Author Topic: LAW  (Read 1901 times)

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
LAW
« on: April 23, 2007, 09:12:15 am »
What do you think about that the soldier would throw the LAW after shoot and get new form arm or something like this. I mean throwing like SRAW in BF2. I'm no proposing that cause I'm makin' BF2 mod but cause' M72 LAW is "one use" weapon too so it would be more realoistic.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 09:17:03 am by PaFel »

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Re: LAW
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 09:13:15 am »
that can be repaired putting some green (of transparece)

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 09:16:13 am »
No, he's suggesting that the soldier would actually throw out the LAW after shooting it and then pick up a new, loaded one, from.. somewhere.

Offline Magic Odd Effect

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 09:18:31 am »
Just like the REAL LAW, the AT-4.

One time use.

The Soldat LAW is more like a bazooka. It can be reloaded with another missile.

It wouldn't be that good.
Don't say that you're Magic. Because you aren't, and I am.
All-around good with weapons that aren't long range, except in TW.
Now be careful out there, soldier.
Best Newbie in the May 2007 Soldatforums Member Awards!

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 09:42:05 am »
F11'd.

A real LAW can be reloaded of course.

This is useless and would be annoying.

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 10:01:39 am »

No. It's "ONE USE[/i][/u] weapon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M72_LAW
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 10:03:14 am by PaFel »

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 12:53:34 pm »
I think it would be cool if you had to throw away the LAW you just fired before another one reloads.
(not just because I am a bf2 player)

kinda useless, but cool ;)

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 02:45:30 pm »

Yeah nice, I got pwned >_>

But anyways, I don't like the idea.

LtHerbert

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 02:48:24 pm »
why did u use wikipedia as a fact data base? wikipedia sucks because
ANYONE WITH A COMPUTOR can go on it and change anything they want. So dont use wikipedia its not a crdible fact source

Offline y0da

• Soldier
  • :: Chaos Hunters ::
    • [cH] Soldat Clan
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 03:17:34 pm »

The Wikipedia isn't a reliable encyclopedia. Try to face it with your worse teacher.

Edit: To proof it to you, there was a test made for 13-years-old kids, all over our country. Of course the stupid commision used the Wikipedia. Unfortunately there was a mistake in the date. All got fu** up.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 03:21:00 pm by y0da »

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 03:28:13 pm »
The entire internet isn't a reliable source, LtHerbert, any idiot can go on and make a webpage. On Wikipedia, there's seems to be an ever-present staff of "Wiki-Police" who fix pages after morons try to edit them.

If the wiki article wasn't enough then:
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m72.htm
http://www.world.guns.ru/grenade/gl12-e.htm
http://www.answers.com/topic/m72-law - same as the wikipedia article
http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/army_board_study_guide_topics/m72/m72-study-guide.shtml

On top of all that, it's always issued as round of ammunition, one shot.

Offline {depth}shaman

• Soldier
  • I'm Warning lvl 1! So i suggest you lay low
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 04:11:44 pm »
okay, is this a debate about the internet or about changing the law? I don't support this. It would make the law to weak, and if you pulled out another one its kind of like, what? my guy is caring around an infinite number of one-time use laws? Where's he keep them? up his arse?
Life's like a shit sandwich. The more bread you have, the less shit goes down with each bite.

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 12:32:22 am »
I don't support because I like reloading my LAW (Even though it takes like 9 seconds). I don't care if that's unrealistic, none of soldat is.
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 02:29:13 am »
okay, is this a debate about the internet or about changing the law? I don't support this. It would make the law to weak, and if you pulled out another one its kind of like, what? my guy is caring around an infinite number of one-time use laws? Where's he keep them? up his arse?

he keep them the same place as his infinite amount of gun magazines and m79 granades I would suppose

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 03:21:11 am »
For LtHerbert and other who don't like Wikipedia. I think in that the articles about weapons in Wiki are enought to support an argument. Nfsjunkie91 thank for serching other sites about LAW. I didn't have time. So now please to post your opinions not to quarrel about that LAW is "one shoot weapon or not. It is so one more time I please to only post opinions abot my idea.

why did u use wikipedia as a fact data base? wikipedia sucks because
ANYONE WITH A COMPUTOR can go on it and change anything they want. So dont use wikipedia its not a crdible fact source

"It was a revolutionary idea: a pre-packaged rocket which could be fired and the launcher then thrown away"

Ok so where gostek keeps all that magazines and LAW missles? If he can keep all that things he also could keep "few" LAW launchers. I know that Soldat is not very realistic game but why when you reloading any weapon like for e.g. AK gostek pulls used magazine? Is it unnecessarily? I don't think so. I think that LAW should be realistic too (at least in that case)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 03:27:57 am by PaFel »

LtHerbert

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 05:51:33 am »
well if u wanna make a mod for yourself i guess ud have to make the law gfx just one big clip so when u reload u get rd of it and when another is ready it magicaly apears. other tahn that i domnt think the configuration of soldat should be changed for that purpose so u can pick up a LAW like u pick up grenades

and for the record next time only trust either .org .gov or .edu sites for information and facts.  or sites that you know are credible like encyclopidia britanica website.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 05:54:32 am by LtHerbert »

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 06:26:37 am »
well if u wanna make a mod for yourself i guess ud have to make the law gfx just one big clip so when u reload u get rd of it and when another is ready it magicaly apears. other tahn that i domnt think the configuration of soldat should be changed for that purpose so u can pick up a LAW like u pick up grenades

and for the record next time only trust either .org .gov or .edu sites for information and facts.  or sites that you know are credible like encyclopidia britanica website.

You sound an awful lot like my science teacher. Who trusts the government anyway?

I do support this idea, it'd look pretty cool, but the dead LAW would have to look a little different, I think, otherwise someone might try to pick it up, unless it just hits the ground and disappears in like 1 and a half seconds.