Author Topic: Charles wants to make a map.  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
Charles wants to make a map.
« on: March 21, 2007, 06:31:07 pm »
Beta 2:

Click for a larger image.

Give me suggestions.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: Charles wants to make a map.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 06:34:56 pm »
Needs more large junglebushes like the one on the left of the largest boulder, and other jutting-out scenery. The polygons are pretty much set; really nice shading detail.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 08:43:38 pm »
add a nice looking water effect in the little dip at the bottom.

Needs more large junglebushes like the one on the left of the largest boulder, and other jutting-out scenery. The polygons are pretty much set; really nice shading detail.

then do that.

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Lifeā„¢
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 12:13:45 pm »
OMGzor ! I was told in a recent post that you (Mr. C) would be gone forever ! But I'm glad to see a great mapper's back :)

Back to topic : that map needs some phazazz. My main concern for it's appearences are the shaded areas underneath the map, for some reason it looks like they're lighter than the top, which would be perfectaly acceptable except for the fact that the sun beams down, not up :D.  Gameplay wise, the little nook on the upper section, middle and a little to the left looks like a camper's dream. It'd be impossible to shoot 'im down before a sniper mows you down.

I'm out of opinions now. So have a nice day :)

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline GluLm

• Camper
  • Polybugs' nightmare
    • maps pack project
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 08:40:58 am »
This looks wonderful so far!
I really like your style.
In my opinion, the only things that are missing are some lianas or any kind of connection between floating platforms... At least some supports made of polygons like in Flashback. I think these are quite important for a good looking map. But it's already pretty good looking already. :)
Bring back Soldat 1.3.1! New bullet trails DIE!

Offline Mikeman

• Soldier
    • Nuke Corruption
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 03:15:49 am »
put more scenery,

the shading and polygons are cool, i like the style too  :)