Author Topic: LOCK THIS TOPIC  (Read 2919 times)

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
Re: Wii, System set up to fail?
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2007, 05:09:37 pm »
^ There's a lot of Wii fans who use that argument, but...

Video Games were designed to be relaxing, (yes, we know people who really do get excited - but that's expected, too) but fun and challenging games that require hand-eye coordination. With the Wii, you pretty much have to stand-up for an extended period of time while moving your arms around a bunch - this can not only be uncomfortable, but people have actually broken their TVs, stereos, and other things playing too hard.

Now, I'm not saying the Wii's controller feature is bad at all - it's just not what I'm into. Nintendo's best-selling stuff has all been first-party E-rated games, with the only exception in their collection being Twilight Princess, (Still first party, but rated T) being released after many years. Not only that, but their concepts aren't exactly original. Take Mario, for example. Princess Peach gets kidnapped by Bowser, Mario must go save here. The only exceptions are the Mario sports game spin-offs ad the Party games. Otherwise, it's been that way since Super Mario Bros. in 1985. For Zelda? Almost the same thing.
Who can imagine a Mario without having to rescue the princess? No one wants to rescue Luigi?
@ii

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 05:41:12 pm »
Yeah u agree with all you guys i got exite truck and zelda and i might get ssx blur or cod 3
Holy Poop!

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2007, 09:05:25 pm »
ffs all those drop kicks who smash their wiimotes and damned televisions are being retarded
if the wiimote was made to be swung(???) at those speeds then there'd be some sort of grip on it or a stronger wristband. it all comes down to those select few idiots who want to see how hard they can hit a baseball and end up going too far

you can play all of those games sitting down, just with simple wrist movements, sure you can stand up or whatever but if you're not swinging like a madman then stupid shit wont happen

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2007, 09:09:41 pm »
ffs all those drop kicks who smash their wiimotes and damned televisions are being retarded
if the wiimote was made to be swung(???) at those speeds then there'd be some sort of grip on it or a stronger wristband. it all comes down to those select few idiots who want to see how hard they can hit a baseball and end up going too far

you can play all of those games sitting down, just with simple wrist movements, sure you can stand up or whatever but if you're not swinging like a madman then stupid **** wont happen

You can play some of the titles sitting relaxed but most of them at least you are still moving around enough you have to sit up and actaully move a little. Also with the Wii sports games you have to be standing.
@ii

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2007, 09:11:23 pm »
ok my bad
but i bet you and your family don't swing like psychos

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 09:14:34 pm »
ok my bad
but i bet you and your family don't swing like psychos
Haha it just depends on how little the people know about the controller... some people I had to take it away from them cause I thought they might break my tv if they lost grip on the wiimote.
@ii

Thrax

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2007, 09:56:36 pm »
Most people are waiting for the SSBB, (like I am) what I did was buy Wii points, and download older games for fun. Just wait for like a year or so, and you'll start seeing games.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2007, 07:31:33 pm »
i got the wii today (yippii)
for 3rd party games, the best is definantly call of duty 3, even though the implementation of the wiimote was kind of lame, especially making the bombs

worst is GT Pro Series. it has the graphics of the ps1 and the controls resemble nes controls from virtual console.

wiisports is definantly what you show off to your buddies, followed by a brief bragging about twilight princess.

i have a second controller that is nunchuckless :(
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2007, 07:49:38 pm »
i got the wii today (yippii)
for 3rd party games, the best is definantly call of duty 3, even though the implementation of the wiimote was kind of lame, especially making the bombs

worst is GT Pro Series. it has the graphics of the ps1 and the controls resemble nes controls from virtual console.

wiisports is definantly what you show off to your buddies, followed by a brief bragging about twilight princess.

i have a second controller that is nunchuckless :(
Oh yeah the bomb thing is lame but I thought it was worth the wierd controls here or there, its a great game.
@ii

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2007, 09:06:33 pm »
I Really really really want red steel(looks awsome) but everyone i talk to says it has bad controls but they have never played it, is the controls really that bad?

EDIT:
Congrats, a-4-year-old
Holy Poop!

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2007, 02:39:19 am »
I have had my since end January, I have Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wario Smooth Moves and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.  Marvel is a bit repetitive but still fun, Smooth Moves is seriously for multiplayer parties, Wii Play is more fun multiplayer and Wii Sports is great.  Boxing is the best, I beat the champ but it's so hard to keep winning at 1700+ because they are too fast, KO in two punches!
I will be getting Mario Strikers Charged Football in July when it's released because it's online multiplayer ready.  I have no VC games yet but am deciding on whether to buy the control to play OOT or similar. 
Can't wait until the new opera browser is released either (couple weeks).

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2007, 05:26:09 am »
While we are speaking of FPS's on the wii....

I have redsteel for my console, its pretty much what people have said, the graphics are mediocre.... No blood... and only "some" destructable areas....but the music in Redsteel freakin own.. and the controller might be tricky, but once you get used to it, youre unstoppable... the game gives you a goldeneye 007-ish feeling also....

Though there are tons of things they can improve, i hope they will when they make the secuel..

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2007, 06:51:07 am »
But, is the controls bad as like you cant move sometimes(wii cant pick up remote motions)?
or just hard to get used to?
Holy Poop!

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
Re: Wii, Disscuss
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2007, 03:56:43 pm »
But, is the controls bad as like you cant move sometimes(wii cant pick up remote motions)?
or just hard to get used to?

They are abit hard to get used to, especially when youve been stuck in front of the compy fraggin the sh*t out of people... for example.. :P

SOMETIMES the wiimote wont respond to the movements, but thats because we have the sensorbar on the top on the tv, while the tv itself it pretty high up... i remember plugging in the console at a friends house whos tv is much lower, the sensor worked well.....

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2007, 07:54:54 pm »
OK, so zegovia, Is it worth a buy or a rent?
Holy Poop!

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2007, 08:24:52 pm »
the wiimote works as well as the game's code will allow, for legend of zelda and wii sports, it is flawless, for GT Pro shit and sometimes call of duty 3 it is a bit more glitchy, only on some parts where you use both controllers (for call of duty 3)

get the wii eventually, right now it might not be worth it to you to wait in line for 2+ hours.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2007, 08:28:37 pm »
the wiimote works as well as the game's code will allow, for legend of zelda and wii sports, it is flawless, for GT Pro **** and sometimes call of duty 3 it is a bit more glitchy, only on some parts where you use both controllers (for call of duty 3)

get the wii eventually, right now it might not be worth it to you to wait in line for 2+ hours.
I waited for 5 or 6, and was the only one to get one! Just had to bring that up :P
@ii

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2007, 06:47:53 am »
I got myn on ebay($300). i got in in 3 days, im very happy about my wii. Its awsome.  :o
Holy Poop!

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
Re: LOCK THIS TOPIC
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2007, 02:09:53 pm »
Locked by request. (He pmed me)
@ii