Author Topic: SOCOM  (Read 7921 times)

Offline General Meevious

• Major
Re: SOCOM
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2007, 02:13:37 am »
It was not me who said it kills 80% of the server population, it was -major-, I do not know if that is true and it seems a little far fetched to me too. I also never called you "nooblistic" or "nooblisticly wrong", because my head is not full of ejaculation, so please don't put words into my mouth. I'm sure you think you're really cool and your sarcasm skillz are awesome, I've stated my opinion in this thread and I have no need to argue with an utter illiterate troll who has nothing better to do than flame my ability to piece sentences together and deny facts without putting them to the test.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2007, 09:39:52 pm »
Socom beats AK and Minimi in damage per second, you can use it as much as you want, has fast reload and all. Nice weapon, way too accurate and powerful.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline ChromedGun

• Camper
  • Angel of Death
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2007, 09:45:46 am »
the socom is actually superior to the deagles,

Not true. I've never been beaten by a SOCOM'er when I've had my deagles. Never. As a deagle-user I do know that the SOCOM doesn't pack the same punch the deagles do. On the other hand it fires more often and can fire more, not to talk about the reloadtime which is much shorter than the deagles. This, however, does not make it superior.

@Kryp -- go buy some skills. use /command to bring up the commands.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2007, 10:59:34 am »
the socom is actually superior to the deagles,

Not true. I've never been beaten by a SOCOM'er when I've had my deagles. Never. As a deagle-user I do know that the SOCOM doesn't pack the same punch the deagles do. On the other hand it fires more often and can fire more, not to talk about the reloadtime which is much shorter than the deagles. This, however, does not make it superior.

agreed, if all bullets from both parties hits, deagle would still win against socom

also, if y'all think that socom is that powerful, why dont I see tons socom users running around? why dont you guys use it as a primary?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 11:01:31 am by excruciator »
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Supernaut

• Major
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2007, 08:25:09 pm »
The Socom was good, and still is. The changes they made are kinda cosmetic. It is not overpowered. I kill most of players that use socom, if I have a clip in my Minimi / Ak/ Steyr / Spass/Ruger. I know that it takes decent skill for such a player to kill me before I kill him and I accept it. You don't see the whole lot of Socom users anyway. It's either my mistake that I got killed or the enemies skill, or both. Stop whining, please.

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2007, 08:30:45 pm »
SOCOM only seems good because of when people use it, last shots close quarters.

It can't do dick in long range.

Do you want us to nerf it to the point it takes a million shots to kill? Then it will become unrealistic.

Offline sakae

• Soldier
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2007, 10:11:51 am »
yes ussocom should only be for finnishing off people with low hp and not be abel to kill in 3 hits.

Offline Kahless

• Major
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2007, 12:46:13 am »
I've encountered a few players that use the SOCOM as their primary weapon, and they do remarkably well. Examining the weapon balance, I think it's a better weapon overall than the Deagle. Given this is supposed to be a secondary, the SOCOM may be unbalanced.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2007, 12:41:32 pm »
Given this is supposed to be a secondary, the SOCOM may be unbalanced.
However, all the other secondaries are one-hit killers. I can kill someone much faster with one well-aimed knife than someone's who's trying to hunt me down with just a socom.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2007, 08:21:34 pm »
The only thing the deagle has over the SOCOM is range and given that it's main use is as a mid range weapon, that isn't really much of a factor in this.

agreed, if all bullets from both parties hits, deagle would still win against socom
Try it some time. You're wrong, socom kills first, unless it is the distance is  near the end of the socom's range, which, as I said, is not really a likely situation, a socom wielder will close range as fast as he can when facing deagles.

However, all the other secondaries are one-hit killers. I can kill someone much faster with one well-aimed knife than someone's who's trying to hunt me down with just a socom.
If you think that the chainsaw is a one hit killer, you shouldn't be posting here. Also, knife has start up time and low range, while LAW has a killer reload time and is really, really badly effected by non-registering explosions. Socom is in a higher tier than the other secondaries.

Also, it doesn't take much skill to dodge the majority of LAW shells, knives and saw maniacs.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 08:23:42 pm by General Meevious »

Offline ChromedGun

• Camper
  • Angel of Death
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2007, 07:46:01 am »
Try it some time. You're wrong, socom kills first, unless it is the distance is  near the end of the socom's range, which, as I said, is not really a likely situation, a socom wielder will close range as fast as he can when facing deagles.
Try it yourself sometime. Deagles are hells minions at close range.

Also, it doesn't take much skill to dodge the majority of LAW shells, knives and saw maniacs.
I would want to see you dodge those. I am not exactly a pro with those weapons myself but some knifers can really mess you up, even from long range.

@Kryp -- go buy some skills. use /command to bring up the commands.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2007, 11:32:30 am »
but you cant really compare law and knife and saw with socom

the range balance the yin-yang of saw

the range and startup and "oh-damn-I-missed-now-I-have-to-go-and-pick-it-up" compensate knifes power

the endless reload, the delay and the crouching balance law's massive damage and splash

« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 11:32:35 am by excruciator »
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2007, 11:41:00 am »
If you think that the chainsaw is a one hit killer, you shouldn't be posting here. Also, knife has start up time and low range, while LAW has a killer reload time and is really, really badly effected by non-registering explosions. Socom is in a higher tier than the other secondaries.

Every weapon can be affected by lag, it's just that the person getting chainsawed sometimes escapes between shots, but the increased firerate fixed that, but hits not registering are more common to it than the other weapons. Please don't insult me.

It doesn't take much skill to dodge the socom, either. The socom is a semi-automatic weapon that has a low range and medium damage. Range is definitely a factor here, contrary to what you said. Just stay away and you'll be fine. I've never been taken down by a pure socomer before, I've only been finished off by one when I'm at low health. If it's so overpowered and easy to use, then why don't you try going a whole CTF or DM game using only the socom and see if you come out on top?

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2007, 10:45:19 pm »
Every weapon can be affected by lag, it's just that the person getting chainsawed sometimes escapes between shots, but the increased firerate fixed that, but hits not registering are more common to it than the other weapons. Please don't insult me.
It's a short range auto, not a 1 hit.

Maybe when there are more 1.41 servers up in my low ping range I'll take you up on that, but as is, there are no DM or CTF. I've won big DMs with only knife, so it wouldn't prove anything. Really, just get a boogie man or a willing test subject and time yourself killing him with socom and deagles from different ranges. You have to be almost at edge screen before deagles overtake socom, with more shots it also becomes much easier to take down low health foes or keep an enemy pinned.