Author Topic: I'm New/Leaving/Back - thread for all  (Read 292570 times)

Offline Oddisy

• Major(1)
Re: I'm New/Leaving/Back - thread for all
« Reply #1100 on: April 19, 2011, 07:56:25 pm »
erm wolfman from elite?
No, wolf_man from here.

Offline swebonny

• Camper
  • BUahh...
« Reply #1101 on: April 21, 2011, 06:00:35 pm »
Man, this place brings back so many memories. I still have a vague memory of the old forums. I think that was more than 6 years ago, and I still can't stop thinking of this forum even though I haven't touched Soldat for years.

Edit: I just saw Skyanden and MofoNofo make some posts in here, guess they're having the same problem as me.

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #1102 on: April 21, 2011, 06:05:11 pm »
Well hey there soldat. Its been like 3 years!

I still want 1.2.1 back ;(
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #1103 on: April 22, 2011, 04:28:46 am »
Zamorak and swe in a single go? Nice to see you ladies again. How've you been?
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline swebonny

• Camper
  • BUahh...
« Reply #1104 on: April 22, 2011, 06:17:24 pm »

Hey Echo!

Nice to see you as a moderator!  Things have been great here. I've become moderator as well, on a forum called Facepunch. You might have heard, it was basically a forum for gmod, but has within the recent years expanded quite a lot.
Outside my life on the web, I'm going to attend university this autumn. It's very likely that I'll end up studying Computer Engineering, which pretty much would be a dream come true. It's a 5 year programme. 3 years study for bachelor's degree then 2 years focused on a certain subject for the master's degree.
I was quite young when I joined the Soldat community, so the exciting parts of my life has yet to start  :)

It's fantastic to see this community still active.
So, how has it been here and how have you guys been?

Edit:
Might be worth to mention that I'm also taking a test soon which might allow me into Engineering Physics, so I'm torn between Physics and Computer Engineering.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 07:59:05 pm by swebonny »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #1105 on: April 22, 2011, 08:06:27 pm »
erm wolfman from elite?
No, wolf_man from here.

I think I vaguely remember you.

Welcome back.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #1106 on: April 23, 2011, 02:56:39 am »
Why did you decide to come back? Was there some factor?
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #1107 on: April 23, 2011, 02:58:49 am »

Hey Echo!

Nice to see you as a moderator!  Things have been great here. I've become moderator as well, on a forum called Facepunch. You might have heard, it was basically a forum for gmod, but has within the recent years expanded quite a lot.
Outside my life on the web, I'm going to attend university this autumn. It's very likely that I'll end up studying Computer Engineering, which pretty much would be a dream come true. It's a 5 year programme. 3 years study for bachelor's degree then 2 years focused on a certain subject for the master's degree.
I was quite young when I joined the Soldat community, so the exciting parts of my life has yet to start  :)

Edit:
Might be worth to mention that I'm also taking a test soon which might allow me into Engineering Physics, so I'm torn between Physics and Computer Engineering.

Man, has it really been that long?.. I suppose it has. We're slowly but surely getting old here.

Sounds good about the computer thing, mate. Seems all the kids wanna do that stuff these days, but I suppose it IS the future. ;)

So what brings you back 'home'?

Offline swebonny

• Camper
  • BUahh...
« Reply #1108 on: April 23, 2011, 05:26:33 am »

Hey Echo!

Edit:

Man, has it really been that long?.. I suppose it has. We're slowly but surely getting old here.

Sounds good about the computer thing, mate. Seems all the kids wanna do that stuff these days, but I suppose it IS the future. ;)

So what brings you back 'home'?

I was reading something, when I suddenly got reminded of Soldat. I mean a large part of what I did online as a kid was here on this forum. Hehe, I remember when was sitting in a hotel 2006, eagerly waiting for the new Soldat forum to appear (this one). I've checked this forum on and off a few times since 2007. Think I made some posts as well.

Yeah I think computers and computer systems will be quite important in the future (obviously). You will be able to pretty much apply your knowledge everywhere.

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #1109 on: April 23, 2011, 09:53:33 am »

Excellent! Busy. Very busy. Being in University and all takes up a lot of my time. Next summer I am taking the MCAT so all free time goes into that and social life. Sometimes I wonder if it was the right decision to become a doctor! Oh well, can't look back now!

I saw the soldat icon on my desktop the other day and was like "Hmm, why the hell not?", booted er up and found out I was a bajillion versions behind. I started playing and it was like a blast from the past... memories came flooding back of my middle school and high school days. It was crazyness!

Also, swebonny, I freaking love facepunch/gmod. I started playing gmod before soldat, and I eventually found out about soldat through gmod!! That's cool.

I always think it's pretty crazy when I look back at the forums I frequented and find that I'm pushing 6 or 7 years on some of them. Heck, I was an 8th grader when I first started to play soldat:)

SUper glad to see people still active!
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #1110 on: April 24, 2011, 05:57:02 am »
A doctor? lah dee daah ;) I'm actually quite envious. I would've thought becoming a doctor was really something else. But I guess it's the being that's awesome, not the becoming.

I've frequented the forums since before we moved to these new ones, and it's always a pleasure to have some of you oldies revisit. I've actually tried to quit more than a few times, but somehow I always end up back here. I don't even play soldat :P
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 06:19:55 am by echo_trail »

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #1111 on: April 24, 2011, 07:05:22 am »
Please, Echo, don't!
What would we do without you?!
b&

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #1112 on: April 25, 2011, 06:19:31 am »
I know, right?   

Offline Ivel

• Soldier
« Reply #1113 on: May 05, 2011, 08:28:03 pm »
It's been a good 3 or 4 years. Nice to see this place still going strong.

Miss the community, not gonna lie. Well, it was good stopping by... See you guys in 4 years :)

Proud Staff Member of U13 and EnEsCe Corp.
|____________________________________________|

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #1114 on: May 18, 2011, 06:50:29 am »
in china internet not reliable be back august
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

DarkCrusade

« Reply #1115 on: May 18, 2011, 06:56:30 am »
>:(

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #1116 on: May 18, 2011, 09:15:28 am »

Roha bala raj'a.
See you in August.
b&

Offline Stuffy

• Soldier
  • Very stuffy.
    • Climb-Zone Forum
« Reply #1117 on: June 26, 2011, 04:41:16 pm »
I'm quiting soldat. Lack of updates and interest. Going to shutdown my soldatservers soon. Maybe coming back in a few years after my job training. Had a good time, goodbye eveyone.
The truth is out there? Does anyone know the URL?
The URL is here

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #1118 on: June 26, 2011, 05:04:16 pm »
I'm quiting soldat. Lack of updates and interest. Going to shutdown my soldatservers soon. Maybe coming back in a few years after my job training. Had a good time, goodbye eveyone.
good luck in real life , see you!
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1119 on: June 26, 2011, 05:49:35 pm »

What the hell do you mean China's internet isn't reliable? The internet addiction there is so extreme doctors have resorted to using electric shock therapy for it. And QQ, the China-specific chat IM network, has like over 9 billion users.
There are other worlds than these