Author Topic: random assignment for polygon type  (Read 897 times)

Offline {depth}shaman

• Soldier
  • I'm Warning lvl 1! So i suggest you lay low
random assignment for polygon type
« on: March 21, 2007, 01:03:04 am »
its simple. well, not really. When assigning polygon type in the mapmakers, you can pick normal, only player collides, only bullet collides, doesn't collide, ice, deadly, bloody deadly, hurts, regenerates, lava. It would be cool if you could assign "random." Either it could be any of these, or more favorably, there would be three randoms, each having a one in two chance of an outcome:
normal or deadly
normal or bloody deadly
normal or doesn't collide.

The chance comes up everytime a player hits the polygon. if two or more players hit the same polygon at once, its different for each one.

Think of the traps you could make, or the interesting possibilities on climbing/adventuring/surfing type maps. Mine fields could be installed. punji stakes made more interesting, tricky random floorboards.....

once again, its probably to hard to code, but its fun to think about.
Life's like a shit sandwich. The more bread you have, the less shit goes down with each bite.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
Re: random assignment for polygon type
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 05:59:34 pm »
i like minefields but other than that i dont like it. would make more maps like fake that are luck not skill.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: random assignment for polygon type
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 07:32:49 pm »
iDante hit it perfectly. If they would mainly boost only climbing or racing maps (or any other kind of map that supports an outside gamemode), I don't think it's worth the time to code