Author Topic: Soldat - What went wrong?  (Read 9957 times)

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
Re: Soldat - What went wrong?
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2007, 12:39:45 am »
<--- Hasn't played in public for about 4 months now... It's called IRC fools! get it!

IRC lasts for a month and I can't be bothered paying (I'm also broke :'()
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2007, 01:41:51 am »
Well, you don't have to. After a month it asks you to register in that box that comes up. The one where you usually click "continue", but that button is now not an option. Anyway, if you wait a few seconds it will pop right back for selection, and you can use mIRC without even paying.. Muahaha!
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2007, 08:25:30 am »
Omg! Why didn't peoplez tell me before! Ty echo! *applauds*
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2007, 09:40:43 am »
So I tried playing in U13 again, after a lot of time spent in gathers. I realized a couple of things:
1) I really don't see much change in the people themselves since I stopped playing pubs, maybe a little less clan people playing, but there was usually 1 or 2.
2) 3v3 is really much more fun than 6v6
3) One shot kills are fine in 3v3s, but when 5/6 people on the other team are using them, they're annoying  :-X
4) I hate teamstackers with a burning passion

As a sidenote: note that mIRC =/= IRC, and that there are a multitude of other, free IRC clients available.
Everyone calling mIRC IRC gets on your nerves after you realize IRC is a protocol and mIRC is a program. :V
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline Elstumpo

• Major(1)
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2007, 05:49:10 am »
I recently joined this game about 3 weeks ago. So far, enjoyable fun. People will be nice and everyone is happy. However I join another server, I kill everyone. For no reason, the game boots me out of the server. When I try to re-join, banned. There are too many hackers and too many idiots on Soldat. I'll still play this enjoyable game, ofcourse, but it bothers me.

But what are ya going to do? There are idiots, and skilless idiots too. Take any popular online game. WoW, RuneScape, Counter Strike, Battle Field, there are just these idiots who come out of nowhere.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2007, 11:36:38 am »
I also know there's that CW section, but it's not really effective towards I-wanna-fight-you-right-now kinds of battles.

pretty much no forum is right for "omg lets do this right now!" behavior since forums are an asynchronous medium (like e-mail).  If you want to fight someone, go on IRC.

Offline Flacid Assassin

• Camper
  • Gorby The Grunt
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2007, 06:40:14 am »
Hey you guys.

I was playing the other day, and I came across a realistic CTF server, FF enabled. I didn't know it was, and upon storming the front with 2 other players I start shooting towards the enemy, when my one mate flies straight in my line of fire and get's himself killed. After that he goes completely mental, and he starts flaming me, as you know some players do.
Then he attempts to votekick me calling me a tk'er, and he tries to get the other players to hate me as well. However with no result, I was slightly damaged by the fact that no one in soldat gives a damn about anything. I thought to myself, "what is the matter with these guys? Why don't they support a fellow gamer?" I left shortly after..

Now I've been thinking, as a matter of fact there's a whole lot wrong with soldat. Not necessarily with the game itself, but with the people playing it. For one thing,
how can it be that hackers are allowed to stay in a game until they choose to leave themselfs? there used to be a time when everyone would votekick a guy the second they found out he was hacking, but now people don't really care. Is it because there are so many of them anyway?!

Another thing, why don't people support eachother? The game is so much more fun if you go about it as a team, and I don't just mean to gain tactical advantages. I also mean like talking ingame, and helping eachother out if someone's flaming one another. Well, they don't, they just go about with their own business, acting as if nothing has happened.

And this forum? I know there's a server with sforums.com's name on it, and I know I choose to 'isolate' myself when I only play realistic, but still.. Shouldn't there be some feature on this page for people arrange battles in? I also know there's that CW section, but it's not really effective towards I-wanna-fight-you-right-now kinds of battles.

I may be way off on these things, but it just seems to me that there's some basic stuff that isn't right within the soldat community. What do you guys think? What don't you like about soldat?
Please don't flame the very game, but instead focus on the social behavior and such. Also, we all know one hacker's one too many, so also don't yell out about there being too many of those.

