Author Topic: Why , you niggaz , hate M79  (Read 16513 times)

Offline Le MeSsiE {neo}

• Major
  • Marchenchianteur
    • http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_fr.php?id=1116690
Re: Why , you niggaz , hate M79
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2006, 01:27:16 pm »
I hate M79 because I love it.
Originally posted by Raptor
Who in this site needs french translation???
Je suis Français et je vous emmerde.

Offline Headless Sniper Ex

• Major(1)
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2006, 01:53:17 pm »
i love barret im really good at it i miss 1 once for every 12 shots
i get killed wen i miis with barret or i get a socom and own with it cause im good with it
 ;D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 02:14:24 pm by Headless Sniper Ex »

Offline general left right

• Major(1)
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2006, 02:21:45 pm »
The thing about m79 is that theres so many ways to one shot kill someone.  Even if you miss with it, you can still kill someone with the splash, and you can noobshoot into a mass of people and just kill half of them.  If anyone cares, you cant do that with any other gun in one shot, even a barret.  Also, if a M79 kills in one shot, why doesnt a grenade?

Lastly, it is easier to use in close combat than any other gun.  With the barret, you cant use it in close combat and hope to survive, and with any other gun there is no way you can kill in one shot.  But with a '79, you simply shoot straight forward and you took someone out.  And (in less time than a barret's prep.) you reload, kill again.  Personally I think the splash should be bigger, so if you kill someone in close combat youll get hurt.
Sound Effects and Overdramatics

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2006, 04:38:03 pm »
Also, if a M79 kills in one shot, why doesnt a grenade?

Grenades do kill on hit, though it's not as guaranteed as the M79 and more so the Barret. I know a few times I've dodged an M79 shot thinking I had the go ahead to close in, only to get a grenade stuffed down my throat and die on impact, even with full health. Walking on a grenade is pretty much an instant kill as well. I'm actually surprised that the M79 gets so much flack with grenades being so plentiful on servers, and doing everything the M79 does times four (usually).

Lastly, it is easier to use in close combat than any other gun.  With the barret, you cant use it in close combat and hope to survive, and with any other gun there is no way you can kill in one shot.  But with a '79, you simply shoot straight forward and you took someone out.  And (in less time than a barret's prep.) you reload, kill again.  Personally I think the splash should be bigger, so if you kill someone in close combat youll get hurt.

This is what needs to happen. Ideally, every weapon would have its place in the game. With M79 shots and grenades being able to be unloaded point blank for a kill but not selfkill, it rids any reason to hold onto a chainsaw or knife. Kamikaze M79ers should be just that -- kamikaze. If they're willing to take you out at close range, then they shouldn't have the luxury of advancing on the map, doing the same to everyone they come across.

Offline o0oh0ller

• Major(1)
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2006, 07:53:20 pm »
if u see someon kill me with m79 then die right after,thats what u call a n00b

Offline Fluffy

• Camper
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2006, 08:18:28 am »
I have no problem with the M79. If you keep your distance from it and dodge constantly, it's no danger at all.

And M79 does require skills, stop crying like a baby.

Long live Nazi-Communism!

Offline Mister Angry

• Major(1)
  • It's Ridge Racer, RIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!!!!!!!
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2006, 06:27:42 pm »
(Yay, I make this annoying thread live, FUN!)

M hmm... Skills...

What are these "skills" needed?

The ability to madly charge through the map and simply click when a person an inch in distance from you and if you miss contiue madly charging?

One hit kill weapons do NOT belong in a 2d game...
I have the rare "Nintendo Fanboyism" disease, And ba-da-ba-ba-baaaaa, I'm Lovin' It.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2006, 07:00:04 pm »

The ability to madly charge through the map and simply click when a person an inch in distance from you and if you miss contiue madly charging?

I could say that the dead person lacks skill getting that close to an unidentified M79 user as well. It's not difficult at all to make the shot miss and kill from a distance. People expecting to charge blindly on a map then complain when they don't have time to react after charging head first into death is ridiculous.

