Author Topic: "300" idea  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Krypt_

• Soldier
"300" idea
« on: April 05, 2007, 09:07:25 pm »
Took this from the "Soldat Moments" section in the topic "300 Reenactment" (which I wrote in with this block of ideas) and implemented the idea further here to draw more attention.  :P

Idea based off of Kyklis' "Spartan vs. Persian" skirmishes with his friends  [retard]
At the moment I have a few ideas pertaining the idea of a reenactment (and furtherly moving to a seperate mod entirely) which will make modded weapons for all secondaries.

At the heart of my idea, there are 4 weapons to choose from:

Short-Range/ Close-Combat:

The Spear will be the spartan form of a short-range weapon, replacing the knife/chainsaw (the idea may be to have the spear replace the LAW and then tone down the damage, but history recalls that the spartans used the spear as a short-range weapon until it broke or was lost in the field, then the sword was drawn...who knows lol):

The Persian Shortsword will be the persian short-range/combat weapon o' course Wink This weapon could replace the knife/chainsaw respectively:

Long-Range/ Distance-Combat

Gfx have yet to have been created, these are only ideas.

Persian Shortbow [or] Persian "Black Magic" 'Nades (was it a longbow?)
 - This bow will probably replace the USSOCOM pistol secondary, and will be toned down in damage just a tad to allow multiple shots to impale the target and not guarantee an absolute persian victory over the measly spartans.
-Problems may arise in seeing two arrows being shot at once, though it heightens the effect of the spartans dodging capability
-Nades are an option...dunno if that seems fair (or even just?)

Throwing Spear/Greek Javelin(?)
-The only problem with this is that the spear and the throwing spear may look alike...and one replaced the LAW while the other is a knife/chainsaw. Maybe the idea is to have history be changed (allow spartans to throw a spear rather then jab with it) and then change the Spear in the short-distance weapons to a spartan sword of sorts used in the film/in history.

Note: The "Black Magic" Nades could simply replace the old nades, thus allowing grenades to be used by both sides, or you could spawn nades only on the persian start side, and not spartan of any map...could prove difficult...

If you have more ideas or anything to lead me in a better direction with this mod I am all ears. Any suggestions you have to add, please feel free to mention them! I want any feedback, both negative and positive.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Spartan vs. Persian" Game-mode (idea from Kyklis):
-This sort of new rising game-mode uses (or so it was with Kyklis, i'm trying to only use secondaries, since it would be hard to come up with weapons to use just through watching 300) only secondaries as weapons. I took the time to look at modifying other weapons rather than just the knife and chainsaw as was Kyklis' idea. Furthermore, this mode emphasizes:

-No Jets

- Spartan forces should be outnumbered by the Persians (Alpha should outnumber Bravo or vice versa depending on who is who. Ideal number with around 10 people as Kyklis used would be 3 Spartans vs. 7 Persians)

-No 'nades (exception being the idea of "Persian Black Magic 'Nade" on Persia's start side)

-Persians: May not throw the knife (in this case sword) at the Spartans.

-Spartans: May not throw the chainsaw(spear) at the Persians...then again why would you want to? heh

-No primaries may be used (excluded from the choice of weapons) (this is only my idea, I dont know if primaries should be modded and then allowed. more of that later.)

-The weapon damage on both the knife and the chainsaw (sword and spear) along with the replacements for the LAW and USSOCOM (throwing spear and persian bow - up for debate still!) should be reduced gradually to compensate for a complete Persian victory, nor a complete Spartan victory. The reason being that the LAW vastly overpowers the USSOCOM hands-down, though the LAW has a reload time.

-Ammo count should be increased to allow extended gameplay (and reload times adjusted.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... whatcha got to say, hmmmmm??

Cheers!
Krypt_
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 09:16:35 pm by Krypt_ »

Expression.Freedom.Art.

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
Re: "300" idea
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 09:19:16 pm »
I guess people would just shoot the spartans with the socom/shortbows from long range till they died.
unless they had REALLY low damage. would be fun to see a couple of people taking alot of fire but still pwning the other team ^^

it would be nice to mod a spear that could hit at long range. like jabbing with the knife only alot more range to it. maby its possible, maby not ;P
anyway its not a bad take on kyklis' idea

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline As Always

• Soldier
  • ZAKK WYLDE WOOOO
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 02:39:31 am »
Here is an idea for a small map...

TEXT 1: This opening will lead off to a plain, which will build into a mountain, then go almost straight up after a little bit of climbing, to stop people leaving.

TEXT 2: The reds spawn off this way. They spawn on a mountain side. In between is a wavy ground with very few obsticals, with mabey 2-2.5 seconds of running from the base of the hill to the mouth of the cave.

