Author Topic: Team Weapons  (Read 10341 times)

Offline wolfbr

• Camper
  • HurBaN NinJa(Ninja hurbano), the power of Thunders
Re: Team Weapons
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2007, 06:26:28 pm »
nice idea,
/suport

each teams would have different weapons(interface-gfx and sfx), but the WM would be equal for both the teamses. similar to game DDAY normandy (www.dday.com.br)

Offline valion

• Soldier
  • you may run, you may hide. but still he comes
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2007, 05:15:47 am »
wow. i love this idea. finaly it means useing things like the 40K mod withour finding gaurds men running around with gause flayers and alike. it would make it more varied and add another strategic element to the game (as well as another reason to take the dead guys weapons).
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.

Offline #38

• Soldier
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2007, 10:00:46 pm »
i definitely support. however it seems as tho a lotta of the people misunderstand and think that each team will be given different weapons when both teams are only giving different weaponskins.

but yea for the warhammer 40k mod this will be tight as orgasm
Real Men Drill Deep

Offline Angelos Pontius

• Major(1)
  • The hammer of the emperor
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2007, 05:45:25 am »
Yeah i will support this ( only being here for 2 days! )

I downloaded the 40k mod recently. I guess the same applies to other mods but yes it would be nice to see uniformed weapons.
Am i right in saying that if you play soldat with no mod it wont change anything?
It just leaves it open for modders to play around some more?

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2007, 06:27:17 am »
Yep thats right.

To a normal soldat player it would not affect anything. But a modder can take the weapon gfx and change them as we change gostek gfx. one set of guns for one team. another set for the other.

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2007, 05:15:05 am »
yeah, this is a great idea.. i wish the chances of it being implemented were greater.

Offline Magic Odd Effect

• Camper
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2007, 08:23:44 am »
It would be a good addition to the game.  Maybe red team would be the "terrorists" (which they usually are in infiltration), as them getting Ak-74's and such.  Then the blue team having Snipers, AUG's and such.  Swatlike weapons.

New weapons would be nice to be implemented for each team.  For example, blue team's sniper would fire 2X as fast, but not enough damage to kill in one shot.  Another example would be a stronger mp5, but with less ammo and a greater reload rate.

Things like this could be changed in game options, "team weapons mode"
I like the option idea, but the weapons you suggested already exist. One not in this game, of course.

The Ruger fires twice as fast (just without a scope) as the Barrett, but kills in two shots.

And you'd be switching out your 9mm standard MP5 for a .45 ACP one. More powerful round, but it takes up more space. Therefore ten rounds less of ammo.

You forgot about my mission idea....
Don't say that you're Magic. Because you aren't, and I am.
All-around good with weapons that aren't long range, except in TW.
Now be careful out there, soldier.
Best Newbie in the May 2007 Soldatforums Member Awards!

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2007, 10:52:36 am »
Ah you see that 'would' complicate things.

All i want to do is to be able to modify Only one teams weapons-gfx and sfx. Not their capablilites.

In my eye (excuse the bad pun!) i want the guns gfx to be changed but in reality their are identical to their opponents.

Offline nethoras

• Major(1)
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2007, 04:23:27 pm »
awesome idea! I really think that this should be implemented! however I beilieve that the different teams weapons should have different stats, it'd also be cool if you could edit the health and maybye even speed and other stats of different teams, this would be cool as hell, especially for mods, like 40k tau could have low health but all their guns would be rather 1337, orks could be tough and semi fast , but al their guns are shit, also maybye if you could change the number of troops alowed on each team it'd be cool, that way one side could be like a small elite squad while the other is a swarming horde of cannon fodder.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 04:29:35 pm by nethoras »

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2007, 12:59:04 pm »
This shouldn't be added as it may unbalance game-play.

Seperate weapon sets for each team, yes.  Seperate weapons.ini file, no.  Now, just imagine if you could have different weapon and character graphics for all four teams...
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline PoX

• Major(1)
  • Sn-Msg
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2007, 01:14:44 pm »
I'm not a modder myself, though I'm getting into it, it would still be fun to mess around with and would open alot of doors to modders and mods could be more fun. You have my support!

Kudos!
“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2007, 02:46:00 pm »
It has been suggested before.  Other players find that it is an unnecessary option.

Only someone who never made any mod can think that's unnecessary. It would give the moders abilities to make mods better then ever. I think that .ini file for each teams should be added too, without different .inis it has no sense. I think that lot of servers would use "old system" but some would work with mods (eg. fast shooting weapons makes small damage vs "heavy" slow shooting weapons makes big damage)

Offline Therion

• Major
  • Realism Fetishist
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2007, 05:15:54 pm »
I second that. Separate .Ini files for different teams would be very very useful for my mod.
My DA gallery

"Black, fearsome and grim and mighty Panzer division Marduk rolls over enemy land
Striking hard and fast against your lines We blow your fortress into sand"

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2007, 05:36:22 pm »
This would be great! *is for*

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2007, 04:41:43 am »
It has been suggested before.  Other players find that it is an unnecessary option.

What else is unnecessary would be gostecks, weapon skins and map scenery since soldat would be just as playable being a couple of sticks jumping around on boring polygons and shooting each other. The fact that we have all these eye candy is to make the gameplay more enjoyable and creative.

Completely for it =]

Also you can just have everything on default, so it wouldn't effect the 'other' players that dont like this option. Hence why this is beneficial for modders.
[/url]

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2007, 04:43:35 am »
Total support! I would love to see two completely different teams.

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2007, 05:25:01 am »

What else is unnecessary would be gostecks, weapon skins and map scenery since soldat would be just as playable being a couple of sticks jumping around on boring polygons and shooting each other. The fact that we have all these eye candy is to make the gameplay more enjoyable and creative.

Completely for it =]

Also you can just have everything on default, so it wouldn't effect the 'other' players that dont like this option. Hence why this is beneficial for modders.

Exactly! If you want play "sticky" game just play Stick Soldiers (<:::>)

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2007, 05:56:23 am »
Different interface guns, weapon-gfx, sounds and weapons.ini is all we need.

Imagine all of the Halo and similiar game mods with all different weapons

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2007, 05:17:35 am »
I still cant belive that this suggestion of mine is still alive! hehe!

I hope it gets noticed and considered!

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2007, 06:22:00 am »
Same goes here
[/url]