I'd say the same about the autos. I can appreciate a person's ability to aim a shot and have it land on target. I'm not crazy about people being able to pump dozens of bullets in a certain direction, binking the person who actually needs to aim for kills before taking him out.

Offline general left right

• Major(1)
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2006, 10:14:21 am »
Hands down, M79 takes skill and luck for a far away shot, but again, none from close up. 
Auto's can get obnoxious bet they are more well balanced than the Barret and M79.  For instance, the Steyr may be fast and have good range, but its damage is shit.  Also, the Ak, may have good damage and range, but its speed is less than a Ruger.  Then, the mp5: Has ok damage and great speed, but it falls into the ground in around 5 metres.  And the minigun takes so much skill to kill with and be good at, because an auto-er trying to kill someone has to anticipate where they are going to be in two seconds.  Lastly the MiniMini, probably the best/most underrated auto, because most people want to hold it down, and its crappy when held down.  Its basically like a less powerful ruger with more ammo and a slower reload.
That being said, this is about m79, just clarifying
Sound Effects and Overdramatics

Offline Mister Angry

• Major(1)
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2006, 10:56:59 am »

I could say that the dead person lacks skill getting that close to an unidentified M79 user as well. It's not difficult at all to make the shot miss and kill from a distance. People expecting to charge blindly on a map then complain when they don't have time to react after charging head first into death is ridiculous.

What about this "dead" person? Maybe he wasn't charging but he HAS to advance foward. You can't exactly stop on a dime and turn around. Momentum carries us foward dangit. What? Am I suppose to COMPLETELY slow down the game for me and always tread SLOWLY through maps, reaching my destination in 10 minutes so I don't get blasted? (But more vulernable to being sniped)

I'd say the same about the autos. I can appreciate a person's ability to aim a shot and have it land on target. I'm not crazy about people being able to pump dozens of bullets in a certain direction, binking the person who actually needs to aim for kills before taking him out.

Bink...Hahahaha...Bink is a bunch of lies the government told us. Bink does nothing! Not on m79's not on snipers. I keep the fire thick on many snipers...THICK, even from a good distance...and almost all the time I still get blasted. Hell, I even tried this for myself, in the same server I used the sniper and tested bink (Which is REAL hard since no one these days uses autos or semi-autos). I completely ignored this "Bink" I just aimed and fired...each time I got the kill, unless I can CLEARLY see my aim was actually off. 

M79...Bink...Hahahahahaha.... Funny...

Pfft... And about this "Actual aim" Still a 2d game... Firing a 79 shell to some one an inch away is NOT hard aiming, and even if it was shot from a distance...doesn't matter...I RARELY see people do that.  You know, I can't run away from every person I see assuming it's an m79. If I kept trying to keep distance all the time, I would be constantly be running back to my base, not accomplishing anything for my team at all.

Again...this is a 2d game. Sniping in soldat is hands down the EASIEST sniping I've ever used in an online shooting game. The fact it can one hit kill you from any part of the body... just adds insult to injury. I used to think sniping in games was cool, and took some real patience. It was always great to land a head shot on a person, since that would kill a guy in one hit...In this game...Shooting them in the leg will kill them...Doesn't make me feel "special" about the kill at all...

Damn, you snipers and 79'ers got it so easy...

snipers...if they miss, they can just run away since most of the time your shooting is *off screen*. Unline a traditonial 3d game, when you miss with a sniper, the shot is usually tracable back to the person and since you can still a little dot moving around, you know where the sniper is. Unlike soldat, the guy can just sneak around you even if they miss. When you see a bullet fly by you in Soldat, the only idea you have of where the guy is.....is RIGHT where it came from...The kid can simply run back a little and...they already get a second chance...

79'ers doesn't even have to shoot it at a long distance, just run through and click dangit >.>

I know this topic isnt about the barret but i feel the need to mention this. Hell, I can probably get past the fact that these weapons feel lame only if they werent used SO much.

