Author Topic: Hope you read this.  (Read 5102 times)

Offline kalatix

• Major(1)
  • Game nick = Sirge
    • Cape Cod House of Praise
Hope you read this.
« on: June 28, 2006, 07:57:18 pm »
There are a lot of people saying that guns or aspects about the game are unrealistic, and that they should be changed. But Soldat isn't about being completely realistic, it's about being fun and fair (otherwise known as balanced).

If you think of some of the greatest games of all time (or just some of the greatest games), they are not completely realistic, they are fair. To name a few examples, Halo 2's guns (SMG, Rocket Launcher) could be a lot better, but they're not. They're made to be balanced. And Starcraft (I know this is a forum about Soldat, but bear with me) is not completely realistic with the Terrans, because the technology and equipment could be a lot better. But it's made to be fair.

So, point being, I think it's kinda useless to complaing that a feature of a weapon is unrealistic, because Soldat is supposed to be fair, not real.

Thank you for listening :D
Soon i will be done with the troubles of this world.
Just take this whole world, and give me Jesus.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: Hope you read this.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 12:43:35 am »
Amen. I love how Barret whiners complain about its unrealistic click-wait when they control a soldat wearing jet boots who can survive insanely high falls and respawn upon death.

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 12:54:38 am »
Well, if the barret was like the modern one, it could zoom several screen lengths, be almost perfectly accurate, have almost no recoil, pass through several soldats, and get all ten rounds out in less than 10 seconds.   Now what fun would that be?   :P

Offline Aquarius

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 04:07:42 am »
Well, if the barret was like the modern one, it could zoom several screen lengths, be almost perfectly accurate, have almost no recoil, pass through several soldats, and get all ten rounds out in less than 10 seconds.   Now what fun would that be?   :P
Yeah and you couldn't really run with it.

Offline [R^M]TomaHawk

• Major
  • Bush to the rescue!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 04:43:04 pm »
that would be neat thinkin havein some jet boots and not havin to throw nades with ur hands also that little aimer thing would replace regular sights lol.

Offline kalatix

• Major(1)
  • Game nick = Sirge
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 05:02:48 pm »
actually, the soldats do move their arms when they throw grenades. try throwing one when you don't have any. you'll see. but yeah, that would be neat.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 05:28:38 pm »
actually, the soldats do move their arms when they throw grenades. try throwing one when you don't have any. you'll see. but yeah, that would be neat.

it kinda looks like an over head stab with a bayonet
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Lethal Injection

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 11:55:59 am »
Actually, the balance of all these weapons WOULD be fair if they would have made them realistic.
"There is always a cloud above, and a cloud next to yours."

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 12:53:14 pm »
To make them realistic you have to make almost every head shot a 1 hit kill.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 04:49:34 pm »
To make them realistic you have to make almost every head shot a 1 hit kill.

i wouldnt say ALMOST unless its with a fist. Every gun on the list would kill with one head shot.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2006, 10:56:37 pm »
every gun would take at least half your health away with one shot XD
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2006, 11:09:04 pm »
Maybe not completely on-topic, but as long as we're talking about realism, that's the number one thing I don't get about self-bink. Here we have super soldiers who can take 6 shots in the face without so much as staggering, jump about 15 feet into the air and punch another guy's head off, but they can't fire an automatic weapon for more than a second and a half without spraying between hell and Saturn.

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 03:05:11 am »
Maybe not completely on-topic, but as long as we're talking about realism, that's the number one thing I don't get about self-bink. Here we have super soldiers who can take 6 shots in the face without so much as staggering, jump about 15 feet into the air and punch another guy's head off, but they can't fire an automatic weapon for more than a second and a half without spraying between hell and Saturn.

Being shot in the face, although being extremely painful/deadly/blinding/incapacitated, i suppose if your lucky you could keep going. But a gun is extremely strong. Plus each recoil it makes from each bullet makes the gun jut in a RANDOM direction. Also, you would understand this if you have fired a real gun. have you?

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 05:59:25 am »
Congratulations on your spectacular miss of my point and everything related to it.

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2006, 03:20:56 pm »
What I don't get is why there is self bink in realistic mode :/
isn't self bink meant to be recoil? :p

Offline CardBoardWarrior

• Soldier
  • "The best secondary is a primary"
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 03:52:20 pm »
Ah, so very true.

The innacuracy that results from self bink is quite exaggerated in comparison to everything else.

Offline kalatix

• Major(1)
  • Game nick = Sirge
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 06:45:21 pm »
But the self-bink is there (going along with my original point I was trying to make) to make it fair. so that when you are shooting an auto, you can't hit them with 20 bullets in a matter or 3 seconds. So that's why the gun self-binks, making you fire in bursts and/or a spraying motion, hoping random shots will kill them.

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 10:38:00 pm »
I know the purpose of it. I was just observing the irony.