Author Topic: Team Weapons  (Read 10335 times)

Offline iDante

• Veteran
Re: Team Weapons
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 09:22:06 am »
if this is added I hope there is a way to force predator onto a person with a script cause then you can have one person as red team with predator and knife only and thee rest on blue. When they kill him they somehow switch to red and keep their same score.

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 08:35:20 pm »
But preds too easy to see.

suppart tyotarry

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2007, 11:23:35 am »
Well lol! im glad to see i have support!

However some of you have the wrong end of the stick lol! Im not suggesting scenarios where one team gets Aks and the other gets Steyr-augs.

If you look through the soldat gfx files you will notice that the Gostek graphics have 2 seperate files for both teams.
I want the same principle to be applied to weapon gfx and sfx. When playing soldat, this will have no difference, but to modders it would allow us to change the appearances, allowing team guns.

For example ww2 Germans against allies. Team alpha is modded to wear German Gosteks and German guns only.
While allies wear allied Gosteks and allied guns! Simple!

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2007, 01:09:54 pm »
Also need team sounds.

Hey presto! Soldat is now 40 megs!

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2007, 03:53:30 pm »
Ah yes that is a good point!

In doubling the weapon-gfx files, we would also have to have seperate sfx files.

Its a good point, but really, as time and technology goes in im sure my computer could handle some extra files. If not in the next update it should be at least considered for future updates.

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2007, 04:17:19 pm »
Oh how I hate those file size discussions. There are so little 56k users and the ones that use it could download it because of the cheap prices. And I don't think that it wouldnt fit into a normal hard drive nowadays

Offline Therion

• Major
  • Realism Fetishist
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2007, 04:19:29 pm »
Also need team sounds.

Hey presto! Soldat is now 40 megs!
It would be mainly a mod function, not vanilla version one. Mods like WWII TC have weapon sets for every nation. Vanilla Soldat doesn't and I doubt it'll ever have.
My DA gallery

"Black, fearsome and grim and mighty Panzer division Marduk rolls over enemy land
Striking hard and fast against your lines We blow your fortress into sand"

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 07:12:01 am »
But think of the modding possibilities! It would be brilliant!

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 08:02:18 am »
Don't worry about Soldat size ;)

Offline Magic Odd Effect

• Camper
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 01:10:30 pm »
LOL!

Anyway, I'd love for this to be implemented.

However, I'd like it more if there were an option in the menu, where you could decide which team has which weapons. That'd make it a bit easier.

Military SEALs Mission: Team one, Navy SEAL gosteks, MP5's and knives. Team two, Terrorist gosteks,  AK-74's and no sidearms. The Terrorists must outnumber the SEALs, and the map has to be an invasion of a building, like Zombie House, and realistic is on. And INF.
Don't say that you're Magic. Because you aren't, and I am.
All-around good with weapons that aren't long range, except in TW.
Now be careful out there, soldier.
Best Newbie in the May 2007 Soldatforums Member Awards!

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2007, 01:17:16 pm »
or like in Deadeye Rob warhammer mod, (alpha) Tau, (Bravo) Necrons
YES I USE THAT CONFIGURATION!

but that need to say MM if he want to put it, or that will be big

Offline Drakor

• Major
  • ... Do I need to say it?
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2007, 11:10:57 pm »
I suggested this a long time ago. I still stand behind it. MM wouldnt really have to do anything but code it in  to read a second folder, much like the Team2 folder... in fact, why not make it that? Weapons-gfx/team2 might work. :D and Weapons2.ini might work too.
100% of the people who see this signature will have visited http://Http://forums.soldat.pl. Put this in your signature if you like pie... or cake! :D

Offline Avis

• Camper
  • Aufmachen, Gestapo
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2007, 08:28:51 am »
And maybe it could be coded in a way that, if the steyrauf-fire2.wav sound wasnt there, Soldat'd automaticly use the default sound.
BANG! 5:45 o' clock. It's the police raiding your home, blackmailing you.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2007, 10:31:24 am »
I suggested this a long time ago. I still stand behind it. MM wouldnt really have to do anything but code it in  to read a second folder, much like the Team2 folder... in fact, why not make it that? Weapons-gfx/team2 might work. :D and Weapons2.ini might work too.

Exacly like in gosteks! im agree with you!
And now i was thinking
 Offtopic:
   Select the team color? Exaple:
   Alpha all Yellow
   Bravo Red and Pink

That with the team weapons will be a really good game

Offline Drakor

• Major
  • ... Do I need to say it?
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2007, 03:58:03 pm »
Ehm, That can already be done- Clan war mode... Just join  one team as pink, then the other as yellow... how? Pink shirt, yellow pants... It switched the colors on me once when I was in a server with that setting... :o
100% of the people who see this signature will have visited http://Http://forums.soldat.pl. Put this in your signature if you like pie... or cake! :D

Offline Dev1200

• Major
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2007, 09:42:28 pm »
It would be a good addition to the game.  Maybe red team would be the "terrorists" (which they usually are in infiltration), as them getting Ak-74's and such.  Then the blue team having Snipers, AUG's and such.  Swatlike weapons.

New weapons would be nice to be implemented for each team.  For example, blue team's sniper would fire 2X as fast, but not enough damage to kill in one shot.  Another example would be a stronger mp5, but with less ammo and a greater reload rate.

Things like this could be changed in game options, "team weapons mode"

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2007, 06:06:13 am »
Ehm, That can already be done- Clan war mode... Just join  one team as pink, then the other as yellow... how? Pink shirt, yellow pants... It switched the colors on me once when I was in a server with that setting... :o

no, clan war mode takes the colours of a player of the server, not your colors.

And with the team weapons soldat will be more funny than now!!! but that will decide MM

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2007, 02:51:38 pm »
Support!

This idea is Great! then i can use like Starship Trooper Weapons for Bravo and like Necron weapons for Alpha!

Support!

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2007, 03:10:28 am »
Wow! i diddnt know that the Starship troopers mod was still going! lol! I was gonna re-do that mod!

Offline neon

• Major
  • yay :)
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2007, 02:31:41 pm »
i think it would be cool and a good idea cause it makes sence different erm... armies or whatever using diferent weapons to each other :)