Author Topic: Soldat 1.4 blank grey playing screen  (Read 657 times)

Offline fishfood

• Major
Soldat 1.4 blank grey playing screen
« on: April 29, 2007, 01:30:06 pm »
I'm Fish's brother, and my soldat is messed up.
My soldat starts up fine, but when I try to join a server my screen goes blank and freezes.  The only way to exit the game is ALT-F4.  Also, I've got an ATI XPERT 98 AGP 2X video card and 256MB of RAM. I have a Pentium II processor.  I've tried all the other posted solutions and none have worked so far.

Any help would be appreciated!

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
Re: Soldat 1.4 blank grey playing screen
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 02:23:22 pm »
Heh. Simple problem you have there; go into the Config.exe, switch to the 'more' tab, and pop the button that has something-to-do-with 'ATI'. It should be rather large and on the left hand side of the message window :D.

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline fishfood

• Major
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 02:30:34 pm »
That's for if the screen goes blank during a bonus.  This is everytime you try to play.
Doesn't fix the problem.  :(
Thanks though.

Offline Tek+Lok

• Major
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 03:03:24 pm »
you try installing directx?

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 03:05:36 pm »
But did you try it ? Like I've said in other posts, computers are quite odd occasionaly, and things you don't think will fix a problem will end up doing it. But yeah, run dxdiag (after hitting Start-Run or the Windows key+R) and figure out if you have the latest 'n greatest Direct X.

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 04:31:59 pm »
only way around this i know of is to (in the setup):
1. turn on video compatibility
2. Change resolution to 640x480
3. turn off software video
4. 16 bit

let us know how this goes.

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline fishfood

• Major
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 04:50:39 pm »
Turning off force software helped.  :)
Thanks!

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 09:53:11 pm »
no worries mate, glad to help you

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!