Author Topic: [BattlEye] Access Violation  (Read 2102 times)

Offline y0da

• Soldier
  • :: Chaos Hunters ::
    • [cH] Soldat Clan
[BattlEye] Access Violation
« on: April 30, 2007, 08:04:26 am »
I get an Access Violation with the BEServer_x86.dll file after running my modded Soldat game (changed only Weapons-gfx, Explosion, Interface-gfx/Guns, using the -mod "modname" command). It's OK when I play on the default gfx. This happens on my own Lan or Internet game. I turned the BattleEye on. The game freezes, I must go back to the desktop to shut the error box and then it works fine. It's quite annoying.
Is there a way to solve this, instead of turning BE off, or just playing on the default gfx?

Oh, this happens to when I start a Dedicated Server. Even if it's not modded and all. Could this be caused by some programs running in the background ie. Steam, Miranda IM?

Everything works fine, but these error boxes... r0ar!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 06:46:47 am by y0da »

Offline Michal Marcinkowski

• Creator of Soldat
  • Flagrunner
  • I ain't got time to bleed.
    • Soldat home page
Re: [BattleEye] Access Violation
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 09:05:30 am »
What happens if you delete the file and reinstall?

Offline y0da

• Soldier
    • [cH] Soldat Clan
Re: [BattleEye] Access Violation
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 10:02:41 am »
No, it didn't help. I figured that it freezes a moment before the "BattleEye Server: Initialized" should show up. Everytime it shows the same error.

Do you need any other informations?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 10:08:24 am by y0da »

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
Re: [BattlEye] Access Violation
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 07:02:10 am »
It's definitely not BE's fault. Soldat might get internally corrupted somehow when running your modded version.

When do you get this message btw? A few seconds after server start (no one joined so far) or only if someone joins your server?
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline y0da

• Soldier
    • [cH] Soldat Clan
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 07:13:55 am »
A few seconds after server start (no one joined so far)

Yeah, I'm the only player on my LAN/INT in the first screen. On the second it's my Dedicated LAN/INT server with no players even though no modifications are in use atm.

Edit: Here, I'll even share with you my modded files. Click
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 07:19:21 am by y0da »

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 07:53:36 am »
Well you got the error in the dedicated server with a fresh Soldat install (no changes done to the files at all)?
Then I dont know. Soldat seems to get corrupted internally because of something else then.

Btw, these modded files work fine for me.

Do you still see the BE "Initialized" message, and if so when (before or after that error box)?
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline y0da

• Soldier
    • [cH] Soldat Clan
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 01:32:10 pm »
it freezes a moment before the "BattleEye Server: Initialized" should show up
The BE "Initialized" shows after the error box.

I have found another important thing! This whole thing happens only when I have 'Auto Recording' on and running with my modded files! Now we would need some help from MM, $able... ;]
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 01:33:46 pm by y0da »

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 02:01:26 pm »
And on dedicated server? I dont see auto-recording there.

Date Posted: May 04, 2007, 02:51:48 pm
I still dont get any error when using your mod with auto-record.

Did you try a fresh reinstall of 1.4?

Date Posted: May 04, 2007, 02:58:37 pm
Could you upload your soldat.ini?

Offline y0da

• Soldier
    • [cH] Soldat Clan
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 02:25:49 pm »
This is getting me nervous... Do I only have this problem? You need to come to my place then. ;]
Link

Yes, I reinstalled Soldat many times... Even watching those demos give me so many errors...

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 09:16:57 am »
Do you ever get this error without having a mod installed (ingame and on dedicated server)?

Date Posted: May 04, 2007, 03:58:38 pm
So?

Offline y0da

• Soldier
    • [cH] Soldat Clan
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 02:38:44 pm »
I don't get any errors ingame (without modifications), but on dedicated (which is obviously run without mods) - hell yeah.

I'm not that stupid you know, but this thing is almost impossible to solve, I'm just nervous about it. So give me a longer list of questions, cause I don't know if those infos could actualy help... >.<

I have all the newest Windows Updates, DX9, .NET Framework and all...

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 02:43:46 pm »
What tells you the dedicated server doesnt load the modded files too?
Try to run it with the original files and tell me if the error is gone.

How is it: Does the "Initialized" appear while the error box is there or right after you close the box?
And the error box doesnt pop up immediately after you created the game but ~2-3 secs delayed right?

Offline y0da

• Soldier
    • [cH] Soldat Clan
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 03:17:32 pm »
Because I run my modded Soldat files only through the shortcut (Soldat/Soldat.exe -mod y0da) and the dedicated runs from the Start/Programs/Soldat/Soldat Dedicated Server...

Yes, there's this delay after creating my game and the "Initialized" sign shows after I close the error box.

Btw. This talk seems pretty much painful. Is my English so bad? Maybe I should make a movie about it? :>

[Edit] I reinstalled the game, deleted all, in my opinion, unnecessary files and this thing still happens when I have 'Auto Record' on (with the dedicated - without modifications and with my own modified game). Here's a screen of my folder. I'll try to make a virus scan or smth...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 01:29:11 pm by y0da »

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 11:15:54 am »
Ok, and what if you remove the mod completely and then run the dedicated server?

Date Posted: May 05, 2007, 10:42:02 pm
And what programs do you run while playing Soldat?
Do you have some sort of security software such as anti-virus? Is your computer clean (no spyware, virus etc.)?

Also, what OS do you have - and did you install all windows updates?

EDIT: I see you have lots of other stuff in your Soldat directory. Could you install it into a new empty folder?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 11:20:18 am by $able »

Offline y0da

• Soldier
    • [cH] Soldat Clan
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 12:49:06 pm »
Working Programs

Yes, I made an on-line virus scan (I don't use any antivirus programs at all), deleted all suspicious files. I'm running on WinXP HE with all available updates.

Nope. Installing in a diffrent, new folder didn't help. :( Damn, I've got a unique BUG ffs!

Edit: Hey, MKSVir2k7 is a very reliable antivirus program, even on-line. But OK, I'll try to get a freeware... I'll bet it's not a virus fault. It's something corrupting Soldat and BattlEye.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 04:46:09 pm by y0da »

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 04:57:21 pm »
Online virus scan?

You should download an anti-virus program and scan your system properly.

Date Posted: May 07, 2007, 08:34:38 pm
Well yeah, there are many users that get access violations others dont get (because of their software configuration, broken system or whatever).

If this doesnt work out for you maybe try to disable most stuff in the autostart (including custom services; use msconfig tool).
If that doesnt help either, simply play without the auto record feature.