Speak your mind..
ec-ec-ech-echo

well me and a mate have acctualy come up with an answer for this... not sure how u all will take it..
but me and some friends are going to code up a program or script that will do what ur talking about... with the lets-fight-right now like u will put in your info of what u want to fight such as experience weapons maps and wat not.kinda similar to the halo2 xbl matchmaking, but not so complicated

u just gotta log into website with ur account and click ready or w.e and when someone comes in with the eaxact info will send u either server info or straight to ingame not sure yet

Offline Lance Corporal

• Major
  • EAT PLASMA
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2007, 12:21:20 pm »
the only think i hate about soldat nowadays is every day i'll run into some arrogant and annoying bastard who cant stand me (for apparently no reason other then my wooping his ass)

like yesterday i was on averax's hexer server and this little bastard named viceroy was shouting out at every person he killed pointing out minor flaws like they were crimes against humanity, finally, i just blast the shit out of him with my barrett and socom (actually a lot more with the latter). fortunately for the other guys he ripped on, he laid off and said nothing, unfortunately for me, i took all of his bullshit.

so i put up with it for a long ass time, figureing "hey, eventually he will realize he's not all that, it takes 3 rounds of me slaughtering him for him to kill me once. if not, maybe someone else on the server will tell him to shut up or back me up or something."

an hour later i have a headache and i just say "fuck this" and i leave and go to sleep (which takes awhile because quite literally the bastard gave me a headache)
Fate is one's way of being a pansy and not being able to take the blame for their own actions, or making excuses not to make the effort to better themselves.

Offline Wormdundee

• Soldier
  • Ruger what?
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2007, 01:30:56 pm »
One of  the worst things I've noticed in tons of servers is that people will refuse to switch teams even if they are grossly imbalanced. For one example, in eC Trenchwars I noticed that the teams were at 5 and 3, so I did the old "Teams" thing so that someone from the other team would switch over to mine to even it out.

Noone switched, for ten minutes it was stuck at 5 on 3, with me asking every now and then for someone to switch. Finally one guy on the other team spoke up and said something along the lines of why should he switch since the teams had been uneven the other way before and I hadn't switched over.

This was true in a way. However, it was uneven when I first joined at 3 to 1 for my side because someone on the other team left just as I joined. I didn't notice right away and then maybe 30 seconds later 2 more people joined so it was fine. It's just so ridiculously annoying to have to play with uneven teams, it sucks all the fun out of the game. Usually I just have to leave because noone switches.

Offline Cappy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2007, 03:42:36 pm »
Yeah, usually when that happens the team they're in is winning so they don't like being on the losing side. :(

[DE] ~ ~ ~

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2007, 04:00:53 pm »
I have found that usually, there is only 1 or 2 idiots, but everyone either hates them or doesn't care. When they hate the guy, it turns into a game wheere all it is is half your team talking and it gets boring and I leave. Or no one cares and he gets more annoying, I say something to the effect of "Dude, settle down, its a pub" and I get flamed and kicked. Pretty much one bad apple spoils the bunch.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Cappy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2007, 04:02:43 pm »
Also what I hate is when people say 'teams' only when THEIR team needs members and not when the opposing team is short on them. :(

[DE] ~ ~ ~

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2007, 12:36:44 am »
Reported, Canavi. Removed.

A simple fix would be to turn on the server's autobalance. I've seen it turned on on a couple of the servers I play on, and it works a treat. If you have the lowest score, you get swapped.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 05:17:27 pm by SpiltCoffee »
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2007, 01:57:39 am »
Let me get this straight.

