Author Topic: uhh, little help plz XD  (Read 1936 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
uhh, little help plz XD
« on: June 26, 2006, 10:33:15 pm »
Would somebody help me!  I uploaded a new pic to the hosting site but when I previewed it here it made it smaller.  The dimensions of the new pic are smaller than another pic that is viewable full size, but the file size of the new one is 263KB and the next biggest is 243KB

btw:   use photobucket (cuz it's ez to use) - free account version of course.

If I have to swtich to some other host can someone show me good links for my purpose here?

ps:  don't flame me saying i should read the sticky...  it'd be much better coming from those that actually use online hosting sites...
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline ThunderPantz

• Camper
  • My avatar rules you.
Re: uhh, little help plz XD
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 01:19:04 am »
I got no clue whats going on there, it happened to me too on imageshack i tink. And I've seen your little sig pic at the bottom a couple times and I'd like to say its pretty cool :D

LET THE BASH PIT LIVE ON.
Smoking doesn't kill people, cancer and tobacco does.

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 11:08:30 am »
I use FileFront and I have no problem with it.  It's free and you can upload anything unlimitedly.

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 11:33:01 am »
Just post the URL without the [img] code.... ;)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 06:19:56 pm »
OMFG photobucket is PATHETIC!
It says files greater than 1MB are automatically resized and my files are below 300KB.  I have another picture that is bigger in dimension but smaller in file size which is weird but w.e.  So i thought:  "hmm, maybe if i slightly crop the picture - cut some unnecessary space!"
So I deleted the old pic off photobucket and updated the newer file.  It had the same name so photobucket thought it was being smart by not reupdating and just show the same old pic!  So I deleted it again and decided to rename the file and upload it - and it worked.  But when I used photobucket to rename it, it put the old shit on there again and automatically resized it (though the new version with the dif. name wasn't resized).
I'm gonna move to a new host!

and Zegovia, it's not the [img] tag that made the picture smaller - I can't even view the full-sized pic on photobucket because it automatically resized it there and saved a smaller version.  GRR
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Spyder

• Soldier
  • Member Since 19 Oct 2002
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 06:33:25 pm »
Use http://www.tinypic.com/ - easy, simple and fast.