Poll

Racism On Soldat?

Yes!
No!

Author Topic: Racism on soldat?  (Read 12033 times)

Offline Tallacaps

• Soldier
    • History surprises
Re: Racism on soldat?
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 04:19:37 pm »
i don't know where post it i think there but...
you think have soldat racism? i say in genreal, i think yes, that have some servers kick the people have in the tag some country name example: [RUS], [GER]....
what do you think come on post there!

EDIT: Poll added, i vote yes

That's no racism. It's discrimination against a particular nation not a race.
Racism is when you feel that your race is superior than others.
If you think you nation is superior to other then it's "chovinisme".

If you hate strange people then it's xenophobia.
If you love strange people then it's xenophilia.

And this two extremes are bad too.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 04:21:51 pm »
we germans are always called nazis! that's so discriminating T_T
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 04:41:59 pm »
They are just kids with big mouth  ::)
Quoted for truth. Buddy come unload those sweet deliveries of truth at the soldat forum receiving station more often.
@ii

Offline Dynamo

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 07:33:02 pm »
half the people that say those things probably dont understand what they mean...how is a 12 year old kid gonna know about how much the n word infuriates a black person, for example. they hear the words and think its ok to say them, when it isnt ok at all.
Feelings are dumb and should be hated.

Offline [Gunstar]

• Major(1)
  • Local Gunslinger
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 07:38:10 pm »
What do you suggest? Mass EDUMACATION for ALL!!! Every time someone uses a racist remark be it taunt, or letting off steam etc. type in your own taunt (to save both your soldat and time) that explains exactly why what they said is wrong, hypocritical etc. Some guy did it with the old "Capper noob!" where he explained that it was the defenders fault for not killing the capper in survival games, can't remember who it was.
"How do you like them apples???"
Paradoxically I'd make War for Peace
The statement below is true
The statement above is false

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 07:53:35 pm »
EDIT: Idk if u know this but PANZERCATWAGON has a little thing under his avatar that says seig heil which s very very very nazi and offensive. Ban him

Idiot.  It means "Hail to Victory."  ZOMG NAZIS USED THIS PHRASE SO IT MUST BE THE DEVIL! BANHAMMER!  If you're offended by a German phrase saluting victory, the problem is definitely on your end.  German != Nazi, and implying so is pretty racist, if you ask me.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline [Gunstar]

• Major(1)
  • Local Gunslinger
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 08:13:07 pm »
LtHerbert means well but he is most likely one of those that is a "Destroy evil at any cost!", this often leads to contradictions and minor errors in his theory. However Panzer's avatar does show a cat wearing the axis cross medal which does appear to show that the context is based on Nazi's (that and it's Hitler resembling mustache). However that doesn't necessarily mean that its offensive, he may be ridiculing Hitler/Nazi's or he may like them. Ok, arguing with myself is strange...I'll stop now. :-\

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2007, 08:45:53 pm »
Did you know that the swastika (The symbol used by the nazi army) Just means "Power".
Thats it.
It only has nazi ties when it is worn on an arm band with a red background and a white disk around it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 08:48:09 pm by mxyzptlk »

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline As Always

• Soldier
  • ZAKK WYLDE WOOOO
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 06:21:00 am »
ugh racists and biggots make me sick. all those white power nazis are a bunch of bull. The only reason young people become skinheads and **** is through propoganda spread by the old guys who grew up with the race riots and stuff. they spread propoganda through music liek heavy metal with german speaking nazi bands. Anyone who can hate another person because of race or religion makes me sick and should be banned from EVERY server in soldat. Plus why would you express such a thing on soldat? you know itll get u kicked from a server and its pretty moronic. So if u have raceist or bigot thoughts fine thats your right but dont go spaming soldat with these tags, names, and talking ****. People who do that should be ashamed of themselves. Im white and christian so im not the one being put down here but i have friends of other ethnicities and i can tell u first hand sterotypes arnt true. So those of you who feel the need to publicly express your pointless hate need to go shoot yourselves and lets hate something together like George W. Bush

EDIT: Idk if u know this but PANZERCATWAGON has a little thing under his avatar that says seig heil which s very very very nazi and offensive. Ban him

I don't know where to begin with the incorrectness of this post. First, you are hippocrytical in that you say racists and biggots are wrong, but you are discriminating against heavy metal. There is nothing inhearantly wrong with electric guitars with a different equality balance in the amplifiers, and some loud roaring voices, and some fast drums. Sure, if they say something racist, then yeah, it's bad, but there could just as soon be something said like that in a pop song or country-western.

Also, with a (attempted) speech so strongly about anti-racism, you shouldn't end it with a joke like "Lets hate someone together like George Bush".

And "Heil" is german for victory. Nothing bad. The Nazi parties, numbering in the thousands, would shout "sieg heil!" Which ment Hail (to) Victory. The nazi's DID say heil, but then again they probably said a whole lot of words. If PANZERCATWAGON had written Heil Hitler!, now THAT would be a problem. But get you're facts straight before you start accusing someone.

Before you flame back, I'm not supporting racism, but you're hyppocritical and incorrect views, in my opinion, are not the right way to go about expressing your distaste.

Regards,

As Always.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 06:25:29 am by As Always »

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 07:04:20 am »

Yeah, I know. It's strange really, 'cause todays Germans are probably less nazistic than anyone else on the planet. In fact, most of them are anti-nazi, so it's a little contadicting.

