Author Topic: Walk me through, step by step, on how to get 1.4 to look like previous version  (Read 770 times)

Offline {depth}shaman

• Soldier
  • I'm Warning lvl 1! So i suggest you lay low
Aright. Some changes are cool. But really. Please tell me how i can get:
1. the bullets to look like the previous versions bullets, not cartoony lasers.
2. The text to look normal.
3. The kill list in the top right corner not to take up half the screen so if I'm on alpha i can actually see the dudes I'm shooting at.
4. Make the soldat icon look like the old icon.

I just simply like the way the old soldat looked. I'd personally rather it was harder to see the bullets. I mean, that was part of the challenge that separated mediocre players from the pros.

Thankyou. And really the rest is alright. Except for the nerfed AKĀ  >:( (hella gay)
Life's like a shit sandwich. The more bread you have, the less shit goes down with each bite.

Offline Zero

• Soldier
1. i coped my 1.3.1 weopons-gfx folder and replaced with the 1.4

2. http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=13712.0
True warriors know the destructiveness of power-and how and when to use it.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
1. Install this mod that another non-mod user resistant to change made. Remember to delete the .pngs of the bullets, they take precedence over the .bmps.
2. Check out this topic to get 1.4's font as close to 1.3.1's as possible (font shadows cannot be disabled, but they're sexy anyway)
3. Set the option KillConsoleNameSpace= in txt/font.ini to something less. I use 4, but you could try 0.

Other than that, just get used to Soldat's new look.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 07:22:26 pm by xtishereb »
<3*xwd
love conquers all