Author Topic: *My* game suggestion  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
*My* game suggestion
« on: June 27, 2006, 04:23:49 am »
Well, with all these people posting suggestions about their new game mode ideas, i thought i'd do my own.

Ok, it's kinda like a realistic infiltration match, but not really   ;D.
Blue team hangs around a base, defending, but their sight is obscured, like in a Realistic match, and once they die, the stay dead till the end of the round. The red team, armed with two knives each (and any they pick up) has to eliminate the blue team, completly, or capture a flag (thats up to MM). Their sight is normal, like Soldat in general, giving them ample time to sneak around, and assassinate blue team.
You would need maps that provided a fair bit of cover, for the red team.

This idea isn't one sided, given that each team has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Comments?
I rule.
IGN: vK:\\ Deadpool

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
Re: *My* game suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 04:51:33 am »
...Ridiculous, overcomplicated, and pointless.

Please, people, stop suggesting things just for the sake of suggesting things.

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 05:30:22 am »
Wtf How is it pointless? Thats like saying that CTF is pointless, or that Rambo matches are pointless. If my idea was "pointless", then that makes all the other game modes "pointless" too.
I rule.

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 05:53:19 am »
It applies more to the existance of the suggestion at all than it does to the actual material therein.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 07:11:29 am »
no i think nightcrawler has SOMETHING OK.  The fact that one team has limited vision and the other has normal makes this all a unique situation!  However, nc, when you said "either kill all of blue or cap", I think we should go with kill all of blue - otherwise blues aren't going to have reason to stay in 'base'.
It's an interesting concept having one team with realistic line of sight and the other with full vision.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 07:28:01 am »
one more thing, how does blue win?
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 07:29:44 am »
Sorry but i dont like the suggestion :(

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 09:29:13 am »
i like the suggestion too, alot. nice. but MM would probably not implement it just by hearing it i think lol... and yeah, how DOES bravo win?

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 10:05:56 am »
This would be only good for people who are good with knife, therefore it appeals to a significantly smaller amount of players than it would even if all secondaries were available, and look how HTF failed.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 10:57:42 am »
or, zamorak, you can view this as a way for more people to practice with knife and thus more will become efficient with it...
I guess bravo wins by gaining points slowly...like in inf mode  :-\

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 07:20:06 pm »
yeah i do like the idea. and zyx stand, your sig says "Ture" power instead of "True" power. lol thats been buggin me.

Offline TDL

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 07:23:07 pm »
I like the idea.

I think the blue team could gain points by killing off reds.
Either that or the inf thing.

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 08:50:03 pm »
  However, nc, when you said "either kill all of blue or cap", I think we should go with kill all of blue - otherwise blues aren't going to have reason to stay in 'base'.

Yes, i wasn't too sure about that, that's why i made an option, for everyone of MM to decided on.

I like the idea.

I think the blue team could gain points by killing off reds.
Either that or the inf thing.

Maybe if the blue team get, say... 4 (or something) points per kill of the red team, and if they get to a certain score (i don't really know what score yet) they win. You have to remember that blue team would have full access to the weaponary.
I rule.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 10:21:17 pm »
thnx jbigz - didn't even notice that....
yeah, i think INF style for blue would be nice while red gets points by capping.  It's not all too easy for red anyways because when a red guy steals the black (blue team's) flag, all of blue will be going after that one red guy while his only defense is his knife and some teammates with knives.  It's rather hard to take out a team that's going crazy to get its flag back.
Also, what happens when a red guy finds a gun...  Maybe let's not let him be able to pick it up...

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 11:08:53 pm »
Yup, i think not letting him pick it up would be good. Do you think that the red guy carrying the flag, when he's running away, can't be seen by the blue team if he isn't in their line of site? Or could they just see the flag? I think the first would be the better choice.
It would need maps with hiding spots, and lots of plants and stuff for the red team to sneak around in, but if they try and kill someone and miss with the knife, well they are going to get plastered by a gun  :D
I rule.