Author Topic: I'm New/Leaving/Back - thread for all  (Read 294145 times)

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
Re: I'm New/Leaving/Back - thread for all
« Reply #600 on: September 25, 2008, 08:28:17 pm »
Bye bye epic guy. But I never got to find out why minigun is an oxymoron!
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Pater Frog

• Major(1)
« Reply #601 on: October 02, 2008, 05:00:35 pm »
Hiya, I'm not exactly new here, but can't remember ever posting here and didn't do much reading either.
So some info on myself: I'm nineteen, currently living in Germany, Bavaria. At the moment no job, but going to start one soon.

The reason I "activated" my account here, is that I have various questions, and I also hope for help from MM to a certain extent.
Well anyway, as I already stated in my signature, my dream is to create a MMORPG which would be very fast paced, innovative and intuitive. Player's wont choose between classes or races, I want everyone to start the same and as they progress in the game, they can specialize in a certain kind of style they like the most. Like basically defensive or the mad skirmisher, or maybe you want to turn the opponent's sword on himself? Also I don't wish for the guys 'n' girls to whack their brains on the keyboards, just to fall to an unbalanced nemesis.
They generic style of the game might be kind of like the manga/anime "Claymore" (Orphans being taken by an organisation without regard to their wishes, being fused with monster's flesh to gain supernatural power(s) and speed in order to fight those very monsters as elite soldiers/mercenaries). The toons will have both bodily power and prowess, as well as various weapons and also magic. I don't think I will call it magic, but the idea is a supernatural force, that is at it's strongest inside the character's body and can cause an increase of power, healing etc. But that force may also be pressed outwards as attacking or healing energy and shall loose power over long distances(e.g.: direct touch or travelling?).
The graphics shall be detailed and very smooth. The view will be from the side as 2D (Soldat) but freely zoomable. The characters alltogether morphable, In the "far" future, when the game is steady and mostly bug/glitch free, I am even thinking of having a monthly character - parts (hair, clothing etc.) gathering for players on a webside where they may display their current skins. On basis of downloads, status and the player's consensus, they may be integrated into the game.
The physics are to be highly realistic, so a magic shot on a boulder will break it, a resourceful player may make a tunnel and a slashed leg will hinder movement on that leg etc.

Sounds interesting? Then help me please! :D
I in fact am a total noob in game development and have only basic knowledge of designs, physics and programming. Nearly no knowledge on audio and graphics.
To start off, I could use a link to a good related forum (forget google, trillions of hits xD, nothing obvious found on the first 10 pages). Also tips how to do what, which software to use for what, what is needed at all and people who want to work with me. No payment until that game will earn us money, there will be a freeware version, a mode where everything will be unlocked for a certain amount of time in order to get a good taste and hopefully decide on paying the registration fee, and finally the registered, full specs, upgraded version. Just like Soldat. Either PM's (I'll give u ICQ by PM) or e-mails (ICQ mailed).

I will start a thread On this idea. Please keep an eye open for my username, what ever I write about, Pater Frog will be the first words in the title.
A big, gigantic and heartfelt thanks to all those who decide to help me in any small or grand way. THANKS :D
Forgive me very baddest english!!!11!1!°! english be no me main tongue!

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #602 on: October 02, 2008, 05:06:56 pm »
Hello, always nice to see a new person. Read the rules about sig length soon before they change it for you. Just a heads up.

Offline Pater Frog

• Major(1)
« Reply #603 on: October 02, 2008, 06:00:21 pm »
Aye, just did that, forgot to read them before. Thanks anyway^^
Forgive me very baddest english!!!11!1!°! english be no me main tongue!

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #604 on: October 14, 2008, 06:55:16 pm »
Working 3 jobs for the next 2 weeks. No, or little link dump trolling for now.
I want all my debt to be gone by thanksgiving.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #605 on: October 14, 2008, 07:11:52 pm »
Bye bye epic guy. But I never got to find out why minigun is an oxymoron!

Minigun is a fricken huge gun, and they call it the mini-gun. D:

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #606 on: October 19, 2008, 12:41:45 am »
Well, when forums.soldat.pl expired, to be honest, I didn't remember or even really try to look up where the forums were actually hosted, so I've been gone for that period of time, and am back now.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say I didn't miss much.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #607 on: October 19, 2008, 03:55:18 am »
You just missed the staff upgrade announcement really

few new mods (check forum/help/support section)

Player since late 2007

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #608 on: October 19, 2008, 04:46:11 am »
Glad you decided to reappear then, mate. Welcome back.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Warchild

• Major(1)
« Reply #609 on: October 25, 2008, 10:28:39 am »
Im not sure the point of announcing im new here but not sure where else to start posting. Played soldat for a while now and want to get into the community a little more, so Hi everyone.
Stag  [Barret] [knife] / Fwks [AUG] [knife]

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #610 on: October 25, 2008, 12:42:25 pm »
Welcome to the forums, don't be too stupid and you'll be fine.
*Edit*
Read the rules also, they help.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 12:45:10 pm by LtKillroy »

Offline FlyeThemoon

• Major(1)
« Reply #611 on: October 25, 2008, 03:53:41 pm »
Hello my name Tony Montana :D Just kinding man :) My Name is Robert, I play Soldat 4 years :P its very cool game, i have Clan named AN-BU, My Fav Weapons is Barrett , Knife , and Styer Aug, my qoutes its FIGHT 4 FUN NOT 4 Winning , Come Get Some , Wubba wubba! I'm in the pink tonight, boy!

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #612 on: October 29, 2008, 07:34:44 am »
See you gents later.
@ii

Offline recruit

• Soldier
« Reply #613 on: October 29, 2008, 08:06:10 am »
I left somewhere in march and now I'm back after eoy(end of year) exams... soldat hasn't changed muched. I hoped an update would have came during my leave but nah.

BTW:I had this idea long ago to make soldat movies. Those which have story lines. However, due to the limitations of my I.t. skills and the ability of my com. I implore you to come and help me. (pm me plox). the first one I'm hoping is about zombies so yea...

Offline warrior009

• Major(1)
« Reply #614 on: October 29, 2008, 08:45:50 am »
Hello, I'm new and "attempting" to play this game from multiple computers useing my flashcard. But my name is John and I'm 19 in college (community for now). Studing networking, programming, hardware, and german(language) because I have to have a foreign lang and yeah. I suck at speaking it so yeah lol. Hope to get to know a lot of you and be able to play with you guys once I can fix the issue of the game freezing :)

Offline -Zombie-

• Camper
« Reply #615 on: November 02, 2008, 05:06:20 am »
Hi, I'm back after a school excursion

well i guess i didn't miss much besides the new forum skin :D

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #616 on: November 02, 2008, 05:08:19 am »
ZOMBIE

Player since late 2007

Offline -Zombie-

• Camper
« Reply #617 on: November 02, 2008, 05:22:39 am »

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #618 on: November 02, 2008, 08:26:51 pm »
Yeah, I was gone for the weekend. Halloween and such. It happens. I'd show you the pictures I took, but I don't have a scanner and my polaroid isn't exactly digital as much as it is awesome.

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #619 on: November 02, 2008, 09:17:21 pm »
See you gents later.

Good luck in the army Gram.