Author Topic: Why , you niggaz , hate M79  (Read 16537 times)

Offline Mister Angry

• Major(1)
  • It's Ridge Racer, RIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!!!!!!!
Re: Why , you niggaz , hate M79
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2006, 06:15:39 pm »
He said more than me (insert happy face here)

Blah blah blah...Say what you want, you're buggin me. I used to be a guy of reason and stuff but hanging around the internet so long makes me lose my patience. Pfft, I took a stance, but ah screw it, I've been "fighting" this for a looong time now. But then I got smart and realize *Hmm this is a waste of time, why bother fight it*

Go ahead, "pwn" me again with another comeback that I'll reply with some kind of stupid, pointless message that makes me look even more bad so we can contiue to make this dreadful thread live so more people can see it and come on then say something like...

"Yeah, m79 is teh ghey!"

or

"Noobz, m79 takes teh skills and such"

or

"Mister Angry go (cencored) yourself."

or....whatever...What am I rambling about?

I have the rare "Nintendo Fanboyism" disease, And ba-da-ba-ba-baaaaa, I'm Lovin' It.

Offline reckon

• Soldier
  • raccoon!
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2006, 06:53:49 pm »
This is off topic but whatever:
Can we seriously censor the title of this thread?
Im not even african american and I cringe when I read it.
I find it blatantly chauvinistic and unnecessary.
Swing low, sweet chariot!

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2006, 04:37:59 am »
And I will tell you now, I RARELY Say things like "This server's for noobs" or "What a noob server" Unless there's hackers. When I see an abundance of one hit kill users, I usually say things such as "Well....isn't that kill-log beautiful?" (since the picture of m79's is seen rather ofton).

Then just leave and find another server at that point. It's annoying, but what's fun or not fun for you shouldn't dictate how everyone else on a server plays. I know if I encounter a Barret camp happy team, I could switch to binking weapons to attack or stay back to defend for my team to even things out, but that's not fun for me, so I leave after the map change.

I agree. :( Just because some idiots spam that junk in on-line and in-game chat logs doesn't mean this forum should tolerate that. :(

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2006, 07:02:12 am »
Well, I think that the M7-We interrupt this forum post to bring you this message. ZOMG FRAKKING SWEET AVATAR AND SIG GEO. *ahem* very well then.

Carrying on, in my opinion, the M79 is a very easy to use and most of the time difficult to dodge weapon. This is not only because of how the weapon works, but how the user of the weapon reacts in these situations. Let's bring one up, shall we?

I introduced a new player to Soldat, and after playing around with the weapons for about 2 minutes, he went to the M79. So, as he attempted to lob it at me and my clanmate from half a screen, he kept getting killed by that fresh baked mp5 goodness. Mmmm. That's when he started to run up to us and start "suicide bombing" us. He also liked to use the death from above/nade jump technique, and land on our faces before we had a chance to react. Of course, most people cam skip jump out of these situations, and since I know him online, I know how he plays the gun, but on a public server with more than 3-4 people, it can get chaotic when 2 on one team employ these tactics, and rush into the enemy base suiciding everyone in sight.

Also, the suicide techniques are almost never that. Precious and few are the moments a M79'er has blown themself to bits while hitting a target only *in real life* feet away.

However, this weapon can be used with great skill, but only by those who chose to learn how to use it! Simply running up and clicking at a target is not skill, but rather a lack of it. However, you could consider hurtling your Soldat across the screen a skill, and maybe you should try out race maps.

Also, all of you who say that the Barret is easier to use than the M79 make me doubt if you've ever really tried the weapon. I'm not oging to go far into the Barret topic, but the Barret is a fairly well balanced weapon in Soldat, even though shooting in the foot can bring a man to his... well knees. and face. and untimely demise. That's the only issue that really needs to be resolved with the Barret.

Therefore, in summary, the M79, unless used skillfully and tactically, is a noob weapon.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2006, 11:40:43 am »
...still waiting for someone to use the word "hypocrite" in the correct manner.

Hypocrisy is based on a person's beliefs, not their actions. If they do something (whine for example), even though they actually believe it's not ok to do so, then they are NOT a hypocrite for it. So to call someone a hypocrite based on their actions is only making an assumption which you can't prove.. so you're better off not saying anything at all.

I don't think I need to add to this topic... everyone knows what I think about the m79... or at least, they should, by now.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2006, 11:53:52 am »
It's too bad peoples beliefs dictate their actions, so contradicting those beliefs through action does indeed make one a hypocrite.  If a guy preaches about not beating ones wife and then goes home to beat his own, he is a hypocrite.

Don't worry, you didn't add anything to this topic.

I agree with Nfs here.  Running up to a target and popping off a point blank shot isn't skill, and that's what gives the rest of the people using a gun a bad name. If any changes should be made to the gun, it should be in responce to that.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2006, 12:05:21 pm »
Yeah, because everyone believes that it's ok to lie... no I didn't think so.

Saying "People's beliefs dictate their actions" only applies in a general sense. People do things that they know they shouldn't every single day.

It's too bad peoples beliefs dictate their actions, so contradicting those beliefs through action does indeed make one a hypocrite.  If a guy preaches about not beating ones wife and then goes home to beat his own, he is a hypocrite.

Sorry, but you're just plain wrong. The definition of hypocrisy says nothing about contradicting your beliefs. You can't just add your own interpretation to words.. that's how people fail to communicate... that and having no idea what words mean in the first place.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2006, 12:54:18 pm »
Main Entry: hyp·o·crite
Pronunciation: 'hi-p&-"krit
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English ypocrite, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin hypocrita, from Greek hypokritEs actor, hypocrite, from hypokrinesthai
1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

I don't know how to spell it out any clearer.

But this isn't a topic about hypocricy, it's about the m79. 
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2006, 12:13:55 pm »
I find it blatantly chauvinistic and unnecessary.

I dunno about you but I laugh every time I see it. Funny how he just randomly throws 'you niggaz' in there.
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

Offline Slashnoob

• Major
  • only users lose drugs
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2006, 12:59:23 pm »
weapon bitching will always exist.
learn to live with it or change your weapon of use.. cause that won't change.
Former SuperKill