*Hackers in r/s = will be voted off within 10 seconds
*Teamkillers say Sorry when they have accideltly killed someone.
*People talk in teamchat, not very much, but they do. Especially while CW/ Scrimming other clan.
--------------------------------
R/S is much different world than just normal.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2007, 06:41:40 am »
Most definitely, mate. That's also why I have no clue as to how come people like normal mode more.. They really should give realistic mode a shot.. Sad to say so, I am no longer active, but if realmode is anything like it used to be, it is a lovable act of virtual loonesy. But in a good way :)

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2007, 07:36:01 am »
I'm not sure if everyone were excellent players back then, but everyone was accepted for who they were on the field. There wasn't this hostility towards lesser skilled players as there is today, and could easely play for fun all the time without anyone flippin about it.

by reading this I find that you do not accept them for who they are. I am not sure about the world wide statics but in sweden youths are getting more and more depressed probobly because of their home life and family but also the school where people who feel uncomftubel start nagging on people to gain respect and get better selfconfidence. teachers in school searches from things that is wrong with their students instead of trying to find their strong parts or help those who are genious in some parts. their attitude are affected by their home lives and these who are really temperd in soldat probobly are bullied in school and so on. and because they cant stand up aiganst the evil in school and other places they do it on the internet.

Offline Xaero

• Soldier
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2007, 07:47:09 am »
I came back after a 6 month brake, and as I used to do.. I've joined a RS server. It wasn't fun anymore, now i just play Normal mode.

Bye, good old RS mode :'(

Offline Lone-Wolf

• Soldier
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2007, 09:50:55 am »
You can't expect people to be polite in a game where we try to blast each other's heads and balls off.
Young or old, they will sometimes flip and go insanely angry. Just calm them down some more by shooting their heads off again.
(make them leave the game) :)

The best you can do to make Soldat better is to own the particular individuals who keeps spouting "noob!hacker!" and make them leave the game. That, or help and make a match more balanced by shifting player strengths in soldat. Positive reinforcements to teammates are great too.

I love leading a weak team, losing in points for a comeback victory. And then I praise everyone of them.
Always try to make a game fair by joining the weak team.

It's common to go into a server where it's 6vs3 and the majority does not even care if it's fair. They just want a fake feeling of ownage. :(
A good example was this player called CLOWN. I was doing well in a 2vs2 knifematch and he joined in. He killed me a couple times when I was busy fighting other players, and said "You're full of shit lonewolf. You need more training." and he left.
Later he came back to the game, when it became a 5vs5 match. This time it was even.
I was the EFC, and was wasting every player who was coming to get me. Including him. He left the game after I knifed-jet-proned him beautifully high up the air, it was the 5th time killing him. I was about to ask if I needed more training. :)

Then there are hackers. Personally I don't mind them because they don't really annoy me.
They make the game more interesting. It's like godly beings suddenly popping out in a warfield.

Hackers are fine with me, especially the speedy types that has auto-aim. Why ? Because they are a great challenge to kill.
Sensing their godly movements, their favorite spots to speed-fly too, and aiming my barret at a split second before his auto-aim program targets me, it's fun.

Hackers can kill me all they want, but there's no value in that. Maybe just to fulfill a fake sadistic owning desire they cannot achieve by themselves.
But when I can kill hackers and put up a decent fight it really shows what I can do.
This one time I killed a speed hacker 5 times in a row, and he concluded that I was using a aim-hack as well and left the game.
I just laughed. That was a weak hacker though. The good ones can warp here and there at amazing speeds.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2007, 02:46:37 pm »
Spam by Canavi removed. User warned.
@ii

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2007, 09:23:06 pm »
@Lone wolf.. It was never that I tried to make people suddently act sugarsweet to eachother. I don't even want them to be very polite, I just ask of peops that they will stop being total jerk-off's to one another. It's in everybodys interrest really.

I'm not sure if everyone were excellent players back then, but everyone was accepted for who they were on the field. There wasn't this hostility towards lesser skilled players as there is today, and could easely play for fun all the time without anyone flippin about it.

by reading this I find that you do not accept them for who they are. I am not sure about the world wide statics but in sweden youths are getting more and more depressed probobly because of their home life and family but also the school where people who feel uncomftubel start nagging on people to gain respect and get better selfconfidence. teachers in school searches from things that is wrong with their students instead of trying to find their strong parts or help those who are genious in some parts. their attitude are affected by their home lives and these who are really temperd in soldat probobly are bullied in school and so on. and because they cant stand up aiganst the evil in school and other places they do it on the internet.

I fail to see how you link this to what I said... (?)