Author Topic: I need help with scenery.  (Read 1166 times)

Offline .:BOBOLACUPCSSR:.

• Major(1)
I need help with scenery.
« on: April 24, 2007, 10:07:56 pm »
I am really enjoying Soldat MapMaker, but i have no idea how to do scenery, like the hiding bushes and all that, and how do i get different textures?

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
Re: I need help with scenery.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 11:20:00 pm »
I would suggest using PolyWorks instead of the official MapMaker.  It doesn't have as good of a control scheme, but it's much more useful.  If you must use MapMaker, at least use MapMakerPlus.

For MapMaker/MapMakerPlus:
"Hiding scenery" is really just a matter of changing the transparency slider on the right side of the screen before you place a piece of scenery.  All the way to the left is invisible, and all the way to the right makes your scenery without any transparency.

You might also find the buttons below the slider useful as they place the scenery according to their descriptions.

For PolyWorks:
Find the window titled "Palette" and look for Opacity.  This is the same thing as your transparency slider, but with numbers.  These numbers are expressed as percentages (100% means that the scenery is 100% visible, etc.).  Then place your scenery.

If your scenery has already been placed and you want to alter the opacity, just select it with the Vertex Selection Tool (Hotkey: S) and alter its values in the "Properties" window.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 11:21:50 pm by VijchtiDoodah »

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 11:48:04 pm »
In PolyWorks, right-click to access the full scenery list.

Offline .:BOBOLACUPCSSR:.

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 08:40:08 am »
Thanks guys, i'd rather stick to the official stuff, so im downloading mapmakerplus now

Date Posted: April 27, 2007, 09:37:59 AM
Ok, mapmakerplus, didnt work, said needs to be reinstalled, getting polyworks now, thanks

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 01:33:36 pm »
Just use PW. If you insist, MapMaker needs to be put into the ..\Soldat\MapMaker folder.