Author Topic: Timer between shots  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Snipufin

• Camper
Timer between shots
« on: April 17, 2007, 10:28:52 am »
So, my idea is about Rate Of Fire.
You see, Barret has 5 seconds between each shot, and you have to hold your freaking gun for the whole time before you can shoot. It's almost like the reload, but you can backflip and roll between shots and the time won't stop.
But the time still stops when you change it to other weapon. Change this plz.
So, if you can backflip with no break, you can change wep with no break in "betweenshottimer".

P.S. Sorry for the bad topic name.
Name:     Snipufin
Position:    Soldier

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
Re: Timer between shots
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 11:12:37 am »
Barret fire interval is 5 seconds? Sure? That sounds too long for me.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 08:52:24 pm »
so you're asking that you can fire the barret, switch to your HK MP5, swtich back to barret and fire immediately again?  That's just TOO unbalanced and unrealistic.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Magic Odd Effect

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 09:45:15 pm »
Actually, think about it, Snipuffin. There is a fire interval thing. The Barret's fire interval is more near four seconds, I think.
This could be good for Realistic Mode (in real life it'd be like the Barrett's barrel cooling off while your sidearm is out), but not normal mode. Then snipers would own everyone, and the Barret would be used by more of the noob population than it is now. Which would be BAD for all us serious players.
The only way to balance this would be to nerf the sidearms, most notably so the Socom and LAW, so your default sidearm leaves you vulnerable while your Barret is cooling off, so to speak.

Negative support here. 
Don't say that you're Magic. Because you aren't, and I am.
All-around good with weapons that aren't long range, except in TW.
Now be careful out there, soldier.
Best Newbie in the May 2007 Soldatforums Member Awards!

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 04:52:33 am »
No...Just no.... I don't want to be able to kick ass with socom AND have my barrett get ready. You might as well say that guns on the ground should reload themselves too.
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Toxic Avenger

• Major
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 10:58:30 am »
This would ruin the game.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 11:00:33 am »
then get ur barret ready first and then swich to some other wep, and time does stop while u backflip in the air or roll on the ground, double check it dude
Text goes here...

Offline Snipufin

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 01:08:44 pm »
then get ur barret ready first and then swich to some other wep, and time does stop while u backflip in the air or roll on the ground, double check it dude
You mean in reload, I mean in fire interval. It doesn't stop while rolling.

Offline As Always

• Soldier
  • ZAKK WYLDE WOOOO
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 03:08:10 pm »
Think about it: Getting another shot ready is about pulling back the action on the firearm, cocking it, checking the moving parts, then letting the action foward again, then checking the scope. On a pistol or automatic rilfe, the working parts do this automaticly by manipulating the pressure created by the bullet in the barrel, the pressure pushes the action back, collects another bullet, and feeds it into the breech, at the same time re-cocking the hammer, ready for another shot. On a sniper rifle, it doesn't work this way; you have to do everything yourself.

So, to sum this up, it's not just the barrett cooling down between shots, it's the soldat readying the gun again, so realisticly you have to have the gun in you're hands, not on you're back. 

[EDIT]
Oh yeah, I forgot to say, negetive support.

Offline Snipufin

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 09:47:18 am »
Think about it: Getting another shot ready is about pulling back the action on the firearm, cocking it, checking the moving parts, then letting the action foward again, then checking the scope. On a pistol or automatic rilfe, the working parts do this automaticly by manipulating the pressure created by the bullet in the barrel, the pressure pushes the action back, collects another bullet, and feeds it into the breech, at the same time re-cocking the hammer, ready for another shot. On a sniper rifle, it doesn't work this way; you have to do everything yourself.

So, to sum this up, it's not just the barrett cooling down between shots, it's the soldat readying the gun again, so realisticly you have to have the gun in you're hands, not on you're back. 

[EDIT]
Oh yeah, I forgot to say, negetive support.
Yes, maybe you're right, but you forgot one thing:
The soldat can't reload it while he's doing a backflip, but somehow he can do his special readying.
So what's the idea?

Offline As Always

• Soldier
  • ZAKK WYLDE WOOOO
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 01:44:45 am »
In my defence, I have to say Meh.

6th_account

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 12:52:54 am »
Isn't the barret realisticly a semi-auto? =)
Only on the spas and ruger would the fireinterval be represented by the pumping and cocking. *tihi*

Even if it is a cool idea, the current balance couldn't handle the change.