Author Topic: Fractured Servers to shut down cus of..  (Read 7232 times)

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
Fractured Servers to shut down cus of..
« on: April 22, 2007, 04:42:44 pm »
I heard fractured servers are shutting down next version because Chibi is being forced to use Enesces server upgrades. Im really disappointed to hear it as the fractured servers seemed to perform the best for me.

Enesce: What is with you and Chibi?

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
Re: Fractured Servers to shut down cus of..
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 05:58:33 pm »
that sucks, a lot of clans will be serverless for awhile :[.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 07:04:35 pm »
This has nothing to do with me, if he wants to be a baby about it thats his problem. I don't even know this person.

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 07:11:06 pm »
Whats so wrong about the upgrades? Dont they HELP?
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 01:11:33 am »
I guess we don´t know the whole story here...

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 01:37:44 am »
Chibi stopped wanting to use any version of the Soldat server developed by EnEsCe because he thinks EnEsCe is evil. 

I thought Chibi started using the new versions again, but I guess not.

Well for anyone looking to get off of chibi's hosting now, EnEsCe and I rent out quality servers from the west coast and Chicago (respectively).  I'd maybe even be willing to offer a special deal to Chibi's customers, in the spirit of friendly competition....

lets say $0.75/slot for public servers for the first 3 months of hosting.  rentals@u13.net if you're interested (I only suggest this because of the fact that it was mentioned that "clans will be homeless")

This is also only in the spirit of friendly competition, the only kind of competition that I think is healthy to people here.

edit: does anyone here have a link to Chibi or someone saying something official about this?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 01:41:29 am by FliesLikeABrick »

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 03:20:40 pm »
does this affect the fractured league then?

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 07:54:53 am »
http://fracturedsoldat.com/
Turns out this is true.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 01:11:44 pm »
Decent flash vid, a pretty good way to go out with taste

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 01:45:07 pm »

hahahaa.....hahahaahahhahahaa.....ahahahahaaha! Oh man, what a freakin' emo drama queen. I'm drying my eyes here.

Hey this is a big problem. Where are all the north american soldat players gonna whine endlessly about the game they've been playing and rotating their community around the past n'th years now?

hahahaha....ahh, i should'nt laugh.

hahahahaha.

MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2007, 02:37:59 pm »
fracs.net/bbs is still up brit

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2007, 03:00:30 pm »
Ahaha that flash vid was so fun, yet sad ;/

OBEY!!!

Offline Bitem

• Major
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 04:32:39 pm »
ouch what a problem :S

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2007, 04:35:42 pm »
Gee that's sad.. good thing I hate the fractured soldat community and it's servers. :D

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2007, 04:58:09 pm »
"Whats with enesce and chibi"

I don't think they've ever talked.  Chibi hates EnEsCe because he used to be a hacker, and he refuses to use any version of the server that EnEsCe worked on.  As such, he won't run any servers for 1.4 and is quitting Soldat entirely.

Offline truup

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2007, 05:48:28 pm »
Oh c'mon.. Have a little respect for him. He ran the whole community without any fee. He wasted a lot of money on it. Just to make some Soldaters happy. And now everyone here just laughs at him. :S Well, I hope that at least the Fractured community is grateful to him. Chibi's a bit weirdo, but you shouldn't judge on that..

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 07:08:55 pm »
..well.....hmm.....yeah, i'm gonna go for judging him on wierdoness.

It's just common sense that he's ignoring, with some kind of angst-ridden morality taking over saying "if enesce was a bad little boy, he must still be now." ... if he was ever to go back to his antagonistic past, don't you think he'd of done it by now? how long's he been working on the server...a year?

Oh sweet pearly christ, I just thought of something. What if all this time he's secretly been putting back doors on the servers and still making hacks and we're too dumb to notice? I didn't think of that! It's Watergate all over again! That'd explain all the hackers in Soldat that would exist even without his good efforts and improvements to the server! Why Michal? Why!? Why have you trusted him for so long, you big blind hairy beast? You blew it up! Damn you....damn you all to hell!
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline Not Not Muldritch

• Major
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2007, 08:12:51 pm »
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh, man. What a whiny jackass.

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2007, 01:41:53 am »
Posts like these are the reason Chibi refuses to host anymore. From what I have read it's not about Enesce being a former hacker, even though that doesn't help, it's about slanderous remarks made by Enesce about Chibi a while back. And he's not just making **** up, I definitely remember rude things being said on these forums. And why should he continue? He has done more things for the NA community over the past few years than anyone could hope for and even on FS people hardly ever showed gratitude, no to mention the lack of support/respect for him here.

Gee that's sad.. good thing I hate the fractured soldat community and it's servers. :D

And will you ever be part of the competitive clan scene? Not in NA I would be willing to bet unless you play RS. Have fun in publics forever.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh, man. What a whiny jackass.

Do you have any idea what this topic is about or why he is doing it?

Aside from a select few these forums are filled with complete noobs and people who have long since stopped playing the game, FS on the other hand is a community of active players who play competitively and often. It is was what truly tied the NA clan scene together with servers, events, ventrilo and forums. It's a damn shame the  community can only go downhill now with Chibi's focus off soldat. At least he is nice enough to keep the forums up so we don't have to visit this ridiculous place. I would expect a little respect from the people who run these forums or all the retards who come here will just flame in much the same way they see their idols flaming, guess that was a bit too much to hope for.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2007, 02:08:35 am »
C'mon now cupcake....see it from a normal person's perspective. Ya just don't go making a little emo depresso angsto flash then cut off your servers because there was some slander from someone. Slander which I doubt anyone really cares about. Hell, these forums take as much 'slander' daily. Would've been simpler to just whine about it on his black-and-green schemed myspace and create an altered image of Enesce eating a donkey's wigglestick while tugging on a transexual.

And why should he continue? Same reason anyone would, because they want to and/or enjoy it. Think Bricks/selfkill carry on with their mojo just to get closer to Michal's bedroom? But no, can't go hosting the latest soldat server, because his arch nemesis - who he's apparently never even talked to - made it.

'course, Fractured's really an alright place sugarlump, so don't get me wrong... few idiots i'd like to smack upside the head there but the same could be said for this place, and the general consensus over there seems to be a rather continuous negative perspective and support towards Soldat itself, despite being a community revolved around it. That ain't cool. Otherwise, I do like Fracy and Chibi. But as cute a bugger Chibi is, and as nice and cuddly he comes across, he does seem like the kinda fella that could really do with a hard solid screw right now.

Watched that flash again. Hah, man. I wouldn't be suprised if he came round a day later and said he was just pulling our tails. It's so bad it's funny.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 02:12:22 am by Chakra »
Yes, I'm still alive.