I'm from Denmark, and my country is one of big prejudism towards everything foreign, even such as germany. I'm no racist or anything myself, but I can definitely tell there's alot of hate stored up by people here.
Even with the war, which happened 60 years ago, people here badmouth you as if they themselfs were occupied.. And that's the great part, we never engaged war against you, we just sat back and let ourselfs be occupied. We should be ashamed of ourselfs for doing nothing, but instead we take it out on you guys.

We're all whiny bitches, and that's all there is to it. I don't know why, though..

But yeah, i've definitely seen alot of racism in soldat. I used to think the internet was more or less racism free, in terms of you being able to simply log off, but I was way wrong.
In fact, there's more prejudices here than everywhere else on earth, but luckely it's now coming from single celled "groups" instead of actualy groups. Like, rasist people tend to prey in groups in the real life, but on the internet you can easely go one about it alone if you want, 'cause no one can really get to you. Luckely the effect of a one man racist army is way less than the other, so I don't pay much attention.

I think it's stupid anyhow.

ec-ec-ech-echo
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2007, 04:39:06 pm »

Yeah, I know. It's strange really, 'cause todays Germans are probably less nazistic than anyone else on the planet. In fact, most of them are anti-nazi, so it's a little contadicting.

I'm from Denmark, and my country is one of big prejudism towards everything foreign, even such as germany. I'm no racist or anything myself, but I can definitely tell there's alot of hate stored up by people here.
Even with the war, which happened 60 years ago, people here badmouth you as if they themselfs were occupied.. And that's the great part, we never engaged war against you, we just sat back and let ourselfs be occupied. We should be ashamed of ourselfs for doing nothing, but instead we take it out on you guys.

We're all whiny *****es, and that's all there is to it. I don't know why, though..

But yeah, i've definitely seen alot of racism in soldat. I used to think the internet was more or less racism free, in terms of you being able to simply log off, but I was way wrong.
In fact, there's more prejudices here than everywhere else on earth, but luckely it's now coming from single celled "groups" instead of actualy groups. Like, rasist people tend to prey in groups in the real life, but on the internet you can easely go one about it alone if you want, 'cause no one can really get to you. Luckely the effect of a one man racist army is way less than the other, so I don't pay much attention.

I think it's stupid anyhow.

ec-ec-ech-echo
Remember when someone called me hitler? that was hilarious.

Racism is prevalent anywhere people can gather and think (or lack the ability to think outside their color), it will probably be that way for a few generations.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline 2big4u

• Camper
  • In Game: 2big4u - Merry Christmas!
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2007, 04:41:52 pm »
i hate racism.

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2007, 04:42:49 pm »
I wouldn't care even if I had written Heil Hitler. You can suck at least two of my seven malformed cocks for all I care.

The Seig Heil, the Nazi-Cat, the Swastika and anything else you may conjur, is a joke and is nothing more than that. If anyone wishes to take it any further than that, then that's your problem - not mine. Likewise, if you wish to mock me, my views, my beliefs or my religion in any way shape or form then please feel free to do so. I won't be offended because it's the internet and I'm only here to enjoy myself. Just be prepared to face remarks back in your direction if you do.

Just to make sure I'm on-topic; If everyone ignored race and just saw people then we'd have no problems and we could get on with killing ourselves with cigarettes and alcohol much faster. So lets just all get along.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 04:44:58 pm by PANZERCATWAGON »

Offline [Gunstar]

• Major(1)
  • Local Gunslinger
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2007, 06:03:52 pm »
Globalisation anyone? Down with Nationalism! Hey...who smited me!?

Offline Jæson

• Soldier
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2007, 03:10:53 am »
the Nazi-Cat

What a fine cat that is, I might add.

Anyway, racism is everywhere. You can find it in the deepest depths of any crevice found on the internet, the planet, etc. I've learned to not care about it. So some obese kid says, "You scandinavians have ugly hair and smell like feces." my initial reaction is to laugh and then go on with whatever it is I was doing. It's a touchy subject, sure, but only if you make it a touchy subject.

I think at least 50% of the racism exhibited in Soldat is not deliberate. Hell, I'd be suprised if anyone knew spot-on a persons race, sexual preference or religious choice just by shooting at his little pixelated character in a 2d online video game.
Miss your shots, miss your chance.

Offline katheb

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2007, 05:40:55 am »
I wonder what people will do when they know im a muslim ,Oh noes!

Offline FannyBoy

• Soldier
  • Mwhaha!
    • |> Slavia Ultras <|
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2007, 07:14:17 am »
In Czech Republic, there is more percents off nazzis. Of course, in Germany there are more nazzis then in Czech Republic because Germany is bigger. But I'm talking about percents. It sux. So stfu about Germans they are nazzi if many states have more percents of nazzis then Germans. (I am czech)

Offline HEX

• Major
  • =tNt=
    • SoldatX Brazilian Community
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2007, 07:19:10 am »
I never got kicked from servers because of country tags, but when some people knows where I am from some kind of racism is used against me. Most part of those racists guys are german (I believe germans are less racist than 30 years ago, but keep being the most racist people at soldat). I don't know if its a historical or genetical problem...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 07:30:36 am by HEX »

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2007, 07:24:02 am »
Ok, yesterday i was playing in eC TW and one man calls himself ''nazi'' and all the time was saying ''gay'' when he dies or talking in german, he was voted but i left of the server before that i said to he:
 ' look the eC rules, you can talk only on english' but he continues, and saying gay to the people, discriminated or he is discriminating?

Offline gedazz

• Camper
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2007, 09:23:20 am »
Did you know that the swastika (The symbol used by the nazi army) Just means "Power".
Thats it.
It only has nazi ties when it is worn on an arm band with a red background and a white disk around it.
And in Lithuania it means Sun.