TEXT 3: This will be a blockin poly, covered by a scenery of a brick wall with bodies in it.

Also, there could be a secret path up the top of the mountainside, which could drop you in behind the blues, out into the feild. This path could have killer or hurt polys inside it, so that even if you know about it it can be a little tricky.

Good idea?

[EDIT]
I would make this, but I'm in Canada right now and I'll put it together when I get home. NO ONE ELSE DO IT! lol. Also, the texture should be of dark rocks.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 02:41:12 am by As Always »

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 11:19:29 am »
it would be nice to mod a spear that could hit at long range. like jabbing with the knife only alot more range to it. maby its possible, maby not ;P
I'm not sure but I think this is possible, by giving the Combat Knife the Chainsaw's bulletstyle, and adding a little Speed to it.

Offline Krypt_

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 12:53:56 pm »
As Always I like the idea, I just have a  question pertaining to what you drew...

-Is this view an overhead view? Being that you can get access to the wall of bodies without actually using jets to "jump" up to it?

Otherwise, I think that this could be used to promote the idea of a map used in this sort of game-play.

Can't wait to see the final product!  :)

Cheers!
Krypt_

Expression.Freedom.Art.

Offline As Always

• Soldier
  • ZAKK WYLDE WOOOO
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 03:53:29 pm »
Well it is actually a side on view. If you think of soldat, it would be near impossible to do a top down view of -any- map, really. A top down view would be a rectangle. Or just a line.

Anyway, the wall of bodies would be impossible to get through.

Offline JohnCena

• Soldier
  • Down since day one!
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 06:08:26 am »
I dont really like that idea or maybe i have never saw an older based mod i dont imagine shoting with a javelin well if ull make it ill be happy to try it
You want some come get some!

Offline As Always

• Soldier
  • ZAKK WYLDE WOOOO
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 04:22:04 pm »
Here is the beta of my map. It is just the beta, with no shading, sceneries or bug testing done yet. I know that the bots only half work; The reds bots work, the blue bots do nothing. So maybe the Spartans should be all human? It wouldn't be hard to do. It would probably be easier to make the red army from bots, eh?

One question, is Kiwi.bmp a default texture? Does it come with soldat? If not, I posted it in the file.

The map Inf, the reds have to charge through the cave and into the field (And city in the final version) behind them. This can be changed if it dosn't play to good. I think it does.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 04:28:27 pm by As Always »

Offline Krypt_

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 08:22:57 pm »
Yea, Kiwi is a default that comes packaged with release version 1.3.1 (and prior versions as well) *Downloading now* Will give you some feedback on the general layout in a few.  ;D

Expression.Freedom.Art.

Offline As Always

• Soldier
  • ZAKK WYLDE WOOOO
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 12:50:45 am »
Give me some feedback in a few, eh? A few DDAAAYYYS? /Anger!

Offline MAGRIMAN

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 05:06:13 am »
It is possible..Maybe i can do it..But i need animators.
O rly?

Offline Krypt_

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 10:34:09 pm »
Hey guys. I've been in contact with As Always pertaining to his map that I will gladly pack with the 300 mod I'm working on, but at the moment I am in a bit of a fix in terms of gosteks and sound effects for the weapons. Also, I am taking any suggestions you might have pertaining to the replacements for the LAW and USSOCOM default secondaries. Currently I have...

Modified wep -- Name/pic of original wep
(Persian) Shortbow  --  [socom] USSOCOM
(Persian) Shortsword  --  [knife] Combat Knife
(Spartan) Sabre  --  [saw]  Chainsaw (tone downed damage o' course)
(Spartan) Spear  -- [law] LAW
*See above for modded weapon pics!*

I'm still looking for any ideas you folks have. So speak up! [retard]

Expression.Freedom.Art.

enice

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 11:08:20 am »
is good idea

Offline cyruskek

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 06:49:22 am »
Intresting, I gave the spear a quick go, try it out- its pretty fun. Note you should disable all weapons except the m79 and the knife- trust me on this.
Think you are good enough to play Instagib V1.0?
^^^ Updated ^^^
Don't Fight Back.
Fight Forward.

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 09:59:08 pm »
This is an awesome idea cant wait to try it....

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 01:09:35 pm »
Yeah great idea :) keep up the good work ;)

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2007, 02:53:26 am »
Intresting, I gave the spear a quick go, try it out- its pretty fun. Note you should disable all weapons except the m79 and the knife- trust me on this.

Instead of the m79 isnt it a law i like the sprites really good.
Plus is this idea going to move forward?