Poll

And now, after all of u whine, do u REALY think we realy should have another weapon ballance?

Yes, absolutly, all the guns are not equal and it's not fair :X
No, this ballance is just fine or very close to it, shouldn't be changed.
hmm the ballace is almost perfect, just some tinny changes
I hate all the guns, kill them all!!

Author Topic: Do you REALY think we should have another weapon ballance now? :o  (Read 7479 times)

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
Re: Do you REALY think we should have another weapon ballance now? :o
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 07:23:52 pm »
Im hoping the latter is the case. Especially the solution to spray should be implemented by Michal as the off-screen damage reduction. Considering it was supposedly done to a certain extent this version, im guessing implementing a more extreme version of it like alot of people have suggested would not be too difficult.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 08:19:29 pm »
umm my opinion is that it is good and MAYBE needs some adjustments i chose "hmm the ballace is almost perfect, just some tinny changes"
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 10:00:46 pm »
Meh, people only complain when somebody is really good with a gun and pwns them then they think its un-balanced, maybe they just arent good enough

Offline Bugs Revenge

• Camper
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2006, 04:27:57 am »
Well, I'm realy satisfied with this poll.
People have agreed that this weapon ballance is :

"No, this ballance is just fine or very close to it, shouldn't be changed.   18 (46.2%)
hmm the ballace is almost perfect, just some tinny changes   16 (41%) "

perfect or realy close to it, it means tinny changes now.
everyone wants some other changes but all in all it's fine.
my problem is getting used to guns, every new version we'r just about releasing a weapon ballance since the old one was problematic - spraying, barret, overpowered guns..
now it's almost fine, there'r not much weapon abust - spraying could be solve by other ways out of weapon ballance, and m79 could be changed a bit as u want.
but, about the others ppl don't realy agrees on a change, so why should they? :o

try to think about it over again and if u have a good enough reason u'r free to change the weapon ballace however u want :)

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2006, 05:49:15 am »
When I say spraying should be weakened, I mean tactical spraying, which is shooting in your enemy's general direction. When one guy does it, it's not a real problem: but when two people start doing it, they are virtually unstoppable.

It's no big secret that there's an idea to have bullets do zero or very low damage over 1,5 screen distance: if Michal would implement that, we'd get rid of spray once and for all, and we'd really need only tiny changes ( like apply Skoskav's changes to M79 and US socom, but stick with everything else ).

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2006, 06:01:36 am »
I'd back the power loss idea, yeah. Even as an automatic user. I don't think bullets over that distance should do NO damage, but a sharp dropoff would be acceptable.

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2006, 06:18:39 am »
As long as its done with all weapons (maybe not the barret) thats fine because it reduces spray without making the weapons weaker in normal combat.

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Bugs Revenge

• Camper
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2006, 09:15:30 am »
should be applied for ALL the weapons but barret and law (and there'r weps like spas and m79 that it wouldn't matter).

5th_account

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2006, 10:04:05 am »
Acctually you can shot with those guns from top down to the bottom routes on Run for example!

Offline y0da

• Soldier
  • :: Chaos Hunters ::
    • [cH] Soldat Clan
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2006, 03:55:06 am »
I want it all back as it was in 1.2.1!

Offline swebonny

• Camper
  • BUahh...
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2006, 05:58:01 am »