Author Topic: looking for...  (Read 1145 times)

Offline valion

• Soldier
  • you may run, you may hide. but still he comes
looking for...
« on: March 22, 2007, 06:46:19 am »
Hi. im looking for a couple of map types, if anyone knows of any like this then please let me know where i can get it.

large realistic inf maps. and i meen huge maps, cause i like the whole, 1 player against an army of dumb bots style when im not on a server.

propaly waypointed TW: i like trench wars but lots of the maps either have terrible waypointing, or are biased for a certain team.

and any realy good realisctic style maps people recomend. thanks
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Re: looking for...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 07:21:09 pm »
Do you mean, when you speak of the infiltration, something like you have to "sneak" into the infiltration zone to capture the flag then get out alive (there being lots of dumb bots)? If a sneaking type thing was what you were thinking, I may have an idea, and even if it wasn't exactly your idea, do you just mean, the bots, you and a lot of space in a nice inflitration big map?

Offline valion

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 03:05:47 am »
thats what im after. at the moment ive only found one infiltration map where killing opponants isnt the best way to get the objective. please, what is your suggestion?
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 01:17:58 am »
Well actually currently, I am making a map to somewhat fit the "standards" of what you are looking for. It has to be played in realistic mode to work properly of course. The original map I tried to make for this idea was based in the city, but that didn't really work out too good so I kind of abandoned that. Now, it's based in a forest area.

I suppose what I meant earlier when I said I had an idea was: I found out a way to make bots patrol, and as long as they have their backs turned towards you, they won't see you (or most of the time they don't). So, you could jump behind them into a ceiling shaft or something and sneak through. In the beginning of the map though, you do start in a cave in the forest and have to kill your way through several enemies to get to the bot's base.

You inspired me to make this so I suppose I should dedicate the map to you ;). I might add a screenshot of the map soon in it's very uncomplete form, but it will give you the general idea of what I am trying for.

Offline valion

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 04:58:08 am »
no need to do that. i was inspired by another map i found called bunker number 007. the waypointing was terrible so i set to making it bot friendly. i have patrols of bots, an area for stealth andseveral fortified posisions, still needs some repair work for the polygons which unfortunatly are nearly all bouncy.
good luck with your map, i look forward to giing it ago. if you want i could post the repaired map i found.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 05:12:26 am by valion »

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 02:26:25 pm »
I suppose you could post it up. Then I'll post my map when I'm finished with it. Right now I'm finishing up the outside and working on the inside of the buildings. I'm not too good at making modern looking buildings or any of the stuff, but this one isn't necessarely modern and is looking pretty decent so far.

Since there isn't any jet in this map, there really aren't any overhead platforms or anything that you could get onto, but that is how I want it for now.