Author Topic: Soldat Enhanced (v2.1 update)  (Read 105846 times)

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
Re: Soldat Enhanced
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2008, 11:24:29 am »
I like pretty much everything about the mod. The only thing I cant stand is that the m79 and spas looks huge, in term of both size and caliber. kinda unrealistic.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline BRADEN

• Camper
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2008, 03:04:05 am »
Mangled, on the original version AK-74's magazine was kinda fucked up. I ALWAYS use this mod though, it sorta enhances the soldat effects making you feel more excited to shoot your gun. So good work dude.

Death is the solution to all problems. No man; no problem.
-Joseph Stalin

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2008, 01:45:30 am »
silenced socom FTW!
Been looking for a silenced pistol for a few days now. Good work on this mod, definately downloading this!
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Kerrazyeye

• Soldier
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2008, 04:56:36 pm »
The weapons are extremely detailed, its just that they're so damn big, and they seem alittle too photorealistic in a cartoony game :-\

Offline BRADEN

• Camper
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2008, 09:55:36 am »
When will v2.0 be released!?

-Joseph Stalin

Offline O_Snap

• Major(1)
  • Rock!
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2008, 12:46:05 pm »
This mod is awesome.  The thing I like most is the fact that the guns are so much more realistic from those in regular Soldat

10/10

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2008, 01:01:50 pm »
When will v2.0 be released!?

Most likely some time in early-mid Feb, I'm a little snowed under with college stuff at the moment. I'm simultaneously working on the UT mod as well... which is a really bad habit, I should try to work on one mod at a time.

There's not loads more to... weapon sounds and new explosions, gosteks I may or may not do... when I next get a chance I will knuckle down and try and finish it. It's about 70% finished.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline BRADEN

• Camper
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2008, 02:20:39 pm »
I'm looking forward to Soldat Enhanced V2 more than the Unreal Tournament one. Anyway, I can't figure out how you're gonna match the UT weapons to Soldat. The only similar weapons are Shock Rifle & Ruger 77, Minigun & Minigun and Assault Rifle & one of the autos.

-Joseph Stalin

Offline ChaosKiiD

• Major(1)
  • ya
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2008, 02:33:15 pm »
I'm looking forward to Soldat Enhanced V2 more than the Unreal Tournament one. Anyway, I can't figure out how you're gonna match the UT weapons to Soldat. The only similar weapons are Shock Rifle & Ruger 77, Minigun & Minigun and Assault Rifle & one of the autos.
What about this?

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2008, 03:59:36 pm »
Both Papasmurf and Serialkiller's UT mods are okay.. but they are mixtures of UT and UT2k3 weapons...

Mine is purely UT weapons. ... also you should note that I'm directly translating the shape and colours of my weapons directly from side-views of UT models.

And yes, in order to fill weapon places I've had to duplicate weapons for their secondary fire mode as a seperate weapon (example: Flak cannon is both shotgun and m79)

So far the loadout is looking like this:

1. Dual Enforcers
2. Pulse Gun (beam)
3. Ripper
4. Pulse Gun
5. Flak Cannon
6. Shock Rifle
7. Flak Cannon (grenade)
8. Sniper Rifle
9. Biorifle
0. Minigun

Enforcer
Impact Hammer
Chainsaw
Rocket Launcher

It's basically a purist UT mod. But I'm already planning to make subsequent mods for Unreal, UT2k3 and UT2k4 and make them all inter-compatible.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline BRADEN

• Camper
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2008, 04:41:45 am »
But please finish the Enhanced v2.0 mod first, I'm looking forward to it!

-Joseph Stalin

Offline Dodger

• Major(1)
  • vX][Admin and Moderator
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2008, 02:12:25 pm »
i love the idea of an UT mod, but i think making 2 of the same weapons only secondary and primary fire would be kinda bad, much harder to tell if your enemy is using an m79 or a spas... else than that, the weapon selections seem pretty nice just that the impact hammer should be chainsaw and use just some basic knife as a knife... and i have never seen anything called pulse gun, unless you are talking bout link gun... and yes, PLEASE finish enhanced v2 ;)

Offline BRADEN

• Camper
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2008, 01:55:09 pm »
Yeah, I LOVE this mod! But I never seen a Pulse gun in UT04 too. And you can replace the Flak Cannon (grenade) with the grenade launcher. I know the Flak grenade resembles the M79 better, but like Dodger said, it would be kinda hard to tell what your opponent is using.

-Joseph Stalin

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2008, 02:28:29 pm »
and i have never seen anything called pulse gun, unless you are talking bout link gun...
But I never seen a Pulse gun in UT04 too.

The Pulse Gun is the original Link Gun, and was in the first UT.

I always thought it'd be cool to replace the m79 with a charged up biorifle shot. You could make the explosion into some blobs spitting out, and the reload would be the sound of the biorifle charging up. :D

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2008, 03:05:21 pm »
I considered using biorifle as the m79... however it would make the rocket launcher, grenade and redeemer explosions slimey... which wouldn't be great. I'm pretty happy with all of the weapons apart from the biorifle and pulse gun's secondary fire (beam) which don't fit any of the characteristics of soldat weapons... I know I can make a .ini but I want this mod optimized for online play as well as offline play.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2008, 03:36:05 pm »
Sick mod. I really like those golden deagles... With 2.0... are you changing any of the weapons?
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2008, 03:54:01 pm »
The weapons will be practically the same... But in my opinion much better. All weapon sounds (with the exception of the chainsaw) are going to be replaced by or remixed into much sharper, higher quality stereo-channel sound. All of these sounds are being based on recordings and samples of the guns being fired in real life.

All of the weapon graphics are changing. Some only slight tweaks (such as minigun and m79 which have just been adjusted to fit better in the menu or had shading improved) whilst others (spas, socom, steyr etc..) are being completely redrawn both to fit better in the menu and totally improve on the original SE ones. I am using new transparent outlining techniques that I've developed.

All muzzleflashes, explosions, bullets and flames will now be .png based and semi-transparent.

If you loved SE then you will not be disappointed. SE v1 will be kept available as well for those who prefer it.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2008, 11:22:10 am »
Being killed by the Biorifle: The ultimate shame.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline BRADEN

• Camper
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2008, 01:54:21 pm »
Then all my victims should be ultimately ashamed.

-Joseph Stalin

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2008, 04:46:56 pm »
Yes. Yes they shall.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.