Author Topic: Barret Skills  (Read 2946 times)

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
Barret Skills
« on: June 29, 2006, 08:11:28 pm »
hey whats up everyone. As some of you know, i have been a pure auto user. But recently i picked up the barret and for the first day or two i was awesome. I surprised myself at how good i was doing with such little practice. But now on about day 3 i am missing easy shots, missing EFCs and totally sucking it up. Did other Auto-now-barret have problems with there skills dropping? Should i give up barret and stick with autos, or is this the kinda "give a little to get a lot" kinda thing?
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
Re: Barret Skills
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 08:52:12 pm »
With barret you get what you give.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 09:28:17 pm »
Same thing happened to me. Now though im pretty good at both, i guess if you can hit a long range enemy with a barret, you've got a good chance of getting it with an auto which shoots 50 rounds like bambambambam.

I've found i cant hit anything with my knife now. Someone can be right next to me but i will still miss them.

Offline Dathker

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 11:17:45 pm »
barret skills help ruger skills, because of all the leading, you can predict where the efc is even if they are off the screen, whatnot.
dathker :<

Offline air139

• Major
    • Air139 @ Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 11:26:28 pm »
hey whats up everyone. As some of you know, i have been a pure auto user. But recently i picked up the barret and for the first day or two i was awesome. I surprised myself at how good i was doing with such little practice. But now on about day 3 i am missing easy shots, missing EFCs and totally sucking it up. Did other Auto-now-barret have problems with there skills dropping? Should i give up barret and stick with autos, or is this the kinda "give a little to get a lot" kinda thing?

Are you playing Realistic? If so pm and I'll set up a time to teach you some nessisary skills

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 12:09:01 am »
Be well-rounded.  Know how to play with both.  Thus you should practice with barret because most auto users never feel the need to go to a one-hit-kill weapon like the barret (M79) - but barreters may from time to time revert to autos in unique situations.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 01:38:40 am »
I have me days, on and off.. I used to be pretty good with both of'em, but now it comes and goes. Be aware of what map you're playing. Some maps are better for sniping than others. It might have something to do with the colouration of the map, making it easier for the eye. Not to mention the map structure, ofcourse.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline The Chapter

• Major(1)
  • Camper.
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 10:08:55 am »
- Nod - Stick with it. Do'nt let these skills dwindle. Just give it a chance. Heh.. I sometimes have the same problem.

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 10:26:36 am »
barret skills help ruger skills, because of all the leading, you can predict where the efc is even if they are off the screen, whatnot.

And people complain about spraying...

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 10:27:31 am »
Except, we know with good reason where the person should be, not too hard to do. It is not spraying, however.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 10:36:40 am »
Except, we know with good reason where the person should be, not too hard to do. It is not spraying, however.

When pros shoot autos at long range they're not just randomly shooting, they have a good idea where the enemy is too.  The only spraying that aggitates me at all is when people sit at their base and pump shots in the general direction of the enemy.

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Soldier
  • Boomshakalack!
    • Real Soldat!
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 10:43:11 am »
I totally agree with Koon. I've called a sprayer many times while I knew there was an enemy.
Every now and then I use the barret, and I noticed that it really depends on my day if I can use it or not. One moment I miss the easiest shots, while the other moment I don't miss a single shot.

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 10:45:54 am »
Haha.I dont have broblems at all ;D.But im better on autos!

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 05:27:37 pm »
I have good days and bad days with it. Sometimes I can't hit a damn barn.

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 06:29:06 pm »

When pros shoot autos at long range they're not just randomly shooting, they have a good idea where the enemy is too. The only spraying that aggitates me at all is when people sit at their base and pump shots in the general direction of the enemy.

Amen!

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2006, 02:41:22 am »
I stuck with it, after some serious consideration of putting it up.  But now i have improved alot since i try to use it as often as possible.  Depending on the map ill pull out an auto, but i noticed im doin much better with barret!
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Le MeSsiE {neo}

• Major
  • Marchenchianteur
    • http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_fr.php?id=1116690
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2006, 05:51:31 am »
With barret you get what you give.
Exactly!  ;)
Anyway, Barret can't be a sraya's arm and his skill is coming from a good train and a few happy luck .
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 06:13:15 am by Le MeSsiE {neo} »
Originally posted by Raptor
Who in this site needs french translation???
Je suis Français et je vous emmerde.