Poll

Racism On Soldat?

Yes!
No!

Author Topic: Racism on soldat?  (Read 12024 times)

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Racism on soldat?
« on: April 23, 2007, 01:44:52 pm »
i don't know where post it i think there but...
you think have soldat racism? i say in genreal, i think yes, that have some servers kick the people have in the tag some country name example: [RUS], [GER]....
what do you think come on post there!

EDIT: Poll added, i vote yes
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 01:57:08 pm by -Skykanden- »

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
Re: Racism on soldat?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 01:52:50 pm »
thy just want to say where thy're from so when thy find people thy know thy can talk....and sometimes it could be a clantag...

and there is racism yes, but there will never be something to stop this, it's just stuppid kids trying to 'be cool & funny'

LtHerbert

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 01:52:59 pm »
ugh racists and biggots make me sick. all those white power nazis are a bunch of bull. The only reason young people become skinheads and **** is through propoganda spread by the old guys who grew up with the race riots and stuff. they spread propoganda through music liek heavy metal with german speaking nazi bands. Anyone who can hate another person because of race or religion makes me sick and should be banned from EVERY server in soldat. Plus why would you express such a thing on soldat? you know itll get u kicked from a server and its pretty moronic. So if u have raceist or bigot thoughts fine thats your right but dont go spaming soldat with these tags, names, and talking ****. People who do that should be ashamed of themselves. Im white and christian so im not the one being put down here but i have friends of other ethnicities and i can tell u first hand sterotypes arnt true. So those of you who feel the need to publicly express your pointless hate need to go shoot yourselves and lets hate something together like George W. Bush

EDIT: Idk if u know this but PANZERCATWAGON has a little thing under his avatar that says seig heil which s very very very nazi and offensive. Ban him
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 02:01:10 pm by LtHerbert »

Offline Stealth

• Soldier
    • Just Deserts...
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 02:00:42 pm »
Im white and christian

...need to go shoot yourselves and lets hate something together

You seem to contradict yourself with your comments there. As a fellow Christian myself, just sayin'...

And I don't know if you can come to conclusions about rasicism so fast. is there rasicism in Soldat? Probably, just like anywhere else. But how about the fact that a server might kick someone with those tags simply because of ping? Thanks to those tags, an admin will know, "Oh man, this dude is from over there, he'll lag up my server" so he gets the boot.  :P
Soldat on Linux: It does work! Need help?

Offline gedazz

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 02:02:37 pm »
Well, there sometimes happen to play with some racists. Like guys with nicknames "gay killer" or something like that. When I kill such player in-game I always say something like "Die racist!"
So, yes, there is racism in Soldat, but it doesn't happen often. It's not a huge problem (it is problem of the whole world, of course).

Offline Slayer DZ

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 02:10:31 pm »
i know one racist, a big big one...

Offline TDL

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 02:11:27 pm »
I have seen my share of racists in soldat. And due to some unforeseen mutation the lord part of my name usually turns to indicate that I am a lord that prefers men. I usually just respond to such notions with either my special "Old and uncreative" taunt or say out one of my most cunning responses: "Aww you find me attractive that way" It's not really that much of a problem as long as you understand that it's their fear that they show. And that fear of difference shall haunt them trough their life.

And after all else there is the all mighty /mute, your best solution to EVERYTHING.

Offline Assassin

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 02:15:39 pm »
Yes. A dude asked in server if anybody is homo. A guy said and he got kicked. =/ A good example.
None yet. I_I

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 02:16:30 pm »
Ok one racist but is an insult say to one person Nazi to a GER because had a war in the past, that need to say the person if he thinks that was a good idea, 'a war is not only a calamity who goes to think that was between brothers ' that say a song, and i think there have some servers is reason to ban talk in other idiom, i play in eC servers i like that servers but i don't like that rule.

Offline [Gunstar]

• Major(1)
  • Local Gunslinger
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 02:17:02 pm »
I myself haven't experienced many racist/fascist people on Soldat during my time here. Those that I do are often voted from a game as they have the habit of rubbing up people the wrong way who agree with them. People are often sadly subdued during a racists rant. They keep quiet in case he/she starts on them accusing them of being a "man who likes other men (filter)" or "Muslim".

Some people even use the skin colour (stop trying to spell check with the American word color!) I choose (which is actually an accurate representation, I'm Asian) to base their insults on, having often been called Paki and a slave (which is African, not Asian).

On the joking side, could you be racist/fascist against "noobs"? If so then AntiN00b deserves the biggest BANzooka shoved down his throat. All his taunts involve the word "noob"
"How do you like them apples???"
Paradoxically I'd make War for Peace
The statement below is true
The statement above is false

LtHerbert

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 02:30:19 pm »
Fluffy is probobly the most racist person on these forums (facist too) just look at his sig and the posts he made on the joke thread. he makes me sick

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 02:31:40 pm »
Nah, well not to me anyway.

Those Soldat guys-dressed-as-chicks love aussies :D

Offline nutemo

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 02:48:06 pm »
IMO Racism is bloody wrong. But racist humour is alright, as long as it's a joke.

LtHerbert

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 02:49:40 pm »
no he is taking it seriously obviously.

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 02:56:37 pm »
Well, racism is infact not that big of a problem.
Most of the racist terms aren't really said in offensive manner I have 'Shyit Nigguhs' as a taunt according to Rich Boy - Throw some D's =P

But I had this a few times that I was called a Nazi for being german, and those guys were very serious about that. This is pissing me off, just because I hate Nazis and those people think germany would still be only Nazis and such. Based on a lack of knowledge about anything, those freaks start insulting me with that shit and start votekicks. Suckers.

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 03:17:03 pm »
Oh, give it a break. People, in general, are assholes. People on the internet who play most shooting games (12-18 year olds, for example) can be really racist and offensive simply because this is the internet.

Woohoo, some white kid in Texas calls a black skinned Soldat a "nigga." Big fucking deal, there's nothing you can do about it anyway, leave the server or request they get kicked. I hate to say it, but you're not going to run into too many nice people on shooting games, much less the internet as a whole. Get over it. Someone calls you that in real life, punch their fucking face in, but on the internet, just know that the person insulting you probably has some sort of issue, and is probably more frustrated with themselves than you are with them.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 03:24:44 pm »
Ahh fellow christians, we are coming to take over  [fist]

Mainly the racism is just bored little kids looking to piss someone off for some amussment in their sad little lives. Same with the socalled nazis and such. Just go about your business and let them whore themselves for a laugh or two. Oddly just to through this in I knew a racist guy, he doesn't go around screaming "DEATH TO NIGGERS!" but he does not like black people, other then that he was a fun guy to hang around.
@ii

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 03:27:10 pm »
I voted yes on the poll. does that mean I vote yes for racism on soldat or that I think there is racism in soldat?
anyway I've never seen any racist soldat players (that I can remember right now anyway)

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 03:41:42 pm »
Voted No. Why? Because sure there might be some real racists but it's mostly some idiot that gets angry for whatever you do and has nothing with racism to do..

OBEY!!!

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 03:53:31 pm »
They are just kids with big mouth  ::)