Author Topic: Why dont people like the idea of more melee?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline chronosca2

• Major(1)
Why dont people like the idea of more melee?
« on: February 01, 2007, 06:27:33 am »
*as above*

i think a modification that makes all melee wouldnt be all that bad, it would give soldat a new feel for peeps that have been playin it for awhile. Putting swords, axes, hammers, maces, flails, daggers/knives, and completely random things like metal pipes or plates  ;D. Keeping all of them on the same damage range of course, just for looks.

Just think about it for a sec and dont scream at me. please? :-[

i think it would make the game a bit more interesting, especially with the charge kind of thing you can do when you prone and jetpack in mid-air.

I personally think it wouldnt be so bad, it would get rid of spraying but would also get rid of barrets  :P

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
Re: Why dont people like the idea of more melee?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 06:36:57 am »
I was considering a series of weapons based on Roman Arms like sheilds, swords and javalens. But its really hard to do somthing like that because i am no good with weapon ini.

Further more, it doesnt make a popluar mod unless you are able to play it with people online.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 07:19:28 am »
Yeah, it would be odd to go online and find out that your javelin is a shotgun in disguise! :p
And the fact that you can't mod the shotgun yet. It would still need to be a shotgun. Somehow.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 03:13:43 pm »
Because basically when you set the weapon to fire like a chainsaw it still fires a bullet. Now this can then be counteracted by having minimal speed, high damage, low reload and invisible bullets.
However the bullet is affected by gravity. Therefore the bullet falls, therefore if you are directly above the opponent a million miles up you can still get him with your puny little dagger.

Sit tight and wait for 1.3.2 and lets hope this can be fixed.

This is from past experiences, I may not have modded correctly, thats what I found though.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline .:BOBOLACUPCSSR:.

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 05:57:29 am »
When you say "Keeping all of them on the same damage range of course, just for looks", I love your idea of different weapons, but if you had like a shordsword and 'shield', you would take less damage but deal less damage compared to a 2 handed sword.
If the weapons had different looks, protection, rate-of-fire, damage-per-second. I would prefer it much more to them being all the same with different looks, Its like the simpsons episode with the "Malibau Stacy 'With a new hat'" type thing - same old thing, different look.

But apart i completely agree with the "More Melee Weapons" ;)

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 06:37:23 am »
Mostly because the knife and the saw cover all types of melee weapons. The knife can be used in close combat and be thrown, while the saw is longer. What can be added besides something that's just bigger or in a different shape? eh.

OBEY!!!

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 08:12:09 am »
i think a modification that makes all melee wouldnt be all that bad, it would give soldat a new feel for peeps that have been playin it for awhile. Putting swords, axes, hammers, maces, flails, daggers/knives, and completely random things like metal pipes or plates  Grin. Keeping all of them on the same damage range of course, just for looks.

Speed bullet to 0 or 1, correct fire (attack animation) and bullet (contact image) =show animation and damage-contact at enemy. Nice for all weapons make meele. Every weapon can be modded in another style fighting weapon (like M79/explosive must have balanced damage.
Good weapon mod and good graphical modification makes primary as meele, so:
Meele's are possible in Soldat at every Primary and Secojndary.