Author Topic: "Noob" -Getting out of hand?  (Read 10955 times)

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
Re: "Noob" -Getting out of hand?
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2006, 07:54:10 pm »
I had a game once, where a guy named 'hi' joined just before i capped. He immediately called me 'nub xrayz'. Then he got the flag and got killed. When i got the flag he said 'my cap'. I dont ever give the flag to someone else because its their fault they got killed. So i capped, and 'n00b'. Then he started rambling on about how crap Australia was at sports and how good NZ was, blah blah blah blah sux blah blah. This idiot had every single person telling him to just shut the fuz up.

I think that if you think about calling someone a noob, think of something else. calling people noobs so common that i dont think people give a shiz if they get called a noob. Say something else goddamn it.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2006, 07:58:25 pm »
I think I'm going for a record this week on the amount of times I've been called a noob or accused of hacking!  ::) ::)

Haha I did that in a game (Changed my name to Billybob) and was called noob 34 times in one game. They kicked me the next game.

I got called a noob for using barret (NOT camping)

1st place

Quote from: X-Rayz
I had a game once, where a guy named 'hi' joined just before i capped. He immediately called me 'nub xrayz'. Then he got the flag and got killed. When i got the flag he said 'my cap'. I dont ever give the flag to someone else because its their fault they got killed. So i capped, and 'n00b'. Then he started rambling on about how crap Australia was at sports and how good NZ was, blah blah blah blah sux blah blah. This idiot had every single person telling him to just shut the fuz up.
Ill give the flag back if Im wounded or bored.

I get called a noob for that too.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:00:19 pm by iDante »

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2006, 08:37:58 pm »
i got called a noob today cause i had the ruger in a game....he was Like "only noobs use a 2 shot gun, since they arent skilled enough to use an auto!' i wanted to e-bitchslap that kid....
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2006, 09:28:28 pm »
Man, i hate those people who call you a noob because you repeatedly kill them with the same gun (it's generally the M79, but sometimes i have been called noob for using the Ruger, too). So when you switch guns and p00n them some more, they still complain and call you a noob! Geh!
I rule.
IGN: vK:\\ Deadpool

Offline Dathker

• Major(1)
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2006, 09:32:52 pm »
maybe server owners should put a n00b variation slay script so people don't use it as much ^_^

like fractured has a n00b/nab/nub/noob autoslay script, but you can still use no0b or n0ob ^_^
dathker :<

Seancapsyourass

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2006, 11:10:52 pm »
chibi put a script on some of the fractured servers that automatically kills anyone who says noob or kurwa (due to polish invasion ~_^)

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2006, 11:19:03 pm »
I've been called a noob for killing a guy with a HK MP5 who was camping in the white flag area in inf_moonshine. wtf?

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • &quot;forum's-rebellious-cool-guy&quot;
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2006, 12:24:26 am »
he best thing to do is not care.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2006, 12:28:08 am »
Not that easy to do for the less insensitive people... I do that, sometimes, or just verbally (and in-game) retaliate.

As far as I can remember, I've actually never been called a n00b for Minigunning ;D

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2006, 02:54:58 am »
so kurwa means noob? i have laways wondered what it meant
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2006, 05:26:27 am »
I cant turn off all chat for some reason

Offline Melbanana

• Major
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2006, 06:22:58 am »
I never take people who use "n00b" in an insulting way, seriously. Unless I know who they are, and that they are joking.

Offline Liber Lupus

• Soldier
  • shoulddrinkmore
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2006, 10:02:07 am »
It means 'f**k'. Notice how they use it everytime they die, lose, or the enemy caps. I've heard it used to or does mean 'b**ch' too.

If somebody starts insulting and whining about what they don't like I tell them to exit the game. Stop playing it. If you don't like it, why do you annoy yourself and others. Just exit. It's that simple.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2006, 10:26:48 am »
Man, i hate those people who call you a noob because you repeatedly kill them with the same gun (it's generally the M79, but sometimes i have been called noob for using the Ruger, too). So when you switch guns and p00n them some more, they still complain and call you a noob! Geh!

I'll make a spectacle of them, making it my goal to kill them with every weapon in the game.

"Sorry, I thought you'd have a chance against the AK. Didn't mean to kill you again. Must be another noob gun. I'll  try another...
Hmm... I got you with all the primaries and secondaries. I guess they're all noob guns then? I'm confused. What should I do to kill you but be less of a noob about killing you? Please let me know! Thanks! :) "

Really, people like that are annoying, but I think any of the other whiny comments -- "lagger," "hit," "wtf," etc. -- are just as bad. You were beaten. You're not as "leet" as you think you are. Accept it.

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • &quot;forum's-rebellious-cool-guy&quot;
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2006, 06:15:49 pm »
Not that easy to do for the less insensitive people... I do that, sometimes, or just verbally (and in-game) retaliate.

As far as I can remember, I've actually never been called a n00b for Minigunning ;D

The best thing to do is not care. And use /mute.

Offline Dathker

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2006, 11:19:27 pm »
It means 'f**k'. Notice how they use it everytime they die, lose, or the enemy caps. I've heard it used to or does mean 'b**ch' too.

If somebody starts insulting and whining about what they don't like I tell them to exit the game. Stop playing it. If you don't like it, why do you annoy yourself and others. Just exit. It's that simple.

are you sure?
dathker :<

Offline Dentist

• Major(1)
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2006, 07:25:38 am »
Erm... sometimes i get very sad reading these forums. The topic is kinda ancient and overtalked like "Barret or m79?". Just try sometimes ignore ppl like that : "Zomg u fucking nab healer" "Die u fucken polak" "OMG U NAB FLAG THROWER" ro whatever. Just try to imagine that some ppl have been born by an alien and arent worth of your attention. kthxbb close the topic pls.

Offline Lethal Injection

• Major(1)
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2006, 11:59:24 am »
I guess the whiner would stay away from medpacks if he got shot? I know if I get shot badly, I try to find a medpack, because it's the SMART thing to do.

In real life though, would you really keep hunting someone with two GSW's in your chest? I sure as hell wouldn't.
"There is always a cloud above, and a cloud next to yours."

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2006, 02:40:23 am »
you can get called a noob for doing anything in soldat really, using m79, sniper, health, predator, scoring when somebody dies and drops flag, pwning, saying noob is dumb... the list goes on.

My little "Noob List"
Health Noob, Commonly said "Health Wh*re"

M79 Noob

Sniper Noob

1 Hit Kill Noob

Predator Noob

"Got ya" no you suck noob

Camping Noob

Beserker Noob

Minimi Noob

LAW Noob

G*y Noob

I have been called all of these atleast twice

Cant we just stick to Newb? and use it with the actual meaning? Newbie, Newb, NEW PLAYER
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 02:46:18 am by Gold »

Offline R@NDOM

• Soldier
  • Banned
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2006, 02:51:15 am »
Ev-reh bo-dah noob!