This is why I don't play as much as I used to, the same old thing every day...so boring...
I have the rare "Nintendo Fanboyism" disease, And ba-da-ba-ba-baaaaa, I'm Lovin' It.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2006, 06:39:15 am »
What about this "dead" person? Maybe he wasn't charging but he HAS to advance foward. You can't exactly stop on a dime and turn around. Momentum carries us foward dangit. What? Am I suppose to COMPLETELY slow down the game for me and always tread SLOWLY through maps, reaching my destination in 10 minutes so I don't get blasted? (But more vulernable to being sniped)

Yep! :) I agree that it's a Catch-22, damned if you do, damned if you don't situation at times. Look at the weapons as shades of gray with the one-hit primaries at the two extremes -- one which rewards speed via short reaction times and boosting, and the other extreme patience through camping and extended view range. Still, you're exagerating far too much regarding the time it takes to not bunny hop like an idiot regardless of one's surroundings and reach the other side of a given map. You could walk Equinox and Run in 30 seconds or so.

Edit:

Bink...Hahahaha...Bink is a bunch of lies the government told us. Bink does nothing! Not on m79's not on snipers.

It does, and if you tried using one under auto fire, you'd see. Of course, any weapon isn't going to have aiming issues if you're face-to-face with the binked enemy. At the same time, bink isn't some magical event that makes it impossible to fire, and you can adjust to it somewhat, though for an M79, the auto stream will have likely binked, pushed out of range, and killed before you can make a good shot.

Pfft... And about this "Actual aim" Still a 2d game... Firing a 79 shell to some one an inch away is NOT hard aiming, and even if it was shot from a distance...doesn't matter...I RARELY see people do that.

Most of my M79 shots are mid to long range. It should be that way, too. Ideally, as a weapon, you should be forced to avoid using it at close range due to self kill. Learning how to sail a shot and predict enemy movement is a skill, and being able to land shots such as those are tremendously satisfying, especially given the slow speed of it all. A long distance M79 shot will take two to three seconds just to reach an opponent. That should be the scale -- power versus range/speed. Unfortunately, the problem is too many people are just charging through explosions which kill an opponent but not themselves.

Firing any weapon an inch away from an enemy is "not hard aiming." This isn't exclusive to the M79. Name me one weapon that takes skill to strike someone an inch away. Don't say chainsaw or fists. :P

You know, I can't run away from every person I see assuming it's an m79. If I kept trying to keep distance all the time, I would be constantly be running back to my base, not accomplishing anything for my team at all.

You're engaging in hyperbole. You don't have to run away from everyone. You are attacking them, right? If you don't see someone firing at you the moment you're in his or her view, then you should already assume they're getting into his or her weapon's range. This goes for the knife, Spas, grenades, and possibly others. Not working into your weapon's strengths is poor planning, and just charging into a face-to-face encounter is both unnecessary and asking for death. Learn this, and you'll enjoy tearing apart your enemies struggling to get in just to fire off their M79. :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 12:46:59 pm by Mr. Domino »

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2006, 11:31:09 am »
If things are so boring Mister Angry...then stop playing and whining at once.

For those of us who don't charge head on into people when using an m79, it does take a little skill to actualy aim.  Enough with the exhaggerations already.  hahahahahaha....funny.

Fuckin' whiners.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2006, 12:09:18 pm »

Damn, you snipers and 79'ers got it so easy...

snipers...if they miss, they can just run away since most of the time your shooting is *off screen*. Unline a traditonial 3d game, when you miss with a sniper, the shot is usually tracable back to the person and since you can still a little dot moving around, you know where the sniper is. Unlike soldat, the guy can just sneak around you even if they miss. When you see a bullet fly by you in Soldat, the only idea you have of where the guy is.....is RIGHT where it came from...The kid can simply run back a little and...they already get a second chance...

