Author Topic: Revoke t's Moderator rights  (Read 8183 times)

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
Re: Revoke t's Moderator rights
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 04:39:41 pm »
However lame the joke is, it's still relevant.  The forums aren't here to cater to your sense of humor, they're here to provide open discussion for the Soldat community.  The Lounge has been more laid-back since the Bash Pit was removed, but you've managed to make posting there a tenacious task once again.

Here's another post you deleted that was completely relevant -
Also, why the HELL would this game be abandonware?! Geez.
Because the game is so bad and undeveloped that people just thought that whoever wasted their precious life trying to make it good would have given up by now.

Seemed like a very legitimate reply to me.  You are making it a requirement to post something constructive to a thread.  Just because something is not constructive does not make it spam.
noobface... seriously... stop. You have not done any moderating since the new forums came about, you even posted a clip from a movie with tons of nudity in it... you have no grounds say anything about me.

To the rest of you, I admit I might have been a little pissy this week. Bad vibes between me and my mom while at work have been festering but luckily we just got it worked out. Honestly I thought I have been letting plenty of crap slip through the cracks to give you guys some space, that post however I just saw "spam' written all over it.. still do.
@ii

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 04:50:29 pm »
noobface... seriously... stop. You have not done any moderating since the new forums came about, you even posted a clip from a movie with tons of nudity in it... you have no grounds say anything about me.

To the rest of you, I admit I might have been a little pissy this week. Bad vibes between me and my mom while at work have been festering but luckily we just got it worked out. Honestly I thought I have been letting plenty of crap slip through the cracks to give you guys some space, that post however I just saw "spam' written all over it.. still do.

Yes, I have done moderating.  Namely at times when things should be moderated as opposed to times I want things to be moderated.  The clip I posted was a scene from a film that didn't even work up an R-equivalent rating in the UK; there was no overt nudity.  Considering you've got a signature that exposes every forum user to gore, I don't think you're in a position to talk about that either.  In addition to being a very mild clip, it is also one of the most recognized scenes from a classic movie.  Not even YouTube had the movie flagged as having mature content.

If you're keeping this up while stilling letting plenty of crap slip through, I'm curious just how ridiculously strict you'd be on a normal day.  Something is wrong if you still see it as having spam written all over it; you've not learned anything from this.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 04:57:20 pm »

Yes, I have done moderating.  Namely at times when things should be moderated as opposed to times I want things to be moderated.  The clip I posted was a scene from a film that didn't even work up an R-equivalent rating in the UK; there was no overt nudity.  Considering you've got a signature that exposes every forum user to gore, I don't think you're in a position to talk about that either.  In addition to being a very mild clip, it is also one of the most recognized scenes from a classic movie.  Not even YouTube had the movie flagged as having mature content.

If you're keeping this up while stilling letting plenty of crap slip through, I'm curious just how ridiculously strict you'd be on a normal day.  Something is wrong if you still see it as having spam written all over it; you've not learned anything from this.
No nudity? I guess 3 naked women just means its a kids show >.>
I haven't had anyone complain to me about my signature.
Is it really wrong to try and give people a place to relax without having to search through utter crap?
@ii

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 04:58:23 pm »
Since when is contibuting in a funny was crap?

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Sentinel

• Major(1)
  • Blast off!
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 05:05:04 pm »
Judging only by karma and reading the posts in this thread alone, I'd say Rambo_6 should lay down slightly on the spam, and Alt+0134 should stop being such a dick of an admin.  He shouldn't have it taken away, just calm down with it.  It is a privilege after all.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 05:32:20 pm »
agreed

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 06:49:41 pm »
Well, I have to put in a good word for t, so far he's been an awesome mod for me (the only post he's deleted of mine deserved it).
Rambo_6 you must have done something big to piss him off, either that or... I dunno.

However it does seem the consensus of this topic that you (t) should lay off of the delete button a bit, so while I haven't seen exactly what you are deleting, I would say lay off of it.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 07:55:22 pm »
Judging only by karma and reading the posts in this thread alone,
The Karma system is totally unfair, Mine should be much lower!
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Not Not Muldritch

• Major
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2007, 09:23:05 pm »
Agreed.

Give me a month or so.

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2007, 12:22:14 am »
Love it when n00bface gets all serious whenever he sees a bandwagon passing to get his little whines carted on ....s'cute..
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2007, 06:35:37 am »
No nudity? I guess 3 naked women just means its a kids show >.>
Seems like it was in the background, and I doubt you'd be complaining (and indeed, nobody else is complaining) about it if it didn't support your ad hominem.

Offline Rambo_6

• Camper
  • Banned
    • (Adam Whitby) What where you're freinds doing on my server earlier?!
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2007, 09:34:08 am »
Love it when n00bface gets all serious whenever he sees a bandwagon passing to get his little whines carted on ....s'cute..

Love it when Chakra comes along to make his snappy British quips.

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2007, 01:52:33 pm »
You're asking to revoke his moderator rights because he deleted a couple of on-topic posts?

Your evidence for this being that he was too harsh?

O cruel irony you doth make me chortle. Now where the fuck are my pringles..?

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2007, 01:57:11 pm »
At times, when a person gains a limited amout of power, he/she may abuse it for a while, but eventually, they'll get out of the funk and start cleaning up the forums a little. But if this is as long as you say it is, so be it. I have nothing to hold a grudge against t, he's just doing his job, and I just like to talk a lot. So...

*casts out bait to catch a moderator fish.* Wish me luck...

Offline Rambo_6

• Camper
  • Banned
    • (Adam Whitby) What where you're freinds doing on my server earlier?!
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2007, 02:19:49 pm »
You're asking to revoke his moderator rights because he deleted a couple of on-topic posts?

And because he's a terrible moderator in general. I'm not the only one who believes this.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2007, 02:23:11 pm »
Give me a month or so.
I was thinking of a bit more then just -10 more karma.

I would like to see someone with less karma then posts, or even better, more karma then posts.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2007, 02:26:56 pm »

And because he's a terrible moderator in general. I'm not the only one who believes this.
I confirm Rambo_6's beliefs: He just deleted my post explaining that Laser Guy's post was spam. Maybe I am just paranoid. :-x

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2007, 02:36:56 pm »

I confirm Rambo_6's beliefs: He just deleted my post explaining that Laser Guy's post was spam. Maybe I am just paranoid. :-x
If you think a post is spam then use the "Report to moderator" button.
@ii

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2007, 03:02:33 pm »

And how was my post "Yeah, go Intel!!!" a spam???
Text goes here...

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2007, 03:10:40 pm »
You really didn't go into the details of Intel and AMD. But I'm just saying things a bit too early.