Author Topic: Maps, and their effect.  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
Maps, and their effect.
« on: March 23, 2007, 10:45:44 am »
Lately I've been thinking about how the balance works...

The effectiveness of a weapon depends on your surroundings in a map, consequently a weapon's most effective usage depends on the map.   

However, do you think that the maps impact balance so much as to sway the popular usages of weapons?

I.E. too many close range maps could boost weapons like spas and m79 being used

What do you think about this? Is to too small, or is it a tangible thing to be concerned with?
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
Re: Maps, and their effect.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 02:04:25 pm »
I.E. too many close range maps could boost weapons like spas and m79 being used
Well sure.  That's just common sense, to use weapons that work best on the map you're on.  If fact, some might say that it's that kind of versatility that separates experts from beginners.

What do you think about this? Is to too small, or is it a tangible thing to be concerned with?
It shouldn't be a big deal.  In a server, the map list should be varied enough to encourage the use of a range of weapons.  If not, then of course the weapons will be limited to either short range or long range weapons.  However, that's a server issue, not a game issue.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
Re: Maps, and their effect.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 03:20:31 am »
what gamer_2k4 said.
On arena2 the m79/spas/mp5/nades/knife wins, on shau the berrett/ruger/ak/law wins. A good player will go through several weapons in one game to meet map requirements and to counter what other plaayers are using (IE: player A uses berrett so player B switches to steyr to spray his ass down)
maps define the balace, if you hate 1-hit kilelrs go ********** to some realistic **** or sumthin...