Author Topic: Holy shit  (Read 7819 times)

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
Re: Holy ****
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2007, 04:37:36 pm »
No, a-4-year-old caused a GREAT  disturbance in the force..  :P
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline MWTBDLTR

• Major
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2007, 04:44:31 pm »
Every new version has its problems and they'll get fixed.  1.4 was a major update to Soldat, so it makes sense that we have some major problems to work out.

Yet you make us wait and wait, and keep delaying the release time.  Chakra said it would probably be released sometime on November.  4 months later, after you guys say, "Just wait, trust me, you will be happy".  We get an unfinished 1.4

I was really expecting with how horribly long it took you guys to work on it, you didn't finish it...

I'm sure eventuallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy there will be a patch, but I'm most unhappy with the beta testers and the people who worked on it.  I understand you don't spend 24 hours online, but going this long and hot having it done, is very disappointing. 
.:*OC*:. MWTBDLTR

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2007, 11:17:37 pm »
Every new version has its problems and they'll get fixed.  1.4 was a major update to Soldat, so it makes sense that we have some major problems to work out.

Yet you make us wait and wait, and keep delaying the release time.  Chakra said it would probably be released sometime on November.  4 months later, after you guys say, "Just wait, trust me, you will be happy".  We get an unfinished 1.4

I was really expecting with how horribly long it took you guys to work on it, you didn't finish it...

I'm sure eventuallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy there will be a patch, but I'm most unhappy with the beta testers and the people who worked on it.  I understand you don't spend 24 hours online, but going this long and hot having it done, is very disappointing. 

None of the issues people are experiencing were experienced by the beta team; it's rediculous to expect bugs, that weren't found(due to not being experienced), to be fixed.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2007, 03:34:52 am »
They just wanna see if 1.4 is good or not.

Well, guess what. It sucks ass!

You just told us you hvnt played it... lol
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2007, 03:57:18 am »
None of the issues people are experiencing were experienced by the beta team; it's rediculous to expect bugs, that weren't found(due to not being experienced), to be fixed.
That's what most people don't get, that you can always get problems arising, no matter what you do.

What the guys who are complaining should do is just be patient. This is a small game, and you don't have to pay to play this game, so don't put so much pressure onto the developers.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2007, 04:15:50 am »
1.4.1 is the last version

Why does everybody keep saying that? Did MM actually come out and say that it'll be the last release?

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2007, 04:27:33 am »
I dont get what everyones problems are. This is a great version, it has never crashed on me, I enjoy the ballance. This game is complete in my opinion. I have yet to run into any bugs. Worked just fine for me from the get go.

Heres an Idea. Go look at your setup file from 1.3.1 and make it match the setup file for 1.4. Problem solved, instead of whining here on the forums, over a great game that one man spent a life tiem creating, try figuring out yoru problems. Ask for help. Give specfic details on what is going on. Look at the known bugs and issues, and possible fixes.

Chill out. Its only a game. Dont like it? Dont play.

Btw, Fantastic job MM. <3
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2007, 04:29:58 am »
I dont get what everyones problems are. This is a great version, it has never crashed on me, I enjoy the ballance. This game is complete in my opinion. I have yet to run into any bugs. Worked just fine for me from the get go.

Heres an Idea. Go look at your setup file from 1.3.1 and make it match the setup file for 1.4.
Same here. Never had any problems.

How do you get angry at a computer game anyway? Generals sucked big time but I never got "angry" about it, I just stopped playing it. And that was that.

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2007, 04:33:45 am »
I can understand fluffy's feelings right now. He has a broken heart cause of Soldat not working ...
He is after all a nazi-communist...

Just chill man. Firefox and alchohol don't run on my computer and it is a pretty common configuration. But I don't go around telling that firefox sux ass. Cause it doesn't. All of these problems are overhyped and then people who really have problems running the game, like you, don't get help or atleast a drop of simpathy.
Well I share your feelings my friend cause this has cause a great disturbance in the nazi-communist force...

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2007, 04:35:34 am »
The only reason they dont get help or sympathy, is because of posts like this. If they were to make nice, relaxed intelligent posts, asking for help and describing thier problems, people woudl most likely help out.
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.

Offline Fluffy

• Camper
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2007, 08:36:18 am »
When I couldn't get the game to work, I decided to go to my friend's way better computer to play it. It worked, and I started the game. A big let down. Eveything what was told to me was true.

The text looked like somebody turned the monitor horizontally, took a diarrhea dump and vomited on it. When I made my first shot, I thought I was shooting balls of plasma instead of bullets.
Then the game crashed, so I decided to try an internet game. The first time I was kicked for possible cheating before I even selected my weapon.

The second time I could play, everybody complained about 1.4 being the worst version ever and talked about switching back to 1.3.1. After I left, I couldn't request new servers and I had enough.

What amazed me the most was that there was nothing new that I could notice.

Long live Nazi-Communism!

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2007, 09:03:39 am »
WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG   D:
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2007, 09:16:08 am »
Hmm... I don't have any problems with 1.4 :)

and i think the balance is good, but SPAS could be made a bit weaker..it's the new m79..

Offline n0fx

• Major(1)
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2007, 10:54:20 am »
in soldat u can change almost everything (bullets, fonts, gosteks, weaps) so if u dont like the default .. mod it urself .. or get horny by whining on forums  ;) (i guess u choose second option)

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2007, 11:06:53 am »
WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG D:
Good idea.

Soldat 1.4 isn't necessarily soldat 1.4.1, if you know what I mean and I think you do. Once the patch is released, it's automatically renamed 1.4.1 and that's (hopefully) the last version/update if they fixed all the bugs. But at least the bots are as entertaining as ever. The source code will prolly be realeased a few years later on, so you can add stuff from the Game Improvements and Suggestions forums.