Author Topic: Compilation Error  (Read 758 times)

Offline Hello There

• Soldier
Compilation Error
« on: March 30, 2007, 03:36:55 pm »
When I compile my map to PMS (Using PW) neither my map polys get correctly distributed (Ex. Walls are Don't collide when I have them set to normal) and my background doesn't get put in place. I'm confuzzled...any offer some help? It worked fine before...

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: Compilation Error
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 06:12:40 pm »
How odd... can you post the map in question, and point out what's wrong more specifically?

In referring to your example in parentheses, are you compiling and then saving? You shouldn't be—compiling is already a form of saving, unlike MapMaker and MapMaker Plus (where you had to compile and then save; not so with PolyWorks).

Offline Hello There

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 09:05:46 pm »
This is the map .zip.

This is the overview. The map is off - centered to the left, I just had closed in on on the map for the screenie. The left most portion of the left base is what is causing me trouble. the polys there are set to death, but in game are Doesnt Collide.

I had tried saving -> compiling, but it didnt work.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 09:08:36 pm by Hello There »

Offline Anna

• Soldier
    • my dev blog
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 10:20:53 pm »
Your map is way too far to the left. If you select the vertex in the lower left corner the horizontal coordinate is -12783, while on the right side it's -8236. Move the entire map to the right until the left-most vertex is at around -2000.

The reason the left-most polys stop colliding is because they are in the outer most sectors, which Soldat doesn't use.

Offline Hello There

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 10:58:29 pm »
Got it. worked, thanks very much. :)