Author Topic: "Noob" -Getting out of hand?  (Read 10961 times)

Offline H31MU7

• Major
  • BOOM HEADSHOT!!!
Re: "Noob" -Getting out of hand?
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2006, 07:30:59 am »
LMAO so many names for one word.. pretty funny.. as for mute we shouldn't have too... I ve been called many things Its just poor sportsmanship...

Offline snipedmyself

• Major(1)
    • Multiplayer Game "Mods" ;)
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2006, 07:39:48 am »
deagle spray woot

yet i havent heard "knife noob" for pwning repaetedly

Offline general left right

• Major(1)
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2006, 07:54:13 am »
what i hate is when people call flag campers (aka defenders) noobs.  You'd be surprised how hard it is to take three people down with a barret, two nades, and a knife/socom.  Barreting deserves to be one hit kill, it requires aim more than any other weapon besides maybe the ruger, and we people call me a camping noob, its generally becuase they and a couple people came at me and i killed them all.  I'm playing my part in the team by keeping the flag in the base, and racking up kills (often more than most people) while I'm at it.  This requires much more skill than a noob could do.
Sound Effects and Overdramatics

Offline snipedmyself

• Major(1)
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2006, 08:00:31 am »
You'd be surprised how hard it is to take three people down with a barret... it requires aim more than any other weapon besides maybe the ruger, and we people call me a camping noob, its generally becuase they and a couple people came at me and i killed them all. ...
LOLOLOL made my day

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2006, 11:25:07 pm »
If you get called a noob, i beleive that atleast 70% of the time it would be because you keep owning them and they cant beat you, which frustrates them and alot of the time leads to them accusing you unfairly of hacking, even if your honestly not.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2006, 11:35:17 pm »
i got called a noob today because i pwned some kid with a law like 3 times in a row, and he said "This is so gay, any noob can shoot someone witha law" It was on some wierd ctf server i wont be visiting again.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2006, 03:36:43 am »
you get called noob in survival because it's like fleeing from combat. it may be lame but it's not a reason to call someone noob, the players should simply protect their flags better.
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline snipedmyself

• Major(1)
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2006, 03:58:31 am »
you get called noob in survival because it's like fleeing from combat. it may be lame but it's not a reason to call someone noob, the players should simply protect their flags better.
i agree. people saying "n0b flag ruinner, kurwa!" should understand this is Capture the flag and not Combat the Fegs

Offline Blitz

• Major(1)
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2006, 06:14:18 am »
I was called a

"USSOCOM NOOBASS!!!!!"
"M79 SPRAY NOOB"
"NOOBLITZ"

WTF?!?!? a m79 spray noob...WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ???

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2006, 08:32:44 am »
what i hate is when people call flag campers (aka defenders) noobs.  You'd be surprised how hard it is to take three people down with a barret, two nades, and a knife/socom.  Barreting deserves to be one hit kill, it requires aim more than any other weapon besides maybe the ruger, and we people call me a camping noob, its generally becuase they and a couple people came at me and i killed them all.  I'm playing my part in the team by keeping the flag in the base, and racking up kills (often more than most people) while I'm at it.  This requires much more skill than a noob could do.

I disagree. If you're flag camping, then you're basically just putting yourself in a position where you can pick off the enemy the moment he touches the flag. That's very simple to do; any idiot can hide and shoot an instant-kill bullet at someone that he can't avoid. Camping is part of the game, sure, but to say that it's a skill exactly? No. Any new player can camp well; there's nothing that really separates "good" flag campers from "bad" flag campers.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2006, 08:45:58 am »
I must be a real noob though... I suck at camping, which is why I almost never do it (which is also the reason I still suck at camping). Call me a noob if you want.

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2006, 04:41:38 pm »
Noob talk makes me sick, it's as immature as when five year olds call eachother Babies.

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2006, 04:55:45 pm »
nope the word n00b IS getting out of hand

Date Posted: July 14, 2006, 04:52:50 PM
Oh yeah i hate n00b callers
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 05:43:54 pm by Shadow G-Unit »

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2006, 05:33:35 pm »
I dont know whats worse people calling everyone noob or people whining like little girls when their called one .

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2006, 05:40:13 pm »
Noob's as much out of hand as it ever was. The word is misused and misunderstood. Frankly, it's a stupid word, that should just sieze to exist, along with the people screaming it out loud.

However, your statement makes a little sence. You can't do anything without being called a [insert word, that's pointing back at your lates action, here]-noob. However, the word 'noob' is not the problem. The general idea of ingame right/wrong is.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2006, 08:06:59 pm »
Ev-reh bo-dah noob!

dunno why, that reminds me of cartman...