Author Topic: Frenchie's SAD... or soon will be  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
Frenchie's SAD... or soon will be
« on: April 13, 2007, 04:20:31 am »
Hey all,
idk if any remember I posted a while back about the Soldat Apps Depot I was puting together.
I sorta gave up/lost motivation to go any further because of a crash... until I had to rummage through and clean out a few things and found a backup CD.... YAY

Basically here's a shot of the frontend I had put together according to last modified date last year in April.

http://www.tumler.bendaweb.com/images/snapshot1.png

Any comments/ideas?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 04:23:14 am by Frenchie »
Soldat Lobby Avec Players -New Release! - Updated AGAIN!

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
Re: Frenchie's SAD... or soon will be
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 04:35:29 am »
Nice layout. I'm sure it would look a lot better once you start tweaking the colors and stuff.

I don't think there needs to be a line for the time and date underneath the header if there is nothing for the user to compare it to. Even then, it could probably be a little less pronounced.

The "Suggest a File" link implies an approval process. In my experience, users react better to immediate approval and moderation.

I hope the "Contact" links do not use the mail: someone@someplace.bleh protocol. Nearly everyone I know uses an online email client exclusively.

If you could include a section where the user submits a download to link to the author's forum post (which is usually kept up to date), that would be useful.

Not an original idea, but you seem like the kind of person who would spend the time to implement this right.
Everything you have done in life is measured by the DASH on your gravestone.
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 05:11:39 am »
I don't think there needs to be a line for the time and date underneath the header if there is nothing for the user to compare it to. Even then, it could probably be a little less pronounced.
I guess I was thinking to have something else pop-up there.. maybe a random app link or something..  Or I'll just remove it

The "Suggest a File" link implies an approval process. In my experience, users react better to immediate approval and moderation.
Umm.. This will be as quoted below
If you could include a section where the user submits a download to link to the author's forum post (which is usually kept up to date), that would be useful.
I guess I could rename it to 'Submit a File'

I hope the "Contact" links do not use the mail: someone@someplace.bleh protocol. Nearly everyone I know uses an online email client exclusively.
No way. Just a built in form.

Not an original idea, but you seem like the kind of person who would spend the time to implement this right.
This is certainly not original ;)

But will stand out from other similar sites.
Basically I want to create an area where app/download links will not die.
And also have a mandatory screenshot and extra information/notes about the file on how to get it to work. (eg. D/l specific dll's and link, or doesn't work in vista, crashes regularly etc..)

Thanks for informative post

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 01:29:03 pm »
Good luck with it, make sure you give screenshots of each app and classify them.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 03:47:41 pm »
that goes good, but one question all your creatons have familiar names...
MAD -> From Gatchet inspector
SOAP -> You use it to be more clean?
ASE -> I think ist from a manga seria called Neo Ranga, the ASE is an military robot
SAD -> :(

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 04:03:19 pm »
Even though this is not an original idea but I'll bet Frenchie will make it. He earned my respect with his scripts and all so ya, good work here.

You could also add App specific pages that would list some popular(and useful) scripts for ARSSE or something like that. Just a list with the links to the Topics on this forums and things like that.

Also a news part of the page would be nice. It could be edited with the latest major news about the apps or soldat in  general. Also some links with banners to the other soldat related sites would be really nice.

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 07:29:40 pm »
Good luck with it, make sure you give screenshots of each app and classify them.
Thanks, These will be mandatory

that goes good, but one question all your creatons have familiar names...
MAD -> From Gatchet inspector
SOAP -> You use it to be more clean?
ASE -> I think ist from a manga seria called Neo Ranga, the ASE is an military robot
SAD -> Sad
Yeah glad you noticed. Frenchie's Mad, Frenchie's Soap, Frenchie's Sad... Except I don't like the name ASE Soldat Lobby.. want something like
Frenchie's SLAPs (soldat lobby and player search) -- just thought of that.. I like it ;D

Even though this is not an original idea but I'll bet Frenchie will make it. He earned my respect with his scripts and all so ya, good work here.

You could also add App specific pages that would list some popular(and useful) scripts for ARSSE or something like that. Just a list with the links to the Topics on this forums and things like that.

Also a news part of the page would be nice. It could be edited with the latest major news about the apps or soldat in  general. Also some links with banners to the other soldat related sites would be really nice.
Thanks
-Thats a good idea with ARSSE scripts and things, I'd like to have a link up to the topics but also store the script on the site just incase.
-A news section about apps is quite new/original to me, and I could retrieve the latest official news auto from soldat.pl. And have them both listed on the same page.

Thanks for all comments :)