Author Topic: Soldat Forums Radio??  (Read 5836 times)

Offline adder

• Major
  • Party! At My Place
Soldat Forums Radio??
« on: June 29, 2006, 01:01:52 pm »
hey i dont know if this has been discussed or not but i know that Fractured has a radio station, maybe the soldat forums could get one too. you know, and then ppl could like request songs and stuff, and then members could have shows and stuff (only a couple. not too much), and think...how cool would it be? and like you could listen to it while playing soldat or sumthing. any suggestions???

MySpace
Ingame name: Adder

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Re: Soldat Forums Radio??
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 01:06:28 pm »
there was (is?) and official soldat radio station, not associated with any forums (as it should be).

I don't know if it still exists

edit: your signature breaks the rules. please read them and fix it

Offline adder

• Major
  • Party! At My Place
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 01:14:48 pm »
edit: your signature breaks the rules. please read them and fix it

i read the rules and it says i can have 3 seperate userbars. the userbar pixels can be 400 wide (which they are). i even used a ruler to make sure that it wasnt too tall. could u tell me exactly, how theyre braking the rules??

MySpace
Ingame name: Adder

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 01:20:01 pm »
New: You may have up to 3 separate userbars in your signature, as long as they're each no taller than 20px  and in total their size is less than 20KB, just like any other signature.  The userbars may not be wider than 400px.  When you use any userbars, you may only have 1 line of text no wider than 100chars.

if you're gonna read the rules, read the whole thing.

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Soldier
  • Boomshakalack!
    • Real Soldat!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 04:28:48 pm »
Yea, there used to be a soldat radio called... Soldat Radio, obvious hm?  ::)
But I think it's dead, nut sure though. Here's the link to the website

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 04:51:45 pm »
Yeah. Kinda died long ago, due to lack of interest. I think fractured's went along with it too. I don't think anyone'd be interested in trying it again unless there was a sudden desire for such crap.
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 05:05:48 pm »
I asked MM a question on the interview with him on sr, whether he supported the use of the term "barretard".. I feel so hipociritcal now that I am one.

I like Soldat Radio.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 05:13:02 pm »
I think it should be activated once a year(ish) for an interview with the Marcinkowskinator.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline DarkNoddy

• Soldier
  • BunnehMastah
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 04:17:27 am »
If I'm not mistaking the radio is still up, but its kinda dead.. Tuned in about a month ago, was like 3 users on average.. Nothing compared to the peak of ~160 or something (at once) :S
----Get µTorrent here! - Torrent Tutorial----  
The sum of all fears: 01945

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 06:38:09 am »
if there's going to be a Radio, I'm going to suggest that it just be the Soldat Community radio station (aka the old Soldat Radio), I don't think it should be tied to the forums and I wouldn't let it be called the official soldat forums radio.

Offline kingkitty

• Soldier
  • Yes!
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 06:42:10 am »
Could there be a pod cast?
I'm away.

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 06:54:08 am »
I liked suggesting fireman sam theme song for radio.

Offline Stalky

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 07:29:45 am »
I liked Soldat Radio. It was entertaining.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 07:57:46 am »
That would be kind of cool to hear members of the community actively discussing things.  and music!

New: You may have up to 3 separate userbars in your signature, as long as they're each no taller than 20px and in total their size is less than 20KB, just like any other signature. The userbars may not be wider than 400px. When you use any userbars, you may only have 1 line of text no wider than 100chars.

How come when he messes up he gets a simple warning but when I messed up you had to go replace it with an insulting picture in the old forums.  And don't say it's because I had already so many posts and was an active member and should know better - it WAS the first time afterall that I got a pic for myself.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Stalky

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 08:07:03 am »
If you have issues with FliesLikeABrick, PM him about it and leave this topic out of it. ;)

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 08:19:55 am »
That would be kind of cool to hear members of the community actively discussing things.  and music!

New: You may have up to 3 separate userbars in your signature, as long as they're each no taller than 20px and in total their size is less than 20KB, just like any other signature. The userbars may not be wider than 400px. When you use any userbars, you may only have 1 line of text no wider than 100chars.

How come when he messes up he gets a simple warning but when I messed up you had to go replace it with an insulting picture in the old forums.  And don't say it's because I had already so many posts and was an active member and should know better - it WAS the first time afterall that I got a pic for myself.

It isn't my fault that a moderator put an insulting picture in your sig.  You can't blame me for what they did, esp back when I wasn't an admin.  Things like that won't happen on the new forums

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 08:30:49 am »
hmm.... a Soldat Radio, eh?? That's crazy!

That so crazy it JUST MIGHT WORK!

I like the idea, but could you get people from all over the world participating (and listening, i suppose) on it? Or would it be broadcast over the net or something? (can you even do that?)
I rule.
IGN: vK:\\ Deadpool

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 08:37:32 am »
hmm.... a Soldat Radio, eh?? That's crazy!

That so crazy it JUST MIGHT WORK!

I like the idea, but could you get people from all over the world participating (and listening, i suppose) on it? Or would it be broadcast over the net or something? (can you even do that?)
wtf are you on about, there already IS a Soldat Radio.... http://radio.selfkill.com

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006, 08:42:34 am »
Yeah. Kinda died long ago, due to lack of interest. I think fractured's went along with it too. I don't think anyone'd be interested in trying it again unless there was a sudden desire for such crap.
I rule.
IGN: vK:\\ Deadpool

Offline Sebastian

• Major
  • Secretly Canadian
    • 2Wai Forum
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 12:37:59 pm »
A monthly podcast would be a way better idea than trying to revive the old soldat radio... Just 1 hour of small-talk related to soldat with all the latest news, funny commercials, interviews ... packed in one file ... a sticky topic with a downloadlink on this forum and the train is on the rails...