I haven't been around Realistic mode for a while now. But I do know it takes up to 30-50% of a clip to nail someone dead-on. It's fair enough. If you have a AUG against the Soccom, and the opponent kills you first, it's not that the Soccom is too powerful, is you suck at landing more beads than him.

If everyone's observation serves to be justified, the only con of the Soccom is accuracy. But whatever rocks your boat.

Offline PoX

• Major(1)
  • Sn-Msg
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2007, 03:23:31 pm »
I'd have to go against what seems to be the general thought here. Not that I think the socom needs more power, I just don't really think it needs less. Its often enough I like to play as a sniper and the Socom comes in handy when getting rushed and you miss with the sniper. Just whoop it out and blast away and pray you were quick enough. MAYBE I could see making it a LITTLE less accurate but certainly not less powerful.
“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

Offline #38

• Soldier
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2007, 04:47:09 pm »
I did not say that to brag. at that time I never used ussocom because it wasmega overpowerd.
I was referring to #38 claiming he could pwn either of us. I severely doubt that he could and he has nothing to back his noobish egotistic rantings up.

@ #38: My sentences are perfectly structured, thank you very much. If you don't understand my post, go back to kindergarten. I see you're not just struggling to write structured sentences, you're failing to spell "what" and "you're" as well as being completely inept at use of grammar in general.
           I know I'm not a beta tester, does that mean that I should not question the balance? I am a player and it matters to me. If it does not matter to you, perhaps you shouldn't be here. I don't may not get killed often by socom, but I get killed less often with saws, knives and LAWs and after looking into it, the socom is actually superior to the deagles, whether people often utilize it or not.

i'm so sorry, your grammer is so much superior to me, this concluded our argument and proved you the winner.

OH LOOK, I MISSPELLED GRAMMAR, OMG!!!!! I AM SUCH A NOOB

let me clear what i meant to say in my kindergarten language because i really just don't have the time to care about grammar unlike some other people. i said you probably lack the skill if you are the only player in almost the entire soldat game world that believes socom is overpowered.

i guess i could understand how you would think i was bragging, based on the assumption that we are all like you and call others "nooblisticly wrong". i didn't mean to seemingly brag or boast at all. i simply wanted to say that i never found to have big problems combating socom.

now let me restate my logic, without you twisting it and "insulting" me with such harsh language such as noob and nooblistic ways.

if the weapon is overpowered, then i'm sure there would be TONS of more players who complain, even if i would never agree it's overpowered.

the fact is, almost none of us are getting massacred by it while you are saying socom is "killing 80%" of the server population.

of course, silly me, on "ignorant" assumption, i would think you SUCK ****ING ASS, AND NEEDS TO ****ING PRACTICE IF YOU KEEP GETTING OWNED BY SOCOM, NONE OF US HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT. but as you can see, i am completely wrong, you are obviously a skilled beta tester in disguise of being a regularly whiner, because you have said many times, that you have personally TESTED socom, and statisticly proven that it is overpowered.

this is so embarrassing for me

but I get killed less often with saws, knives and LAWs and after looking into it, the socom is actually superior to the deagles, whether people often utilize it or not.

i 100% agree with you, deagle, saw, knives, and laws all takes more skills to use.

For "noobs: use socom if you just don't care, it's just a video game anyway, if you suck with other weapons, just massacre them with socom.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 04:58:46 pm by #38 »
Real Men Drill Deep