Author Topic: I'm New/Leaving/Back - thread for all  (Read 292559 times)

Offline Slashnoob

• Major
  • only users lose drugs
Re: I'm New/Leaving/Back - thread for all
« Reply #1220 on: April 12, 2012, 10:48:38 am »
Wow, what a surprise to see so many vets arround yet.

Blacksheepboy, Bonecrusher, The Philanthropist, and yourself are not vets.

Anyone who is here but wasn't on the old ASP-based forums (pre 2006'ish) are *not* vets.
jrgp, you're a newbie aswell.
/true vet (1.0.5b biotch)

Doubt anyone remembers me tho. Hell, doubt anyone will even know who I am.
Anyway I started playing again (a daily hour more or less) since I'm out of the army and got an easier job. If anyone wants their asses kicked let me know!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:54:14 am by Slashnoob »
Former SuperKill

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #1221 on: April 12, 2012, 01:49:56 pm »
I remember the fungus avatar, name as well.

Welcome back to the void of a game.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1222 on: April 12, 2012, 05:46:41 pm »
Wow, what a surprise to see so many vets arround yet.

Blacksheepboy, Bonecrusher, The Philanthropist, and yourself are not vets.

Anyone who is here but wasn't on the old ASP-based forums (pre 2006'ish) are *not* vets.
jrgp, you're a newbie aswell.
/true vet (1.0.5b biotch)

No, I'm not. I'm going to assume you're around 2001-2003ish. I'm 2004. At this point, I'm reasonably as much of an oldie as you are.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Slashnoob

• Major
  • only users lose drugs
« Reply #1223 on: April 12, 2012, 10:06:02 pm »
Yeah man I was kidding. ...You're still a newb tho :p

Is Chakra still around? That bastard had an anti-barret fetish.
Former SuperKill

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1224 on: April 12, 2012, 10:42:58 pm »

No, he's gone.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #1225 on: April 15, 2012, 02:21:23 am »

No, he's gone.

Not completely. I remember some time ago we had an oldboys soldat reuinion session that was advertised here on sf. He heard of that somehow and joined in. So I'm gguessing he still lurks around once in a blue moon.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

DarkCrusade

« Reply #1226 on: June 12, 2012, 04:38:07 am »
Hi guys, this is DarkCrusade writing! Long time no see read, aye? Well, supposedly many of you guys were fine with that, but I wanted to check in at least for the rest.

I quit gaming and forums and focussed on school afer realising that I was just wasting time I could use for much better things. I used the free time I had to take up a mini-job at a local food retailer called HIT where I have worked as a cashier on a basis of 400€ monthly for 9 months now. I developed quite a bit to be frank, and hope you will notice that I am less of an annoying forum-troll who has nothing better to do than annoy people.

I finished school this month and applied for a Master of Business Administration. Today I got the call that I get my education! Additionally, I applied for the youth City council of my hometown and will probably succeed as well.

All in all, I am happy right now. Just wanted to share this bit of my life with you guys! :)

I will maybe frequent this forum more in the future, so see you guys around!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1227 on: June 12, 2012, 07:12:07 am »
Hi guys, this is DarkCrusade writing! Long time no see read, aye? Well, supposedly many of you guys were fine with that, but I wanted to check in at least for the rest.

I quit gaming and forums and focussed on school afer realising that I was just wasting time I could use for much better things. I used the free time I had to take up a mini-job at a local food retailer called HIT where I have worked as a cashier on a basis of 400€ monthly for 9 months now. I developed quite a bit to be frank, and hope you will notice that I am less of an annoying forum-troll who has nothing better to do than annoy people.

I finished school this month and applied for a Master of Business Administration. Today I got the call that I get my education! Additionally, I applied for the youth City council of my hometown and will probably succeed as well.

All in all, I am happy right now. Just wanted to share this bit of my life with you guys! :)

Based on what you said you'll be doing, you should grace us with your absence for another 4 years, minimum.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #1228 on: June 15, 2012, 02:59:36 pm »

Based on what you said you'll be doing, you should grace us with your absence for another 4 years, minimum.

I think this forum is a bit too dying for you, as an admin, to be so douchebaggy with returning members.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

DarkCrusade

« Reply #1229 on: June 18, 2012, 02:49:24 am »
I think this forum is a bit too dying for you, as an admin, to be so douchebaggy with returning members.

I did not return because of jrgp and I expected him to write exactly that. Exactly. That.

Hi Echo

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #1230 on: June 27, 2012, 04:36:52 pm »
HAI GUYTH!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1231 on: June 27, 2012, 06:52:35 pm »
HAI GUYTH!

Weird I didn't even notice you left. Maybe I've been here too long and the years are melting together..

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #1232 on: July 01, 2012, 09:19:35 am »
I accidentally back here.

SUP GUISE
WHADDYA MISS IN MEANTIMES?
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #1233 on: July 02, 2012, 12:33:02 pm »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #1235 on: July 03, 2012, 06:39:17 pm »
Hey Rai-Dei, I hear you have a show called Anger Management now.

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #1236 on: July 03, 2012, 06:44:39 pm »
Yeah the motherfuckers behind Two and a half men stopped paying me in virgins and cocaine.

I've moved on to better networks.

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #1237 on: July 28, 2012, 04:04:42 pm »
Been 3 and a half years since my last visit here. I've found out that Link Dead went dead and I decided to check in. What's new here? Are any of the old members still active? To this day, this is the only community I've really been a part of.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #1238 on: July 29, 2012, 01:00:54 pm »
Been 3 and a half years since my last visit here. I've found out that Link Dead went dead and I decided to check in. What's new here? Are any of the old members still active? To this day, this is the only community I've really been a part of.
I don't remember you but welcome back.

MM found that Link Dead wasn't the game he wanted to build and he dropped and started another game.

The last 3 years had a lot of drama. There was a long time when everyone was waiting for 1.5.1 but in the end it never arrived.
EnEsCe lost interest in Soldat and the new Devteam was created. There were more issues with the state of the code base but we managed to release 1.6.0.

These days it's much more silent around here.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1239 on: July 29, 2012, 05:53:40 pm »
These days it's much more silent around here.

Yeah the only time there are active threads is when Mangled* stirs up some controversy, which works quite well.