Author Topic: Team Weapons  (Read 10336 times)

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
Re: Team Weapons
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2007, 11:22:08 am »
Third...ed...gah, is that even a word? o_O
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2007, 04:02:08 pm »
Err, yes. Anyways does anybody have and reasons why this idea is not a good one?

Offline Dev1200

• Major
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2007, 11:42:46 pm »
Also, doesn't only have to be for modded weapons.

There are 10 weapons, 5 for each team?
Since red team is always the "assault force" in INF

Red Team:
AK-74, Desert Eagles, Ruger, Minigun, M79
Blue Team:
AUG, Mp5, Barret(sp?), Minimi, Spas-12

Or, You could be able to choose which team gets which weapons?

Two lists, maybe red team would have all the weapons and blue team is stuck with snipers? :o

Offline Stiller

• Major(1)
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2007, 07:22:01 am »
sorry, guys, but this is not good. if you step into a public server and get fucked up because the server-team weapons are weaker than the opponent's ones, you will be really pissed.
why not making a weapons.txt with the first 5 weapons being allies, and the last 5 axis? you can hint to this in the server welcome message, and if someone feels handled unfair, he can use the enemy weapons easily.
This is better, leave as is!!!
Playing Soldat since 0.94b

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2007, 07:34:58 am »
sorry, guys, but this is not good. if you step into a public server and get ****ed up because the server-team weapons are weaker than the opponent's ones, you will be really pissed.
why not making a weapons.txt with the first 5 weapons being allies, and the last 5 axis? you can hint to this in the server welcome message, and if someone feels handled unfair, he can use the enemy weapons easily.

At least read the first post before you post your on opinion. Rob is talking about team weapon gfx sprites.

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2007, 10:05:26 am »
Rob i didnt look for quite a while on here but you want to redo Starship Troopers? awesome! do u have information in it already? or can i help? :D

I still Support this idea, hope it will ever be implented.

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2007, 11:45:13 am »
F12 or die with fire.

Offline Stiller

• Major(1)
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2007, 11:43:50 am »
sorry, guys, but this is not good. if you step into a public server and get ****ed up because the server-team weapons are weaker than the opponent's ones, you will be really pissed.

At least read the first post before you post your on opinion. Rob is talking about team weapon gfx sprites.
sorry, this was a misunderstanding! in fact, the idea is great. will change my rating!
Playing Soldat since 0.94b

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2007, 05:44:24 am »
It is really annoying when you make a mod with two very different teams (ninjas vs pirates, modern vs ancient etc) and they are stuck using the same weapons as each other. Different GFX would be great, but I personally would like to see separate weapons.inis too, I mean they wouldn't be implemented in standard Soldat, but modders would be able to do a hell of a lot more. I don't think it would take much code at all to implement and the changed code would be very much like what is already in place for the gosteks. Modding soldat is easy and fun, but until this is implemented, a lot of mods will be inherently flawed.

Offline ChromedGun

• Camper
  • Angel of Death
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2007, 02:43:06 am »
It has been suggested before.  Other players find that it is an unnecessary option.
What else is unnecessary would be gostecks, weapon skins and map scenery since soldat would be just as playable being a couple of sticks jumping around on boring polygons and shooting each other. The fact that we have all these eye candy is to make the gameplay more enjoyable and creative.
Amen to that ;)

I F12 too, it would be up to the modder to balance the weapons. If they're not balanced enough, then one can ESC himself out of the server anytime ;)

@Kryp -- go buy some skills. use /command to bring up the commands.

Offline NK Soldier

• Major(1)
  • All Hail the president of Iran!
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2007, 09:57:13 am »
I completely support this, it would give better gameplay. ;)
Remember, its all fun and games 'till someone gets hurt.. then its hilarious.

Offline haha

• Camper
  • soldier=soldat=game
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2007, 10:20:51 pm »
you can have different weapoons for different teams in the sense of like alpha has alpha's own sniping weapon with for example 15 bullets, reloads a little faster than the barrett, but kills only in some specific area, like the head. bravo then can only use barett or pick up alpha's different sniping guns.
Image removed, please read the forum rules.

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2007, 08:40:17 am »
Well basicly to a default setting, you cant tell the difference. Alpha and Bravo play with the old style guns.

But a modder can open the weapon-gfx files to discover 2 folders. one for each team, both containing identical guns.

Therefore, you can edit the guns in each folder to make them appear exclusivley for each team.