Author Topic: Soldat Enhanced (v2.1 update)  (Read 105862 times)

Offline Seacow

• Major(1)
Re: Soldat Enhanced (v2 RELEASED!)
« Reply #260 on: February 09, 2009, 02:46:34 am »
Thanks for the kind support and criticisms everybody. To be honest I think my modding days are coming to an end, I'm moving on to bigger and better things.. but I will try to release all my mods that I had previously promised you... they will just take some time to get done.

First of all I'll be working on Soldat Enhanced Extras pack 2, which will include a whole bunch of weapons which I made that fit with the enhanced style but aren't going to be released in any other mods... Then I'll try to get Soldat Enhanced: 2010 finished, probably for early next year.

Other mods still to come in theory:

Unreal Tournament mod (started in early 2008)
US Colonial Marines (started in early-mid 2008)
Waterfight mod (started in mid 2007)

Early next year...oh stop putting in the suspense, it's not fun :-[

Lets hope it comes in before Semester 2.

P.S. (Off-topic) I'm Bloodreaper btw (guy who posted the minimap bug, which i fixed up using the smalldot from Eradication Wars). Sorry for making double accounts if that was bad, but I hope that 'bloodreaper' account can be deleted.

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #261 on: February 09, 2009, 12:52:51 pm »
In any means necessarry, please put Soldat Enhanced: 2010 on top  of your modding priority. :P

Offline Shadow_Knight

• Major
  • ingame a.k.a Hitokiri Batoussai.
« Reply #262 on: February 11, 2009, 06:26:30 am »
Yeah Soldat Enhanced 2010, can't wait :P

Have you epicly failed today?

Offline Jaedong

• Major(1)
« Reply #263 on: June 03, 2009, 04:22:18 am »
Can anyone do me a favor and post up the font.txt file, thankyou.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 04:01:30 am by Jaedong »

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
Re: Soldat Enhanced (v2.1 update)
« Reply #264 on: June 25, 2009, 08:19:16 pm »
Update guys, since for some reason filefront decided to delete all my files, I have fixed a couple things in Soldat Enhanced and released a new version (2.1). See first post for download link and details

Sorry I haven't been checking my messages for a long time, or I would have done this sooner.

Happy fragging.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #265 on: June 26, 2009, 12:31:35 am »
Filefront doesnt let me download :(

Player since late 2007

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #266 on: June 26, 2009, 10:19:11 am »
Same case, not exactly deleted but:
At the moment there are three staff members employed by filefront in total. To be the best of my knowledge they are working on replacing the obselete servers we took over from Ziff Davis with new hardware. This has caused a few problems and its conceivable that it might be causing issues here as well.

However, as you can imagine with only three people doing a migration and development then getting support from them is difficult. Just be patient and i'm sure they will look into individual problems when they are able to do so.
[link]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 10:22:36 am by Henito Kisou »

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #267 on: June 26, 2009, 10:53:57 am »
Filefront doesnt let me download :(

Well, SoldatForums won't let me upload it as an attachment.

Any file hosts you recommend?
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #268 on: June 26, 2009, 11:08:46 am »
Try zshare.com uploading.com box.net orbitfiles.com Orbitfiles is permanent hoster but may not be compatible on some specific PC's system or strange ISP configuration.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #269 on: June 27, 2009, 04:19:30 am »
Box.net is great, but these are free:

http://www.filedropper.com/
http://www.4shared.com/

Player since late 2007

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #270 on: June 27, 2009, 10:09:33 am »
Thanks for the suggestions, I've decided to use FileAve.com for an alternative host, hopefully people won't have problems with it like they seem to have with Filefront.

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #271 on: June 27, 2009, 02:31:52 pm »
Judging from screens, semi-transparent borders aren't intentional? How to change it? Different filters, gamma value?

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #272 on: June 27, 2009, 05:12:32 pm »
They shouldn't look like that, are you playing in a higher resolution than 640 x 480? Or with unusual settings?

In fact.. it looks like they're more transparrent overall than they should be... That's probably what has caused it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 05:14:25 pm by Mangled* »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #273 on: June 27, 2009, 07:09:26 pm »
Guessing those are PNGs on the interface, Mangled?
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #274 on: June 27, 2009, 08:30:08 pm »
Yep, am I missing something? It uses alpha transparency, I hope there's not issues with it on higher resolutions...

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #275 on: June 28, 2009, 04:34:47 pm »
They shouldn't look like that, are you playing in a higher resolution than 640 x 480? Or with unusual settings?

In fact.. it looks like they're more transparrent overall than they should be... That's probably what has caused it.
Antialiasing. Bitrate 32. Refresh rate: High. Resolution: 640x480. Backbuffer count: 3. Texture Filters: Anisotropic. Resolution Filters: Anisotropic.

What Gradient_Background is for?

Other png  based interfaces (even that one from your Predator Mod) are ok, this happen only with Soldat Enhanced interface. Are you using some different/weird alpha transparency method?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 04:55:52 pm by Henito Kisou »

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #276 on: June 28, 2009, 07:17:20 pm »
Well I don't know what to suggest.. I used the same alpha techniques as the interface in the predator mod.

Offline kbutcher5

• Major(1)
« Reply #277 on: June 29, 2009, 09:41:14 am »
Cudos to you my friend, I love this mod, it adds something more to an already great game!
I can't see that the weapons should be too big, but that could be my akward resolution? :P

Edit:
This is almost worth a sticky, or perhaps even a permanent implementation to the game :P
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 09:43:32 am by kbutcher5 »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #278 on: June 29, 2009, 10:55:13 am »
Soldat has an issue with PNG AA -- any length of horizontal or vertical edges will get the plastic foil effect. You'll probably have to graduate out the alpha to resolve. :|

The issue just has never been fixed and the devs don't seem to care about these type of issues.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #279 on: June 29, 2009, 02:06:35 pm »
Though I've never seen this issue before with the SE interface. The interface does have a semi-transparent border anyway. The 'plastic wrap' bug only occurs with images that are resized by soldat.. like the weapons in the kill console.

The interface certainly isn't garbled like that, it just seems that the outline of the interface is transparent white instead of transparent black.. its peculiar, but I can't see a way to fix it.

It's a problem nobody else seems to have.