Author Topic: (Muted)  (Read 3703 times)

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
Re: (Muted)
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 12:27:10 am »
I guess you repeated this taunt A LOT to get muted. Even the most "innocent" taunt becomes very annoying if you repeat it every few seconds. Anyway, for whatever problems you have at my servers you can find me and the other admins at #lrs

Offline Mr.Spoon

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 04:04:23 am »
Admins make the rules. If you do not follow the rules and get punished for it, don't come crying to forums.
Leo's rules (which you can call up at any time) do not include the use of the taunt "How do you like them apples???" perhaps the admin in charge at the time had some sort of rule like that but I was otherwise unaware of it not being posted and all. I'm not crying either, is there anyway of speaking out about something without being told your a whiner? As I have mentioned before, it was a one time use of that taunt, sounds unbelievable? I was shocked too, I even started asking to be un-muted (please with cherries on top) unaware if the admin could hear what I was asking or not.
Thanks to everyone who gave constructive replies :)
Plus is it just Leo thats an admin or is someone in those servers abusing their powers perhaps?

Gunstar, there's more admins than just leo... me for example or vilho.
I can only say using that taunt isn't probably such a good idea, because it's getting spammed most of the time by some of the people that use it. That and an admin with a bad day may lead to an imediate mute.
If you come back to Leos, just ask one of the admins (if there's one in the game) to unmute you.

Offline [Gunstar]

• Major(1)
  • Local Gunslinger
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 12:58:10 pm »
Many thanks Leo, I've been unmuted quite recently, although it was a single use of that taunt I guess I'll just lie low for a while and focus more on the fighting (though taunts are half the fun!)
"How do you like them apples???"
Paradoxically I'd make War for Peace
The statement below is true
The statement above is false

Offline 2big4u

• Camper
  • In Game: 2big4u - Merry Christmas!
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2007, 09:19:20 pm »
Recently I had been playing on a public server, Leo's INF to be exact and have been muted for my single time use of the taunt "How do you like them apples???" after I uttered what must have been the evilest of evil phrases the admin promptly muted me with the counter phrase "How do YOU like them apples???" and since then I have no ability whatsoever to communicate with the enemy or my team.

This has put me in some difficulty considering I can see the danger but not be able to warn allies about it and yet when I heard that leaving and rejoining the server unmutes me I was annoyed to find that it hadn't worked. Is there any way of unmuting that doesn't rely on the admin (who happened to be messing with everyone, killing them and booting them at random)? Help appreciated thanks, hope this is in the right forum. If not then it could probably turned into a discussion about annoying encounters with admins. 

yeah, cheesey stuff like that is annoying. when i got banned from that one forum, i got "Your too small for us!" >_>

Just let admins do what they want, cuz, well, they are the admins.

Offline Dr3ad

• Major(1)
  • Dark, Mysterious l am the Dread
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2007, 08:22:46 am »
Erm i think admins have too much power the unmute technique is bull, u cant talk to ur mates or defend yourself against an enemy, what if an enemy starts accusing u of hacking u cant deny it then u get kicked? nup its not right something needs to change

The soldier turned around. The last of many who died in the war for mankind, a smile rising up on his face but then he heard it, a low rumbling roar coming from the depths of hell and then he realized.................the Dread were coming.