79'ers doesn't even have to shoot it at a long distance, just run through and click dangit >.>

I know this topic isnt about the barret but i feel the need to mention this. Hell, I can probably get past the fact that these weapons feel lame only if they werent used SO much.

This is why I don't play as much as I used to, the same old thing every day...so boring...
The barrett is not that easy to use. The delay does balance it out a little, and a lot of times it can miss even if the cursor is dead center on your target. Not only that, but you have to wait about 4 second between shots. Have you ever used the Barrett? The Barrett excels only in large maps like Rok and Run, and snipers don't have it that easy.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2006, 01:00:16 pm »
The barrett is not that easy to use. The delay does balance it out a little, and a lot of times it can miss even if the cursor is dead center on your target.

That's because of gravity. D:

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2006, 01:09:22 pm »
The barrett is not that easy to use. The delay does balance it out a little, and a lot of times it can miss even if the cursor is dead center on your target.

That's because of gravity. D:
I know it curves after one screen or so, but it even goes above the target when the cursor is dead center and when the enemy is right in front of you.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline m2dDoG

• Major(1)
  • I don't like you either.
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2006, 01:11:16 pm »
i dont hate m79 ,i hate ppl who use it :D
m79 is too easy killing,easy to handle...
people who kill others they think theyre realy pros then =/

Offline Mister Angry

• Major(1)
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2006, 06:16:38 pm »
If things are so boring Mister Angry...then stop playing and whining at once.

For those of us who don't charge head on into people when using an m79, it does take a little skill to actualy aim. Enough with the exhaggerations already. hahahahahaha....funny.

****in' whiners.

No, If I wanted to whine I would come here saying...

Liek omfg waaaah dese gunz are fexing lame dey shuld just frickin nuke dem coz dey're laaame! Mommy I want my blankie!!!

I expressed my views on these weapons so deal with it, people can't like everything. I'm SO sorry that I can't idolize the...as you call them skilled players. Kinda hard to like actual "skilled" player when you go up against servers FULL of people using the same things.

Don't get ME wrong here, I like my sniping and grenade launchers. When I play traditional 3d games, I'm usually that camper on the ledge typing "BOOM HEADSHOT" whenever I get one. But I came to Soldat and tried camping...It felt more lame than fun...I don't feel very special when I blast a guy in the head...Because I can just nail 'em in the legs to kill the guy instead of taking the time to blow the kid's head off... And don't tell me to go off and play some other game. I like Soldat, why else would I've been playing it for like the past.... two years? Give or take a few months... I honestly think the flaws of 2d shooting is being shown when it comes to barret's and m79's. *

shrugs* why bother though, I've done different thinking in games many times before, going aganist the ways of how people does things during online games. And when I say "go aganist" I'm not necessarly saying that I think whatever the problem is...is lame...It's just I have a different way of thinking... Seems to be all a waste of typing energy for me. Not like anything's gonna change. Right now there's a bunch of Soldat "Vets" shaking their fists at me shouting "STFU NIGGA!!!1"

...and snipers don't have it that easy.

Hehehehehe... It looks like that it is easy going up against 6 snipers at once on an INF map.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 06:35:49 pm by Mister Angry »

Offline Jenkins

• Major(1)
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2006, 09:00:36 pm »
The reason people hate M79 so much is because everybody uses it. When lots of people use a weapon your bound to get some stupid people to give it a bad name. Just look at what has happened to Barrett and Minigun.
Why lots of people use the M79 is, I think, because it is easy to get the hang of. But if you work really hard on another weapon (deagles, ruger, ak) you will generally be able to beat an M79er by extra range, more time to dodge etc.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2006, 04:36:27 am »
im not even gonna read this, racist

Offline Spectral

• Major(1)
  • hawt azn
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2006, 11:15:33 pm »
I only get annoyed by m79 when i use it and i hit the enemy dead on 2 mm in front of me and they dont die.  especially if they have the flag and get boosted away :Q