Author Topic: I'm New/Leaving/Back - thread for all  (Read 292661 times)

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
Re: I'm New/Leaving/Back - thread for all
« Reply #1260 on: October 12, 2012, 11:33:24 am »
Too bad the community has died out.

A community still exists, what changed is the size only   ;)

And the frequency at which we post ;)

In 2011, I made a post here about my future university studies. Now I'm already a second year Computer Engineering student. Time goes by fast for sure. And I still come back here every time I'm reminded of Soldat.  :)
Same here when it comes down to posting and visiting :)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 04:15:25 pm by Laser Guy »
Text goes here...

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1261 on: October 13, 2012, 04:14:01 pm »
Still here.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #1262 on: November 18, 2012, 10:50:51 pm »
back kind of, but sad that PolyWorks doesn't work on my Win7, even with that one beta guy's installer :( Otherwise I'd be wypt'ing...

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #1263 on: November 19, 2012, 03:49:26 am »
back kind of, but sad that PolyWorks doesn't work on my Win7, even with that one beta guy's installer :( Otherwise I'd be wypt'ing...
If you want I can try helping you to fix it (Quakenet IRC -> #soldat.mapping) later. It works fine for me on Win7, so it might just be a matter of some missing files that aren't included in the installer yet.
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #1264 on: November 19, 2012, 03:54:33 am »
Damn, I was going to ask if you could waypoint my map.. PW works on my win 7

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #1265 on: November 19, 2012, 01:58:12 pm »
I get a MBMouse.ocx incorrectly registered/invalid registry. I'm lost about that, as the file is in both the PolyWorks folder as well as the Soldat dir.
Do you think I can waypoint it via TeamViewer (remote desktop) using your PW on your comp.?

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #1266 on: November 19, 2012, 04:54:54 pm »
I get a MBMouse.ocx incorrectly registered/invalid registry. I'm lost about that, as the file is in both the PolyWorks folder as well as the Soldat dir.
Do you think I can waypoint it via TeamViewer (remote desktop) using your PW on your comp.?
Sure, I got all week free so just name a time. That would also make me learn a thing or two watching you. No hurry though.. I'm not quitting soldat ever.
Will the waypoints get messed up if I change anything in the map later? (not sure I'm 100% done)

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #1267 on: November 21, 2012, 12:44:56 am »
They may if you change polygons around. I think that would be the best way; I should probably start a new topic in the Bot forum encouraging people to try TeamViewer to watch me work in real time. I just found that program a few months ago; awesome free thing!

I get this consistent times when I scroll-click (or Space Bar + left-click) to pan, so given such a basic action I'm kind of hesitant to do anything else lest it get lost or maps get corrupted in saving. Is this normal? I followed a dev's message and did the command prompt on MSCOMCTL.OCX, and that file did register correctly.

EDIT: now that I think about it, it might be better if you watch me on my comp if we can get PW running on this thing. From my limited experience, I don't think TeamViewer allows the remote manipulator to have an ABSOLUTELY full-screen view of the manipulated computer, and for efficient waypointing it is absolutely essential to have a sense of the original 100% view of windowed Soldat to get a feel of waypoint distance-spacing according to soldat movement. (So start playing in windowed mode, lol).

EDIT 2: but if you'd just watch me then it'd be simpler for me to share my screen via something like ScreenLeap for Gmail or Skype screen-sharing.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:52:20 am by Keron Cyst »

Offline fulro

• Camper
  • |F|ront-|U|ni de -|L|utte des-|R|aces-|O|pprimees
« Reply #1268 on: January 09, 2013, 12:51:29 am »
hmmm it been a long time b4 I come back here to forum.. is anything change

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1269 on: January 09, 2013, 01:58:27 am »
hmmm it been a long time b4 I come back here to forum.. is anything change

A few new versions of Soldat but that's about it.

Offline 648Worlds

• Major(1)
  • Gen3x Gaming
    • Gen3x Gaming
« Reply #1270 on: February 03, 2013, 11:20:56 pm »
I came back after a year actually I first started in like 2011 and came back in 2012 I'm not sure if anyone knows me since I use a new user name aka 648worlds when I use to use Ello or a bunny though I never registered a account here at the forums.

Offline VcV

• Major(1)
  • This sucks harder than a black hole
« Reply #1271 on: February 04, 2013, 04:46:23 pm »
Que passa?!
Other than my nick, and the fact that I'm new here, there's not much to be said. Might add that I'm sexy, and I know it, but you'd eventually have figured that one yourselves :P

Offline Yammy

• Major(1)
« Reply #1272 on: April 20, 2013, 12:51:19 am »
Hi, I'm new to the forums and haven't installed the game yet but I thought I'd introduce myself and tell you my story. I used to play a game called Mini Blast in my computer class in high school with some of my friends and it was real great fun. Until one day it mysteriously disappeared and after 7 years I have not ever been able to find a reason as to why it disappeared even after tracking the websites community down, no one seemed to remember the game. I stumbled upon this game when looking for games similar to TeeWorlds, a game I had found in my search which seemed similar. Soldat it almost exactly like Miniblast except with better graphics and from what I can tell, no parry system. That doesnt bother me though and Im super excited to play and just wanted to say thanks for bringing a childhood game back to me.

Also I was wondering how the game is coded? Just curious ^_^ See you on the battlefield

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #1273 on: April 20, 2013, 02:28:04 am »
Moved and merged.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #1274 on: April 20, 2013, 12:24:49 pm »
Hi, I'm new to the forums and haven't installed the game yet but I thought I'd introduce myself and tell you my story. I used to play a game called Mini Blast in my computer class in high school with some of my friends and it was real great fun. Until one day it mysteriously disappeared and after 7 years I have not ever been able to find a reason as to why it disappeared even after tracking the websites community down, no one seemed to remember the game. I stumbled upon this game when looking for games similar to TeeWorlds, a game I had found in my search which seemed similar. Soldat it almost exactly like Miniblast except with better graphics and from what I can tell, no parry system. That doesnt bother me though and Im super excited to play and just wanted to say thanks for bringing a childhood game back to me.

Also I was wondering how the game is coded? Just curious ^_^ See you on the battlefield
The code itself is a mess, but we have a dev-team that are working on bug-fixing and code cleaning. We are close to a new version of the game, wich focus on fixing stuff rather then adding new features.
Hi and welcome by the way!

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #1275 on: May 30, 2013, 01:20:18 pm »
hey guys, got a bit bored, wanted to see if any of the old crew is still here. if so, would love to kick your asses sometime. love, your friendly neighbourhood troll, frogboy.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #1276 on: May 30, 2013, 09:19:30 pm »
hey guys, got a bit bored, wanted to see if any of the old crew is still here. if so, would love to kick your asses sometime. love, your friendly neighbourhood troll, frogboy.

'sup man; missed you.

Offline Fawkzy

• Major(1)
  • :^)
« Reply #1277 on: May 31, 2013, 06:39:57 am »

Welcome back, (now) living forums legend.

Offline swebonny

• Camper
  • BUahh...
« Reply #1278 on: June 22, 2013, 03:29:54 pm »
Anyone alive?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #1279 on: June 22, 2013, 03:36:49 pm »
Give me a definition of "alive" and I might be able to give a proper answer :P